yoda Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence
At this point, I feel like KC barely deserves a MLB baseball team

#1923449 - 06/11/13 09:55 AM Re: Hunter Dozier [Re: yoda]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Yes, its the good people of KC thats been loyal fans for years thats to blame for their draft choices....geeeshh.

#1923455 - 06/11/13 10:05 AM Re: Hunter Dozier [Re: yoda]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Originally Posted By: yoda
Baseball America's No. 39 rated prospect

Austin Meadows is No. 5

Good grief. You don't understand the MLB draft. That's fine I guess.

As intriguing as Meadows is, he's four or five years away. That matters, too.

#1923499 - 06/11/13 12:39 PM Re: Hunter Dozier [Re: yoda]
tyler Offline
Prairie Warrior

Give it a damn rest dude. You're acting like Meadows has already come up to the league and finished top-3 in MVP voting. You can't use a prospect ranking system to statistically back up your one track mindset.

#1923692 - 06/11/13 08:15 PM Re: Hunter Dozier [Re: yoda]
yoda Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Fish I get it — you're the undisputed king of 'armchair GMs.'

I was curious how many other teams utilized the Royals strategy of letting their 2nd round pick and beyond dictate their 1st round pick?

I'm also curious as to why the Pirates drafted the consensus best premium talent on the board, Austin Meadows No. 9, and why they didn't use the Royals strategy of letting their 2nd round pick and beyond dictate their 1st round pick?

Further, I'm curious as to why GM Moore cited excellent saber-metrics as a primary reason for drafting Dozier? He played at Stephen F. Austin. Are you freaking kidding me? Sorry, but using saber-metrics to evaluate a player from Stephen F. Austin is beyond absurd.

— Austin Meadows —

#1923693 - 06/11/13 08:17 PM Re: Hunter Dozier [Re: tyler]
yoda Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: tyler
Give it a damn rest dude. You're acting like Meadows has already come up to the league and finished top-3 in MVP voting. You can't use a prospect ranking system to statistically back up your one track mindset.

One track mind? The topic is Hunter Dozier and why the [censored] he was selected as the Royals 1st round pick. This is what we are discussing Tyler

#1923712 - 06/11/13 09:39 PM Re: Hunter Dozier [Re: PHOGUSHER]
yoda Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Yes, its the good people of KC thats been loyal fans for years thats to blame for their draft choices....geeeshh.

I didn't blame the fans. The only person who has even brought the fans up — was you gusher. Reading comprehension is something you need to brush up on. Hopefully before your next comment

#1923713 - 06/11/13 09:40 PM Re: Hunter Dozier [Re: yoda]
tyler Offline
Prairie Warrior

You are comical at this point. And it is truly embarrassing to yourself to feel the need to talk down to me when it comes to baseball. You have one thought on your mind and you feel the burning need to take up three threads to let us know what that thought is. We should have drafted Meadows. I get it. Now stop being a little condescending prick and littering the baseball boards with your constant babbling over how much smarter you are than Dayton Moore.

Smart you are not yoda.

#1923722 - 06/11/13 09:49 PM Re: Hunter Dozier [Re: tyler]
yoda Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You are comical at this point. And it is truly embarrassing to yourself to feel the need to talk down to me when it comes to baseball. You have one thought on your mind and you feel the burning need to take up three threads to let us know what that thought is. We should have drafted Meadows

And you are 'smart' when it comes to baseball?

I mean, I played growing up. Not sure if you did, but I am sure that I know more than you about baseball. I have yet to see you contribute anything to any of the baseball discussions. You just drop in to call me names when you get mad. But if that's your thing, than whatever.

I mean first of all, you're not a mod. So who the [censored] are you to tell me what I can or cannot comment on? Hope the name-calling made you feel better. Sour grapes much? To be perfectly honest, it's not just Meadows. Even if the Royals passed on Meadows (which they did) their was still other premium talent on the board which other teams quickly scooped up.

Premium talent Hunter Dozier is not.

Which is kind of funny, since the Royals haven't made the playoffs since what, the early 90s? A team like the Royals needs the best talent they can get. Any other strategy is not the right strategy.

There is always an excuse for Moore. Last year, he was pressured by the locals to take Starling. The year before, he just got a free pass on that debacle of a pick. Mous and Hosmer are close to being busts. Free pass after free pass. One of these years he might luck into a superstar. But then he would probably trade him for a 31-year old pitcher.

And Tyler, why is that you have to lie to make your point? I looked, and their is two threads relating to Meadows/Dozier, not three as you suggested

#1923752 - 06/11/13 10:47 PM Re: Hunter Dozier [Re: yoda]
tyler Offline
Prairie Warrior

An Tyler, why is that you have to lie to make your point? I looked, and their is two threads relating to Meadows/Dozier, not three as you suggested

I'm not even going to waste my time with the marathon of rubbish you posted prior to this statement because you are off (once again.) You did post in favor of Meadows in not two, but three separate threads. The initial draft thread. Moore thinks he found a Trout like talent. Hunter Dozier. That's three, you're out.

#1923761 - 06/11/13 10:56 PM Re: Hunter Dozier [Re: tyler]
yoda Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

An Tyler, why is that you have to lie to make your point? I looked, and their is two threads relating to Meadows/Dozier, not three as you suggested

I'm not even going to waste my time with the marathon of rubbish you posted prior to this statement because you are off (once again.) You did post in favor of Meadows in not two, but three separate threads. The initial draft thread. Moore thinks he found a Trout like talent. Hunter Dozier. That's three, you're out.

Posted in, or started three different threads? Big difference. You're not 'wasting your time' because you don't have anything valuable to contribute to this baseball discussion. You called me names, that's the best you could do.

If I agreed with you or Amrchair GM — Fish, regarding this discussion — would it make you happy? Because I feel like it would. I never had a problem with you before. Not sure why you are going into attack-mode on me

#1923762 - 06/11/13 10:56 PM Re: Hunter Dozier [Re: yoda]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
We understand your point, yoda. We get that you want Austin Meadows on this team and we get that you hate the selection of Hunter Dozier, no matter how it's looked at or reasoned. My question is this: why must you continue to go on about it? I respect your opinion. I don't even think it's entirely wrong. You could be spot on. It's just the tone, the pretentiousness that I can't handle. And I don't think I'm unique in that regard.

There is still a season going on, other draft picks to discuss, etc., etc.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1923771 - 06/11/13 11:07 PM Re: Hunter Dozier [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Loc: KC, MO
Absolutely no one is giving a free pass to Moore. That's absurd.

Every Royals fan was completely puzzled by the Dozier pick, until the Manaea pick. And now, while we no one says it will work, we get it.

Meadows and Manaea can't both be signed by the Royals. That's just fact, and the 5-10 round picks just further reiterate that point.

#1923782 - 06/11/13 11:20 PM Re: Hunter Dozier [Re: yoda]
yoda Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You are right that I don't like the selection of Dozier. But it has more to do with where he was selected, not his overall talent- level.

Even with the strategy used, I just don't get how you could let a talent like Meadows slip away after he is basically 'gifted' to you. Meadows projected to have the biggest impact of any player available

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview