Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1928062 - 06/23/13 10:25 AM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Originally Posted By: CrimsonNBlue

I also don't think you can look at the deal without talking about Frenchy.

Well that's exactly it. The Royals would have been in equal or better shape this year just plugging Myers in for Francoeur from Game 1.

#1928673 - 06/24/13 10:47 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
gatorhawk Offline
Sheldon Cooper

Myers hit his second homer. He has 2 in his first week. How many does Hosmer have in half a season? I think moose has 4 in half a season. Oh by the way he is hitting 294 so far. But, but the royals say it takes about 4 years for a prospect to actually be any good.

#1928675 - 06/24/13 10:52 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
gatorhawk Offline
Sheldon Cooper

"Myers, who's hitting .294 with two home runs, a double and seven RBIs after eight games"

Hosmer has 3 homers in 265 at bats.

Moose has 13 RBI in 213 at bats.

#1928778 - 06/25/13 11:13 AM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Dammmm..does this mean we will all have to admit yoder was right. No way.

#1928856 - 06/25/13 01:25 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
pwhittemore Offline
Satellite Coords Mod

Loc: NYC
Rough. But Shields has been better than advertised. Top 20 in ERA and strikeouts in MLB. Just not the wins.

#1928861 - 06/25/13 01:45 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: JFish26]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Originally Posted By: JFish26

Well that's exactly it. The Royals would have been in equal or better shape this year just plugging Myers in for Francoeur from Game 1.

Yes Myers could be in RF for the Royals, but we'd probably have Chen lobbing from the mound in the rotation.
I'd love to have Myers, but the team put itself in a position to get pitching, and pitching costs.

#1928889 - 06/25/13 02:46 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: jammahawk]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: jammahawk
Originally Posted By: JFish26

Yes Myers could be in RF for the Royals, but we'd probably have Chen lobbing from the mound in the rotation.
I'd love to have Myers, but the team put itself in a position to get pitching, and pitching costs.

Ding ding ding. We would have Santana, Hochevar, Chen, Will Smith and Mendozar as the rotation. Which would be completely awful. Give me the rotation currently as is and go after someone like a Nate Schierholtz for RF.

#1928917 - 06/25/13 03:46 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

You forgot Guthrie in your list.

#1928918 - 06/25/13 03:46 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Guthrie? Not to mention the fact that the trade is an explicit acknowledgement that there was money to spend, so...Anibal Sanchez?

Even without a Sanchez move, it is looking like the trade, even this year alone, missed.

#1928926 - 06/25/13 03:50 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I'm not sure missed is the right word.

Shields has been exactly what the Royals needed (his record withstanding).

But having said that, I'd sure as hell would rather have Myers than Shields/Davis, but that's been well documented.

#1928937 - 06/25/13 04:05 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: christgs80]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Originally Posted By: christgs80
but that's been well documented.

By all of us. But let's all let yoda feel smart 6 months after we were all b1tching about earlier.

#1928942 - 06/25/13 04:24 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
yoda Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence
CnB, I felt the same way half a year ago. I just wasn't on this board voicing my displeasure like you guys apparently were.

Now that Wil has been called up and off to a flying start with TB — the wounds are reopened and salt is being poured into them

#1929100 - 06/26/13 12:44 AM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
Like I said in the other thread, it's unwise to judge Myers on this first handful of games. Hosmer made all of us believers in his rookie year. There's no doubt in my mind that Myers will struggle at some point, but how much and for how long remains to be seen. Maybe Myers' first three years end up looking like Hosmer's. I kind of doubt it, but we don't know that yet.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#2016783 - 04/11/17 08:35 AM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Originally Posted By: Maximus
He's almost assuredly going to be a multiple all star. It's like murphy's law with the Royals.

Next GM will be dealing with some pretty empty cabinets. That trade plays no small part.

And add into it, the bust of Christian Colon, Bubba Starling eventually playing QB for KU (please!), and now Zimmer is really struggling.

Get me out of this Royals depression.

The Royals can always deal the prospects of Christian Colon and Bubba Starling as they still have trade value for the F/A that will be traded this year with expiring contracts.

F/A
Chase Headley, Brian McCann, Michael Morse,Shin-Soo Choo,
Hunter Pence, Nelson Cruz, David Murphy, Chase Utley, Jacoby Ellsbury, Justin Morneau, Jhonny Peralta, and Corey Hart.

A sure thing that can play and bat now is better than a "prospect" that could make it. I'd trade Colon and Starling for a Chase Headley. Other lower rated prospects for the rest of the bunch and a KC small market discount of course. smile

The Royals have Jason Adams, Yordano Ventura, Kyle Zimmer in the minors who have MLB talent but need some time to develop. Dayton and the Atlanta Braves philospohy is working. The hitting is also working as Moos, Butler, Gordan, Hoch, ect are getting to the majors they just aren't Hall of Famers. Everyone who could come up did and the kitchen cupboards and refrigerator is empty. When you sign a 35 year old Xavier Nady just to have a body in AAA, then you know your hurting.

The Royals will not be able to sign anyone, only through trade will an hitting acquisition be made.

Dayton will be around for a while. Patience and faith fellow Royals fans.

Should have traded Christian Colon and Bubba Starling.

Will Myers trade looking horrible right now.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Preview