Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1913742 - 05/20/13 04:25 PM How hot should the Yost seat be?
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Pretty obvious that the guy is playing favorites and it is biting him in the arse. At what point do you send down Moose and call up any warm body? Tejada and even Falu could play third and hit .190. Why only four outfielders? Oh, that's right, we carry extra relievers that we don't use. Lough should stay when Dyson is healed and a reliever should be sent down or released.

#1914068 - 05/21/13 09:10 AM Re: How hot should the Yost seat be? [Re: NotAPuke]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Lost to the lowly Astros last night...4 Ls in a row...10 losses in last 13. Almost time for the ax.

#1914243 - 05/21/13 12:58 PM Re: How hot should the Yost seat be? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Most predictions for the Royals have them as a .500 team. We are one game off the pace.
I don't like the guy, but the teams record at this time would not be the reason he is let go.

#1914300 - 05/21/13 02:28 PM Re: How hot should the Yost seat be? [Re: NotAPuke]
jayheel Offline
Under New Management

Loc: Spencer Basement
To me, everything depends on how he handles Moose. If he doesn't turn it around or is sent to Omaha for a month or so, it will be tough to rally behind Yost. I know the options are weak...but Moose's upside is to valuable to watch him waste away below .180 for too much longer. That should be on Yost, but you better believe Dayton has the main say in who's up or down from Omaha based on stretching out these young contracts.

It would be nice to leverage some of our pitching in a decent trade...but it just isn't time yet. We can hope for an early July upswell and finally breakout if Duffy comes back strong. Paulino will help too. 2B, 3B additions are sorely needed. I like Elliot Johnson a lot but Getz, Moose and Gio aren't the answers right now. Tejada can't last as an everyday player.

If we aren't 8 gms under by the break, we'll still have a shot and be in better position since 2003 to make at least make it an interesting August.

Let's ride Yost until September and see what happens.

#1914331 - 05/21/13 03:30 PM Re: How hot should the Yost seat be? [Re: NotAPuke]
jnewell Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Give me one thing Dayton Moore has done to deserve to hire another manager. A manager can only do so much. This team's problem is much higher than Yost.

#1914335 - 05/21/13 03:34 PM Re: How hot should the Yost seat be? [Re: NotAPuke]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
Yost has done some dumb things and has been pretty arrogant of late, but I'll take him 10/10 times over Trey Hillman and Buddy Bell.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1914576 - 05/22/13 07:59 AM Re: How hot should the Yost seat be? [Re: jnewell]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Originally Posted By: jnewell
Give me one thing Dayton Moore has done to deserve to hire <em>another</em> manager.

A manager can only do so much. This team's problem is much higher than Yost.

Like it or not, the organization is better than it was when he took over.

#1914593 - 05/22/13 08:49 AM Re: How hot should the Yost seat be? [Re: NotAPuke]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Who's out there on the coaching market that we might want to hire over Yost?

Former Royals manager Tony Pena who is the current assistant Yankee coach and former American League Manager of the Year Award might be an option.

#1914598 - 05/22/13 08:53 AM Re: How hot should the Yost seat be? [Re: jammahawk]
jnewell Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Give me seven years and I could improve it from 100 losses, too.

Originally Posted By: jammahawk

#1914601 - 05/22/13 08:58 AM Re: How hot should the Yost seat be? [Re: jnewell]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Originally Posted By: jnewell
Give me seven years and I could improve it from 100 losses, too.

Originally Posted By: jammahawk

Maybe you could, probably not. Look, if DM and Yost were canned today, the baseball decisions and their replacements would be made by Dave/Dan Glass. Do you really want that?

#1915122 - 05/23/13 01:18 PM Re: How hot should the Yost seat be? [Re: NotAPuke]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Call LaRussa.

#1915130 - 05/23/13 01:25 PM Re: How hot should the Yost seat be? [Re: NotAPuke]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

I wouldn't mind, but if you're going to fire Yost for being an a-hole, you would have hired an even bigger one. He does win games though.

#1915156 - 05/23/13 01:57 PM Re: How hot should the Yost seat be? [Re: NotAPuke]
mtglite Offline
Dee-cent

Yost's is problem isn't that he is an a-hole, its the fact he is a dumb a-hole.

#1915265 - 05/23/13 04:27 PM Re: How hot should the Yost seat be? [Re: NotAPuke]
jayheel Offline
Under New Management

Loc: Spencer Basement
I'm getting tired of these drag bunt strike outs. Getz can't even do that right. The only reason he's in there is Ned's outdated batting matchup philosophy. The latest Shields performance waste has taken a toll on my patience with Ned. We'll see this weekend vs the Angels and Cards. Both series are must win if there ever is one.

Still, can't fire Ned until September.

#1915273 - 05/23/13 04:50 PM Re: How hot should the Yost seat be? [Re: NotAPuke]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Originally Posted By: NotAPuke
Call LaRussa.

Yep...ahole or not if he wins games...bring him in...at least his track record is good unlike Unsteady Neddy...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview