Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1909748 - 05/13/13 04:27 PM The batting lineup
tyler Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Lawrence
A lot of talk has gone into how the Royals should arrange their (currently borderline atrocious) offense. After doing a little research and trying to pick apart the problems with the arrangement I've come to a lineup that I would like to see run out there.

Cain
Hosmer
Gordon
Butler
Perez
Moustakas
Francoeur
Johnson/Getz/Tejada
Escobar

#1909834 - 05/13/13 06:38 PM Re: The batting lineup [Re: tyler]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
As long as the 2 supposed young hot shots aint getting it done, it wont matter what you do with that lineup. I had a little faith but I dont see them getting out of May above .500 ball. I hope I am wrong but outside of the Angels, and maybe one other series the rest of the month is pretty tough. 4 with the As...ending the month with 5 straight against the Cardinals...Not good unless those 2 fools get a hitting.

#1909850 - 05/13/13 07:31 PM Re: The batting lineup [Re: tyler]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Lets face it. With who the Royals have this year, in their development or not, the KC's offense just doesn't have enough gas to compete.

The Royals have to change modes from sellers to competitive teams to actual buyers!

Dayton has to find a way to acquire some of these players that will be available:

Chase Headley
, Brian McCann, Michael Morse,Shin-Soo Choo,
Hunter Pence, Nelson Cruz, David Murphy, Chase Utley, Jacoby Ellsbury, Justin Morneau, Jhonny Peralta, and Corey Hart.

The Royals need to obtain these with a trade and sign as they are in their walk years and anything given up needs to be a Royal for 3-4 years minimum.

I like moving Moos and long shot minor league player for a Chase Headley and giving up decent but not top of the line pitching prospects for Jacoby Ellsbury or Corey Hart for our outfield hole.

I haven't given up on Eric Hosmer and think he can break out like Gordan did but see Mike Moustakas as someone who hits around .250 with 150K's and only 20 HR's.

#1909857 - 05/13/13 08:04 PM Re: The batting lineup [Re: tyler]
tyler Offline
Prairie Warrior

The point of the matter is that in the current lineup we are starting the game/giving the most ab's to the guys with the worst OBP's. Not good strategy.

Take tonight for example. We are leading off with Jarrod Dyson. The dude hasn't taken a single walk all season. His AVG = his OBP (.255.) Escobar is batting second. He has an OBP of .289. So looking at the two first hitters in the game tonight, there is a 53% chance that Gordon (batting 3rd) will be hitting in the Top of the 1st with nobody on and 2 outs. Yet, our best on-base guy (Cain) is hitting 6th.

An average MLB game, the leadoff guy comes to the plate 4.83 times while the 6th hitter bats 4.26 times. So we are essentially Dyson an extra .5 AB's/game every time we use this lineup.

#1909873 - 05/13/13 08:28 PM Re: The batting lineup [Re: tyler]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
It's a bit unfair to make any sort of judgment on Dyson at this point. He's hitting .258. But he's also slugging .548. And he has only had 30 ABs this year. I'm still hoping he gets some more time over Frenchy.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1909891 - 05/13/13 09:12 PM Re: The batting lineup [Re: tyler]
tyler Offline
Prairie Warrior

Well looky there, Gordon hits a 2 out single.

#1910096 - 05/14/13 09:21 AM Re: The batting lineup [Re: tyler]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Originally Posted By: tyler
The point of the matter is that in the current lineup we are starting the game/giving the most ab's to the guys with the worst OBP's. Not good strategy.

Take tonight for example. We are leading off with Jarrod Dyson. The dude hasn't taken a single walk all season. His AVG = his OBP (.255.) Escobar is batting second. He has an OBP of .289. So looking at the two first hitters in the game tonight, there is a 53% chance that Gordon (batting 3rd) will be hitting in the Top of the 1st with nobody on and 2 outs. Yet, our best on-base guy (Cain) is hitting 6th.

An average MLB game, the leadoff guy comes to the plate 4.83 times while the 6th hitter bats 4.26 times. So we are essentially Dyson an extra .5 AB's/game every time we use this lineup.

+1

Preview