Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1914536 - 05/21/13 10:34 PM Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros [Re: Phog4ever]
41and2since94 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Antarctica
Wow, impressive inning by Crow. Leave him in there, Ned. Please.

#1914541 - 05/21/13 10:42 PM Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros [Re: Phog4ever]
41and2since94 Offline
Prairie Warrior

OK, that was just cool.

Infield hit, two SBs and a wild pitch. Can't get a much cheaper run than that.

#1914549 - 05/21/13 10:57 PM Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros [Re: Phog4ever]
41and2since94 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Needed that one.

How about a "laugher" Wednesday? Maybe spot Shields 4 or so in the first?

#1914551 - 05/21/13 10:58 PM Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros [Re: Phog4ever]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
Good god, if Shields gives up 1 and we score 2, I'm going to cry. Don't just get him a win--make him feel comfortable. Score a dozen. Get this offense kickstarted. I want a HR from Moose (if they refuse to send him down) and Hosmer tomorow.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1914660 - 05/22/13 09:47 AM Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros [Re: Phog4ever]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
I kind of feel bad for busting on Yost. But he still sucks...Good win...all singles ..lol. Wish we had one serious dependable power hitter. The Braves have found one hidden treasure with that Gattis dude. Hell that hulk looks like he could stare one out of the park. Braves are playing good ball again.

#1915000 - 05/23/13 08:11 AM Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros [Re: Phog4ever]
mtglite Offline
Dee-cent

In Shields 5 losses the Royals have given him 6 runs.

#1915011 - 05/23/13 08:49 AM Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros [Re: Phog4ever]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

If they lose the first series of the homestand will they can Yost. I hope so.

#1915098 - 05/23/13 12:26 PM Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros [Re: Phog4ever]
41and2since94 Offline
Prairie Warrior

As much as I bag on Yost, a significant portion of the blame lies on the overall organization. GMDM is about to begin his 8th year with the Royals. In their 8th year of existence, the Royals made the playoffs...starting from scratch. Granted, the economics of baseball were far different in the 70s, but Moore didn't start with a bare cabinet. Gordon, Butler and Greinke are Allard Baird selections. What bankable talent has Moore added to this organization since he arrived? Perez. Crow. Um.... uh.... Well, Cain seems to be good, but he came from cashing in the Greinke chip. Same goes for Esky.

I do believe Hos (and probably Moose) will eventually get it, but that's the problem: The Royals are still more about potential than results. Seven years in you should be getting results. And if Hos and Moose fail, the pipeline isn't exactly bursting with MLB talent.

The gaping holes in the lineups that Ned trots out there? Those holes are largely Moore's responsibility.

But let's not let Ned off the hook. If you listen to the fantastic interview 610 did with Kevin Seitzer Wednesday, you gain even more perspective into just how poor of a manager Yost is. Additionally, you can tell that Ned is the reason Seitzer was fired. I think Seitzer is/was a very good (perhaps great) hitting coach. I want him back and Ned gone.

Phog, I'd like to think you are right, but even with the media focusing on the sideshow of Ned's recent goofy comments (instead of questioning his in-game management), I think Yost has a much longer leash than that. Ned is one of Moore's old ATL buddies and GMDM will dismiss this recent slide as a young ballclub struggling to find their way. Short of a full-blown meltdown (say, 15 games under by the ASB), Ned's job in all likelihood is safe. And as Jessie stated, do we really want Dayton selecting another manager?

The very weird thing about this season is the most likely outcome (a marginal improvement in wins) is probably the one that hurts the Royals' chances of making the playoffs in the Hosmer window the most. Stay below 90 losses and Ned and GMDM will be back for 2014. Of course, I hope that the bats warm up significantly and that KC reaches 85 wins this year, on the way to a playoff appearance in '14. That just seems like a lower probability scenario than a win total in the 70s this season.

#1915172 - 05/23/13 02:18 PM Re: Series 15: Royals @ Astros [Re: Phog4ever]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Well all excuses aside like the young ballclub one. I just think the man should go, he is a coach that will never take the blame. When did this slide start not soon before or after he tinkered with the lineup change. I liked it at first...but losing 12 out of 15 has proven it does not work. Go back to what seemed to work. They claimed to have had great expectations after that good spring exhibition season. Change it before its too late. Hey what is Tony La Russa doing these days...didnt he get his pro baseball start in KC....Well yes he did with the As...Bring him back to KC baby.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview