Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1904252 - 04/30/13 10:14 PM Re: Series 9: TB @ KC [Re: JFish26]
mtglite Offline
Dee-cent

Haven't seen the team as a whole that fired up in a long time.
Moose dropped about 20 f bombs tonight he was so jacked.

#1904256 - 04/30/13 10:18 PM Re: Series 9: TB @ KC [Re: gquinn225]
41and2since94 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Antarctica
Originally Posted By: gquinn225
Dear KUsports posters to Royals threads:

Please don't react to baseball ABs, innings, games, or even series in the same manner you dissect KU bball games.

Thanx

Wasn't going to post until I saw this.

Great game, Royals! Shields hanging tough after a rough 1st inning. Great to see Moose wake up, even if it is only one game.

I'm seeing Mendoza listed as the starting pitcher for Wednesday. Am assuming that's an error. Anyone know the story? I missed most of the game tonight.

#1904257 - 04/30/13 10:20 PM Re: Series 9: TB @ KC [Re: 41and2since94]
gquinn225 Offline
Prolly Thinks U Dumb

Loc: Mile High City
Originally Posted By: 41and2since94
Originally Posted By: gquinn225
Dear KUsports posters to Royals threads:

Please don't react to baseball ABs, innings, games, or even series in the same manner you dissect KU bball games.

Thanx

Wasn't going to post until I saw this.

Great game, Royals! Shields hanging tough after a rough 1st inning. Great to see Moose wake up, even if it is only one game.

I'm seeing Mendoza listed as the starting pitcher for Wednesday. Am assuming that's an error. Anyone know the story? I missed most of the game tonight.

does that mean you agree or disagree with my sentiment?

#1904271 - 04/30/13 10:55 PM Re: Series 9: TB @ KC [Re: gquinn225]
41and2since94 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Antarctica
Actually, I don't understand it. If the intent is that the baseball season is a marathon and not a sprint, I get it, but a season is a huge collection of subtleties. I think baseball is the greatest game to dissect because of the strategy, the minutiae that often end up as the difference between a win and a loss, the fact that one hit in 20 ABs is the difference between an average hitter and an all-star, etc.

Or, if you believe we shouldn't be discussing a professional team in Kansas City on a KU message board, I can see that, but there's clearly a precedent on the basketball, football and baseball boards.

So, I think I disagree with you (rather strongly), but I'm not exactly sure on what grounds. There are some pretty sharp baseball folks on here and I enjoy reading their thoughts about the games. Feel like we've waited a ridiculously long time to have a competitive team in this market. Even though I don't anticipate KC winning their division, it's fun to finally think that it is within the realm of possibilities. I hope the knowledgeable baseball folks on here continue to discuss the Royals on a game-by-game basis.

#1904275 - 04/30/13 11:01 PM Re: Series 9: TB @ KC [Re: 41and2since94]
gquinn225 Offline
Prolly Thinks U Dumb

Originally Posted By: 41and2since94
Actually, I don't understand it. If the intent is that the baseball season is a marathon and not a sprint, I get it, but a season is a huge collection of subtleties. I think baseball is the greatest game to dissect because of the strategy, the minutiae that often end up as the difference between a win and a loss, the fact that one hit in 20 ABs is the difference between an average hitter and an all-star, etc.

Or, if you believe we shouldn't be discussing a professional team in Kansas City on a KU message board, I can see that, but there's clearly a precedent on the basketball, football and baseball boards.

So, I think I disagree with you (rather strongly), but I'm not exactly sure on what grounds. There are some pretty sharp baseball folks on here and I enjoy reading their thoughts about the games. Feel like we've waited a ridiculously long time to have a competitive team in this market. Even though I don't anticipate KC winning their division, it's fun to finally think that it is within the realm of possibilities. I hope the knowledgeable baseball folks on here continue to discuss the Royals on a game-by-game basis.

Nah, you agree with me.

Let's keep the discussion intelligent, and not knee-jerk was my main point.

Agree on astuteness of many posters here. It's fine to discuss Royals, or whatever people want here (it's a forum, after all, I think that's the point).

I do disagree that the Royals won't win division. Call it desperate optimism or whatnot, but I just like the feel of the team this year.

