Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1932253 - 07/03/13 06:20 PM I would replace Moore as GM with JFish
yoda Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence
He ' knows how MLB rosters work.'

That makes him slightly more qualified than Moore. But since he never played the game growing up, he doesn't have a very good feel for baseball

#1932902 - 07/06/13 07:59 AM Re: I would replace Moore as GM with JFish [Re: yoda]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
Wonderful use of the message board. Good job! A+!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1932903 - 07/06/13 08:02 AM Re: I would replace Moore as GM with JFish [Re: yoda]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
Also--I've seen you try to make that argument several times--that playing baseball growing up enables you to somehow understand and analyze the game better. It does add a bit of perspective, but really not a whole lot unless you played in the majors, when you're talking about MLB. And this is coming from someone who played all throughout high school.

It's just totally fallacious to say one necessarily has a better grasp of/ability to analyze the game because they played it as a teenager.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1933053 - 07/06/13 03:02 PM Re: I would replace Moore as GM with JFish [Re: yoda]
yoda Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Wow, really going after to me today after your lengthy break huh? Sorry, but I'm taking the high road with you, and not engaging in any arguments. It's tiring to be honest

#1933110 - 07/06/13 06:41 PM Re: I would replace Moore as GM with JFish [Re: yoda]
IrishHawk32 Offline
Token Leprechaun

Loc: Lawrence, KS... @ AFH
I disagree. I think playing ball really helps. You understand how players minds work and you do really have a better feel for the game. Not to mention the players have a little bit more respect if the guys in charge have played ball. Not huge stuff, but especially in baseball the little things add up.

I don't think it is the end all. If a guy really knew his stuff, but never played ball it wouldn't stop me from hiring him. Paul Depodesta and Sandy Alderson both did pretty well for themselves.

#1933111 - 07/06/13 06:43 PM Re: I would replace Moore as GM with JFish [Re: IrishHawk32]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Loc: KC, MO
How much ball did Bill James play?

#1933121 - 07/06/13 07:02 PM Re: I would replace Moore as GM with JFish [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
IrishHawk32 Offline
Token Leprechaun

Loc: Lawrence, KS... @ AFH
None if I remember correctly and obviously you hire that guy in a second. Pretty sure he is still advising the Red Sox though.

#1933133 - 07/06/13 07:38 PM Re: I would replace Moore as GM with JFish [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
yoda Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: CrimsonNBlue
How much ball did Bill James play?

Clearly James is the exception and not the rule. He's the mother of all geeks basically

#1933260 - 07/07/13 01:44 PM Re: I would replace Moore as GM with JFish [Re: yoda]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

lol @ yoda. what a dunce

#1933288 - 07/07/13 04:21 PM Re: I would replace Moore as GM with JFish [Re: yoda]
yoda Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I would tell you to go [censored] yourself — but clearly you're the Albert Einstein of sports message boards.

It's funny since one person agreed with Jfish and one person agreed with me

#1933415 - 07/07/13 10:59 PM Re: I would replace Moore as GM with JFish [Re: yoda]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

lol, no one agreed with you, dunce.

#1933436 - 07/07/13 11:30 PM Re: I would replace Moore as GM with JFish [Re: yoda]
yoda Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Irishhawk agreed with me. Attempt to read before replying. It won't make you look so pathetically stupid next time.

It's not my fault that you're borderline illiterate

#1933439 - 07/07/13 11:35 PM Re: I would replace Moore as GM with JFish [Re: yoda]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

lol, he didn't agree with you, you fukcing dunce, he disagreed with someone else.

#1933440 - 07/07/13 11:38 PM Re: I would replace Moore as GM with JFish [Re: IrishHawk32]
yoda Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: IrishHawk32
I disagree. I think playing ball really helps. You understand how players minds work and you do really have a better feel for the game. Not to mention the players have a little bit more respect if the guys in charge have played ball. Not huge stuff, but especially in baseball the little things add up.

I don't think it is the end all. If a guy really knew his stuff, but never played ball it wouldn't stop me from hiring him. Paul Depodesta and Sandy Alderson both did pretty well for themselves.

Okay, I'll bite.

The above is Irishhawk disagreeing with KU93. KU93 originally disagreed with me about whether or not playing ball while growing up gives you better knowledge of the game. Which in my original post in this thread, I stated that it did. Irishhawk also feels that it does.

That's why KU93 was even talking about this in the first place. As you can see, KU93 says that he has noticed that I have brought this topic up multiple times, which is why he was addressing it in the first place. Attempting to actually read the thread all they way through next time — would be helpful to keep you from looking like you dropped out of school in 1st grade.

Again, I'm sorry that you're a borderline illiterate

#1933443 - 07/07/13 11:40 PM Re: I would replace Moore as GM with JFish [Re: yoda]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

If you have never seen the Big Lebowski, you should. You're Larry Sellers, you're stupidity knows no bounds.

#1933474 - 07/08/13 12:29 AM Re: I would replace Moore as GM with JFish [Re: yoda]
yoda Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview