Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1913449 - 05/19/13 11:54 PM Starling
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Loc: KC, MO
Was back in town last week to get LASIK. Would be awesome if that's all his problem was, but highly doubtful. A coach of a high school opponent's team said Bubba has tremendous power but can't really hit. Obviously worrisome and terrible luck for the organization if it doesn't work out considering they wanted one of the two high school pitchers.

Better odds: Bubba as an all-star outfielder or a QB at KU?

#1913451 - 05/20/13 12:01 AM Re: Starling [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
I'll take the outfielder option. He isn't coming to KU.

I think he goes to NU, if anything. I'd take QB at NU over all-star outfielder.

Not looking great for Bubba right now.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1913453 - 05/20/13 12:06 AM Re: Starling [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Big KU fan from a family of KU fans. A lot more stability here in a few years with Weis and his NFL pedigree as well as the proximity to his family, I wouldn't count us out. Of course, Bubba also seems the type that would honor his original commitment provided that Pelini is still at UNL in a few years.

#1913466 - 05/20/13 07:56 AM Re: Starling [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
I'd say it is extremely rare that a player goes back to the school he originally commited to 5 years previously. NU is doesn't need 25 year old freshman QB's, they do pretty well getting tyhe 18 year olds.
I think the high school coach you refering to was Mike Boddicker. Boddicker tends to dwell on the negetive. The one time I heard him rave about a Royal propect was local Jason Adam. Adam is not doing well.
Starling all along was thought to be a 5 year project, he never concentrated on baseball alone. I'd be concerned about the lack of competition he played against if it weren't for the fact that he played on US all star teams and did well.

#1913470 - 05/20/13 08:09 AM Re: Starling [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
The screaming match he got into with Pellini before he left could hurt his chances of returning...of course, I doubt Bo is back after this season.

#1913737 - 05/20/13 04:20 PM Re: Starling [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Bubba couldn't hit HS pitching and can't hit LOW A Ball. Make him a pitcher or cut bait.

#1913777 - 05/20/13 04:43 PM Re: Starling [Re: jammahawk]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Originally Posted By: jammahawk
Starling all along was thought to be a 5 year project, he never concentrated on baseball alone. I'd be concerned about the lack of competition he played against if it weren't for the fact that he played on US all star teams and did well.

The kid likely has a future in the NFL. Would be awfully easy and tempting for him to cut and run at any time if he doesn't start hitting.

I'd much rather him work out with the Royals than play QB anywhere, let alone here. But I think doubt is starting to creep into the organization.

#1913819 - 05/20/13 05:13 PM Re: Starling [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
I wonder if the LASIK he's getting this week will help. Would be awesome if it all came together after that. But that's wishful thinking.

It helped Hosmer when he was in the minors.

In any case, fans need to be more patient. This kid has always been seen as very raw, with the POTENTIAL to be a big time MLB player. If he doesn't work out, it shouldn't be a shocker.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1914065 - 05/21/13 08:51 AM Re: Starling [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
2 for 4, RBI single and a double last night.

Preview