Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1921139 - 06/06/13 01:35 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Originally Posted By: CrimsonNBlue
He's almost assuredly going to be a multiple all star. It's like murphy's law with the Royals.

Next GM will be dealing with some pretty empty cabinets. That trade plays no small part.

And add into it, the bust of Christian Colon, Bubba Starling eventually playing QB for KU (please!), and now Zimmer is really struggling.

Get me out of this Royals depression.

The Royals can always deal the prospects of Christian Colon and Bubba Starling as they still have trade value for the F/A that will be traded this year with expiring contracts.

F/A
Chase Headley, Brian McCann, Michael Morse,Shin-Soo Choo,
Hunter Pence, Nelson Cruz, David Murphy, Chase Utley, Jacoby Ellsbury, Justin Morneau, Jhonny Peralta, and Corey Hart.

A sure thing that can play and bat now is better than a "prospect" that could make it. I'd trade Colon and Starling for a Chase Headley. Other lower rated prospects for the rest of the bunch and a KC small market discount of course. smile

The Royals have Jason Adams, Yordano Ventura, Kyle Zimmer in the minors who have MLB talent but need some time to develop. Dayton and the Atlanta Braves philospohy is working. The hitting is also working as Moos, Butler, Gordan, Hoch, ect are getting to the majors they just aren't Hall of Famers. Everyone who could come up did and the kitchen cupboards and refrigerator is empty. When you sign a 35 year old Xavier Nady just to have a body in AAA, then you know your hurting.

The Royals will not be able to sign anyone, only through trade will an hitting acquisition be made.

Dayton will be around for a while. Patience and faith fellow Royals fans.

#1921155 - 06/06/13 01:47 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Nobody in their right mind is trading for Christian Colon.

#1921169 - 06/06/13 02:01 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Royals needs to draft someone line Paul Goldschmidt in the 8th round. Why didn't those Royals scouts know about this guy. He went to Texas State.

#1921174 - 06/06/13 02:03 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: christgs80]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: christgs80
Nobody in their right mind is trading for Christian Colon.

No one in their right mind trades for over the hills QB's from San Francisco on a regular basis but there are people out there.

Alcohol, drugs, women, stupidity, and money can be a deadly combination.

A General Manager who trades for him takes him thinking a former hot prospect with a change of organization and scenery might make it. It happens all the time.

#1921305 - 06/06/13 04:00 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
rockchalker5 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: KC, KS
Originally Posted By: KUSPORTSFAN93
Zimmer is going to be fine. Starling may still be fine too. People are losing their minds way too quickly. I would sure love for the Royals to be drafting Appel tonight though.

On a brighter more, Ventura just got bumped up to AAA ball after a stellar start in AA NW Arkansas.

Zimmer maybe....Bubba? Don't count on it. The Royals really got pressured into that one. They almost had to draft him cuz he is a local. Just because they were so scared of the idea of missing on a guy in their backyard.

#1921309 - 06/06/13 04:01 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
rockchalker5 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

I really thought that someone would be on here blasting the Myers trade.

#1921380 - 06/06/13 04:39 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
Chris was right. Maximus, as usual, is borderline insane.

Nobody wants Christian f*cking Colon. The guy is a lifetime minor leaguer, or so it seems at this point. Has shown absolutely nothing.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1921505 - 06/06/13 06:46 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: rockchalker5]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: rockchalker5
Zimmer maybe....Bubba? Don't count on it. The Royals really got pressured into that one. They almost had to draft him cuz he is a local. Just because they were so scared of the idea of missing on a guy in their backyard.

Albert Pujols was a huge miss.

#1921518 - 06/06/13 06:50 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Nobody wants Christian f*cking Colon. The guy is a lifetime minor leaguer, or so it seems at this point. Has shown absolutely nothing.

Wil Myers did nothing his first 2 years in the minors before exploding so, its development. Wil Meyers goes from 5HR's to 14HR's and then to 30+ HR's. Think the Royals might know or suspect the PED be in his body?

The trade for Shields then is a done debate.

#1921808 - 06/07/13 05:37 AM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: Maximus]
yoda Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence
Originally Posted By: Maximus

Wil Myers did nothing his first 2 years in the minors before exploding so, its development. Wil Meyers goes from 5HR's to 14HR's and then to 30+ HR's. Think the Royals might know or suspect the PED be in his body?

The trade for Shields then is a done debate.

Yeah, you figured it out. Moore knew that Myers is using PEDs and thus traded him for Shields. You're a genius. If I had the ability to ban certain posters from posting in my threads you would be at the very top of my list due to excess retarded comments.

You're one of those people that if you actually knew just how stupid you sounded on a daily basis, you might actually quit. Question, did you play baseball growing up? It seems highly doubtful you played.

Now you will post a picture to try to insult me in an attempt to try to show how cool you think you are. Just please quit posting in my threads. You insult me 24/7. I don't want or need your input about a sport you clearly know zero about. Your input is not welcome in my threads

#1921845 - 06/07/13 09:02 AM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#1921857 - 06/07/13 09:25 AM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: Maximus]
rockchalker5 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Originally Posted By: rockchalker5

Albert Pujols was a huge miss.

Which is why they didn't wanna miss another one. Pujols played in the area...but Bubba is a living legend in some people's minds around here.

#1922174 - 06/07/13 04:17 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
tyler Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Lawrence
The win/loss of this trade will not be determined by the career Myers has with the Rays.

#1923933 - 06/12/13 12:13 PM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: yoda]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Royals fans are way too involved and impressed with what happens in the minors. Players are there for a reason...They aren't ready for the bigs. There are no magic bullets.

#1925467 - 06/17/13 12:43 AM Re: Wil Myers on fire [Re: Maximus]
thekid6 Offline
Jayhawk

Loc: At 5280 Feet
Triple AAA is really for people who will never succeed at the Major League Levels. Most real stars make the jump from Double AA.

Usually the truth.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview