Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1897400 - 04/16/13 09:27 AM Women's Draft Prognosticators
DiggityDope Offline
Hangin' Brain

Loc: ICT
So I won't even pretend like I know anything about KU women's basketball. "Don' get mad, I'm only bein' real"

Yesterday, out of curiosity, I clicked on an espn.com link about the women's draft. (And by "out of curiosity," I mean " Elena Delle Donne, soooooo hot.... ")

Anyway, I clicked on the Mock Draft by espn's "experts," just to see if I recognized anyone. I didn't, but I saw there was someone from KU, Carolyn Davis, that 3 of the 4 experts had going in the first round. I thought, "that's funny, the only KU women's player I know anything thing about is that Angel Goodrich point guard that Keegan has such a (metaphorical) hard on for, and she's not on here." Anyway, the 3 who had the KU player on there had her going at 7th, 10th, or 11th. So that was that, and I just kind of filed that away...

...jump to this morning. I see the LJW headline about Angel going in the 3rd round. I think, "huh, that's cool, what about our first rounder who I just found out about but am now completely excited about?" So I go back to that mock draft page so I can remember her name again, then pull up the actual draft order on the wnba site. And.....she went undrafted. Huh?

I'd usually drop it now, but there was just too much cognitive dissonance happening. Did espn.com have the name wrong? The school wrong? How could they be so far off?

So I come back to LJW to look at the roster. Guess the LJW didn't think the roster was important enough to put on their site. So I go looking for her name in the box score of the last game of the season. Nope, no box score for that game, either. So I search her name in the game story for the last game, and finally found a tidbit: she recently tore her ACL. And she's a junior. Okay, starting to all make sense now. I can let this go.

But still: that espn.com mock draft was done on April 13th. Three of the so-called "experts" had Davis going in the first round, and she went unselected. There would be more than a minor upheaval if this happened in the men's draft. WTF?

-- Bruce Weber, to his players, about the regular season conference title, just before losing to KU for the third time

#1897421 - 04/16/13 09:42 AM Re: Women's Draft Prognosticators [Re: DiggityDope]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
funny read about the state of wbb here, methinks. surprisingly, k-state had the higher draft choice, brittany chambers - she went in the second round.

#1897484 - 04/16/13 11:12 AM Re: Women's Draft Prognosticators [Re: tmcats]
DiggityDope Offline
Hangin' Brain

Originally Posted By: tmcats
funny read about the state of wbb here, methinks.

It's called "laughing at oneself"

Still waiting to hear you discuss -- shoot, acknowledge -- the state of the mbb there, post-LaSalle

The kitty doth repress too much, methinks

Quick refresher: First NCAA tourney game...Sprint Center...Southwest Philly Floater...loss...sad face...

.......anything?

-- Bruce Weber, to his players, about the regular season conference title, just before losing to KU for the third time

#1897498 - 04/16/13 11:29 AM Re: Women's Draft Prognosticators [Re: DiggityDope]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
played bad. end of story. conference championship, however, made this a rousingly successful year for da cats. amazing end of 36 year streak for k-state. who would have ever thunk it when frank left for usc?

#1897523 - 04/16/13 12:31 PM Re: Women's Draft Prognosticators [Re: tmcats]
DiggityDope Offline
Hangin' Brain

Originally Posted By: tmcats
played bad. end of story.

Yeeeeeeeaaaah........it's not.

13 beats a 4 in their backyard, it's not "played bad. end of story." Shit ain't like that.

This really belongs in the MBB forum.

Preview