#1904276 - 04/30/13 11:04 PM Re: Series 9: TB @ KC [Re: JFish26]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I wish you were around last season (maybe you were, I don't rememeber) when WaHawk was preaching all season long that Hosmer was having a good season, and that Moustakas sucked.

It was a fun year-long, and seemingly every day argument.

#1904278 - 04/30/13 11:09 PM Re: Series 9: TB @ KC [Re: christgs80]
gquinn225 Offline
Prolly Thinks U Dumb

Originally Posted By: christgs80
I wish you were around last season (maybe you were, I don't rememeber) when WaHawk was preaching all season long that Hosmer was having a good season, and that Moustakas sucked.

It was a fun year-long, and seemingly every day argument.

I was lurking....i'm not a fair weather fan, but I don't like talking about how bad my team is with other fans of my team. I don't get involved in KU football for that reason.

If it were the case where most of the people were reasonable in the bad times, it would be another thing, and would be fun to prognosticate. Arguing round and round with dolts, though, isn't my thing.

I'll make fun a little, but in the long-term, no thanks.

So, this year, I think this forum will be more interesting from a factual standpoint, and more fun in an applicable way based on the play on the field.

#1904285 - 04/30/13 11:53 PM Re: Series 9: TB @ KC [Re: JFish26]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
Moustakas was insane tonight. He lost his mind in the dugout after that homerun. This team won't win the division as they are right now. But if the great starting pitching continues and Moose, Hosmer, Butler, and Perez all start hitting to some extent, the Tigers need to watch out. So far the offense has been a patchwork.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1904299 - 05/01/13 07:18 AM Re: Series 9: TB @ KC [Re: JFish26]
B_of_H Offline
is in your head....

Loc: the urban core
took the 4 month old to the game last night. She seemed to have a good time until she passed out and Moose hit that homer. the noise woke her up and it was too loud after that for her. We had to leave. frown

#1904316 - 05/01/13 08:35 AM Re: Series 9: TB @ KC [Re: B_of_H]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: B_of_H
took the 4 month old to the game last night. She seemed to have a good time until she passed out and Moose hit that homer. the noise woke her up and it was too loud after that for her. We had to leave. frown

Last year took my 10 month old to a game against the Rangers that was very close and the stadium was loud. We also had to leave because of the noise and heat because we went on a June night.

But this is why Shields was traded for. He had a bad 1st inning, but then retired 20 of the next 22 or something like that. Pitched very well, and that 6th inning was huge, but the fact they added more runs in 7th and 8th was big to push that lead to 6 and let the bullpen cruise for another W.

This will be a telling stretch of the season. TB, ChiSox, @Balt, NYY, @LAA and @OAK.

#1904331 - 05/01/13 09:03 AM Re: Series 9: TB @ KC [Re: JFish26]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Thought the crowd was really disappointing. 12,000+ for your ace on the mound against a (now) perennial contender, and it's sunny and 80 to boot? Poor form.

#1904337 - 05/01/13 09:20 AM Re: Series 9: TB @ KC [Re: JFish26]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Mid week game with school still in session and finals around the corner for the poor college kids saving their money for cheap beer on the weekend could be an explanation for lack of butts in the seats.

Great to see Shields get runs support against his former team that thought he was washed up.

Shields has now posted a quality start in five of his six outings.

#1904340 - 05/01/13 09:26 AM Re: Series 9: TB @ KC [Re: JFish26]
pwhittemore Offline
Satellite Coords Mod

Loc: NYC
Originally Posted By: JFish26
Thought the crowd was really disappointing. 12,000+ for your ace on the mound against a (now) perennial contender, and it's sunny and 80 to boot? Poor form.

That is disappointing.

#1904344 - 05/01/13 09:30 AM Re: Series 9: TB @ KC [Re: pwhittemore]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Originally Posted By: pwhittemore
Originally Posted By: JFish26

That is disappointing.

I think there's also some healthy skepticism. I do believe, though, that if this team is still flirting with the division lead come June, you'll see crowds regularly in excess of 30,000.

#1904347 - 05/01/13 09:34 AM Re: Series 9: TB @ KC [Re: JFish26]
pwhittemore Offline
Satellite Coords Mod

Loc: NYC
Please happen. I want to catch a late summer game where something is still on the line and the park is packed.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Preview