Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1909209 - 05/12/13 10:51 AM Re: Series 12: vs The Phucking Yankees [Re: gquinn225]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
I am going to be utterly depressed this baseball season as Shields' teammates continue to let the man down every single game.

Reoccurring theme as always. Pitched a beautiful game and never get a \_/\_/ for recognition or game result.

#1909233 - 05/12/13 12:26 PM Re: Series 12: vs The Phucking Yankees [Re: gquinn225]
gquinn225 Offline
Prolly Thinks U Dumb

Loc: Mile High City
I hope we don't get swept. Even if we do, I'll start threads in the future.

Piss off fish wink

41....I like some of your points, but I'm curious if you ever see a completely good side to anything Royals?

I ask this bc in the last week or so I've read about how our hitting sux from you, and how it will kill us, and also how our pitching has blown games.

And your disdain for Yost is extra apparent. I like your positions, and how you support them, just curious to your day-to-day outlook on things.

I, for example, believe that most of the rain outs are behind us, and the sun will shine on the Royals more than not. Probably due to my yearning to have my fave team not super suck forever, but it's optimism none the less.

#1909255 - 05/12/13 01:48 PM Re: Series 12: vs The Phucking Yankees [Re: gquinn225]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Well this week has sucked.

#1909297 - 05/12/13 06:39 PM Re: Series 12: vs The Phucking Yankees [Re: gquinn225]
IHeartKU Offline
boobs...

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Yeah no kidding. Royals not playing well. Think they are tired of playing for Yost?

#1909300 - 05/12/13 06:43 PM Re: Series 12: vs The Phucking Yankees [Re: gquinn225]
jayhawks14 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

What are you guys talking about??
The last 2 weeks have been a complete joy

#1909379 - 05/12/13 11:10 PM Re: Series 12: vs The Phucking Yankees [Re: gquinn225]
41and2since94 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Antarctica
gquinn,

Yeah, I'm more likely to post when I'm PO'd with the Royals than when I'm pleased. I dunno, maybe it's mildly cathartic. I do have positive Royals posts, just not as many. Of course, they've not given many reasons for positive posts this past week.

I've probably posted more this season than all of last combined because it is evident that they are closer to being a playoff-level team than they have been in decades. I think I got drawn in by the 17-10 start and started to believe this was the year (even though I knew better). Their margin for error is just too small. And Yost probably fills that margin all on his own. It's just agonizing to watch his gaffes routinely cost the team ballgames. I really do believe that with a better baseball mind calling the shots that KC would have a legitimate (albeit small) chance of winning the division this season.

They're still only 1.5 games out, but it feels like a lot more than that. I guess that's because I don't think the holes can easily be patched. I view those as follows:

1. Yost is going to continue to make moves that don't put the players in the best possible position to succeed.

2. RF. I've said enough about Frenchy. I do like seeing the positive results we're seeing by Dyson getting some of his ABs, but the 3rd outfielder spot is still a problem. Could David Lough be the answer? His Omaha numbers are pretty shiny right now (.347/.403/.896), but he feels like one of those "AAAA" ballplayers to me. Nevertheless, I wouldn't be opposed to cutting Francouer and letting Dyson and Lough battle for the 3rd spot.

3. 2B. I like that Elliott Johnson is getting some of Getz's ABs. Johnson is probably one of those "jury is still out" guys, although at 29 he's likely a temporary solution at best. My hopes for Gio ever "getting it" aren't high. Honestly, the 2B problem is probably harder to solve than RF. Perhaps Colon may eventually become the answer, but 2014 may be optimistic for him.

4. 4th and 5th starters. Ugh. What a mess. I really thought Mendoza would pick up where he left off in 2012. He's had his moments, but, whoa, there have been some real land mines around those gems. And Davis? I dunno. The scouts like him, but I'm ready to see some of that potential start to blossom. I doubt Duffy and Paulino make much of a contribution this season, although I'm still hopeful.

The great thing about all of this? When was the last time the "problem list" was this short? The Damon-Dye-Beltran days maybe? Probably not. Best team around here in a long, long time. And, for me, that makes the waiting that much harder.

Billy will warm up. And I think Moose will too. But the list above I believe keeps KC around 78 wins this season (my original prediction). I remain intensely hopeful (too much so for my own good probably) that I've underestimated this team.

And I said to myself I'd keep this short!

#1909385 - 05/12/13 11:25 PM Re: Series 12: vs The Phucking Yankees [Re: gquinn225]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
Royals will get off their cold streak against LAA. They have been awful this year.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1909427 - 05/13/13 09:07 AM Re: Series 12: vs The Phucking Yankees [Re: gquinn225]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Moose and Hoz aren't looking like promising Big League players are are on the bust side playing with another team after their contract is over.

I think the Royals were force to move them too quickly through the minors has there was nothing better at the major league level.

Not everyone can prosper like Damon and Beltran, who became All-Stars, and some player like Gordan take a couple more seasons before dividends are awarded.

#1909428 - 05/13/13 09:12 AM Re: Series 12: vs The Phucking Yankees [Re: gquinn225]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I don't think the issue with these two guys is the fact they were rushed through the system.

The problem I'm seeing is that they are both not adjusting well at all to how pitchers throw to them now.

It's relatively easy to start your career hot, but it takes a great player to adjust to when the pitchers start figuring out your weaknesses as a hitter.

And so far, Moose and Hosmer have yet to figure out that part of the game.

And that worries me.

A lot.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview