Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#18964 - 01/04/07 10:22 AM Huard or Green?
1985hawk Offline
Moderator-Retired

Loc: Back here
I think Huard gives the Chiefs the best chance to win. Why do the Chiefs always have a quarterback controversy?

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Trent Green's sore ankle limited him in practice Wednesday and there are signs Kansas City coach Herm Edwards may have his struggling quarterback on a short leash.

Green, who committed three turnovers and got booed in Sunday's playoff-clinching victory over Jacksonville, is still slated to start Saturday at Indianapolis. But waiting in the wings is fan favorite Damon Huard, who was an impressive 5-3 in eight starts while Green recuperated from a severe concussion sustained in the season opener.

"I anticipate (Green) starting," Edwards said Wednesday. "But we'll see how far he comes along tomorrow."

Since returning against Oakland on Nov. 19, Green hasn't looked as sharp as the quarterback who passed for more yards (16,334) from 2001-05 than anyone in the NFL but the Colts' Peyton Manning.

He has thrown seven touchdown passes with nine interceptions, and has been sacked 24 times. His poor quarterback rating of 74.1 is dwarfed by the 98.0 of Huard, who threw 11 TDs and only one interception while subbing for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Green came out of the Jacksonville game briefly with an ankle injury and watched Huard march the offense downfield to a quick touchdown, setting up the score with a beautifully thrown 40-yard gainer to Eddie Kennison.

Edwards said Green did not do any team work on Wednesday.

"It's sore, I know that," he said of Green's ankle. "We'll see tomorrow."

A quarterback controversy has simmered for two months, with a growing number of fans climbing on board the Huard bandwagon. Edwards seemed to encourage that faction on Tuesday when he admitted he would be more inclined to replace a struggling player in the playoffs than he would in the regular season.

"You have to win the game," Edwards said. "There's no tomorrow. And you have to do whatever is best for the football team at that point. I'll do whatever I have to do. When you're in the playoffs, you're desperate."

Green said Wednesday he's not looking over his shoulder.

"I'm more worried about the Colts' defense and trying to get as healthy as I can for this game," he said. "I've taken some shots the last few weeks and am trying to get as healthy as I can and worry about the Colts' defense. Whatever everybody else is saying or whatever decisions are being made, the Colts are my main focus."

Told that he would be giving hope to the anti-Green clamor, Edwards became defensive.

"People will think whatever they want to think," he said. "At the end of the day, I make the decisions. I made a decision to start Trent when he was ready to play. He's our starting quarterback. He's our starting quarterback going into the playoffs, and I anticipate he's going to play good."

Huard said he's not expecting to play against the Colts.

"I'm just going to prepare the same as I always prepare every week," he said. "You've always got to be ready to play on a second's notice. You never know, just like last Sunday. I had to go in there when Trent got nicked up. So you're always ready to play."

Green had started 81 straight games before taking a brutal hit from Cincinnati's Robert Geathers on Sept. 10. He was taken unconscious to a hospital and spent 10 weeks recovering from a severe concussion.

He said he was unaware of Edwards' comments.

"I'm just going to prepare the best I can, play as best I can," he said.

"Everything else is out of my hands. I just have to do as good a job as I can do and not get caught up in that. I anticipate going out and having success and the offense playing well and me playing well. That's all I can do, I can't worry about any of the other stuff."

#18965 - 01/04/07 11:58 AM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: 1985hawk]
crooner Offline
Baby Jay

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUARD!

#18966 - 01/04/07 12:52 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: crooner]
holidaysmore Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Denver, Colorado
I have been in Green's corner since he came back but after watching the Jax game I think it is time that we play Huard. Green just doesnt look right in the pocket and he doesnt look comfortable at all right now. When you miss over half the season and expect to step in and pick up right where you left off from last season it just wont happen. I believe that Huard gives us the best chance for a very winnable game in Indy.

#18967 - 01/04/07 01:08 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: holidaysmore]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Green starts if healthy. Damon Huard is 33. It's not like he's a hot-shot young prospect finally getting his due. Huard has done well this year ... against some very, very bad teams. But I do admit he probably saved the Chiefs season.

If Green is OK, he starts.

#18968 - 01/04/07 01:37 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: jaihaux]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Were you watching the Jacksonville game? Huard gives us the best chance to win. Simple.

#18969 - 01/04/07 01:52 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
crooner Offline
Baby Jay

Jaihaux, what is your definition of OK? By my count, he hasn't been oK all season.

His instincts undr pressure are fit for a younger man, which is why it's only going to get worse.

And as far as the "Start Green, then Bench Him if He Sucks" theory, I think it does both QB's a great disservice. Green has laid it on the line for us, so why do people want to potentially give him the quick hook in his last game? Still holding out hope that he'll have a throwback, 3-TD, 0-TO afternoon? I'd love it, but I don't see it.

IF Huard is the QB we all as fans feel gives us the best shot at winning, there's nothing that should stop him from starting. Not Green's seniority, not the #2 scarlet letter (ok, number) by his name in the depth chart, not impending free agency, NOTHING. We're talking about win or die; I don't want to see us half-step in the biggest game of the season.

#18970 - 01/04/07 01:56 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: 1985hawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
[
Green he has thrown seven touchdown passes with nine interceptions, and has been sacked 24 times. His poor quarterback rating of 74.1 is dwarfed by the 98.0 of Huard, who threw 11 TDs and only one interception while subbing for him.

Yes that right there says it all, but unfortunately Herm has a bit of Marty disease, ( Remember when Cannon won all those games when Grbac was out only to be replaced by Elvis in the first game of the playoffs and promptly lose), so Herm will stick with Green unless he just cant recover from the ankle oowie.

#18971 - 01/04/07 02:00 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
crooner Offline
Baby Jay

If it was any position other than QB, would this even be a question?

I know he's the focal point of the offense, but let's take off the rose-colored glasses. Green is wearing down, and if we ride him 'til the wheels fall off, we may end up stranded in Indianapolis.

#18972 - 01/04/07 02:01 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Loc: 41 N 87 W
Funny thing is before the year started I would have laughed at you guys. I would have much rather have the Grossman or Griese problem. Now in Chicago it is almost - bring back Orton. Who is the third stringer in K.C. Croyle or Printers?

#18973 - 01/04/07 02:01 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: crooner]
trojanhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: LA, CA
I'm no Chiefs fan, but from what I've seen, I say go with Green. He may be uneasy under pressure, but he's the best QB on your team. I caught a bit of the Chiefs-Steelers game - all a team has to do is stack the box to stop Larry J and drop in a zone to stop Huard. Green has a decent history of picking apart secondaries.

Go with Trent.

#18974 - 01/04/07 02:02 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: trojanhawk]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

With all due respect, you haven't watched the Chiefs this season if you think Green has been better than Huard. It hasn't been close.

#18975 - 01/04/07 02:03 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: kuking123]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Croyle.

Apparently Herm is pretty high on him, too. Peterson and Co. are undecided about resigning Huard.

#18976 - 01/04/07 02:06 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Huard to Chicago? That would be a scary team.

#18977 - 01/04/07 02:08 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Loc: 41 N 87 W
Croyle kid has balls. I am not sure about his arm or a brain. At least his family is first class in my book. He could always go work at the Big Oak Ranch.

Edited by kuking123 (01/04/07 02:10 PM)

#18978 - 01/04/07 02:08 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
trojanhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: LA, CA
I haven't watched them much this season. I just watched Huard throw horrible passes against a team I love to see lose (Pitt). I saw bits of other games.

Huard is efficient (not many INT and a decent comp%), but against mostly poor teams. When the Chiefs get down early to the Colts, do you think Huard can pass them out of trouble?

#18979 - 01/04/07 02:11 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: trojanhawk]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Huard looked amazing in the limited action he got against Jacksonville, too.

The Colts defense is no good. It would not suprise me if Green threw a few TD's against them.

I have no doubt Huard could bring us from behind against the Colts. Which he shouldn't have to do, unless Trent holds the ball in the pocket for seven seconds like he's been doing this season.

Edited by hasbeen (01/04/07 02:12 PM)

#18980 - 01/04/07 02:18 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: 1985hawk]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Bohemia
Huard. Green has lost "it".

#18981 - 01/04/07 02:38 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: trojanhawk]
Ike Offline
Tigger Hater

Loc: Indiana
Green

#18982 - 01/04/07 02:39 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: parkhawk3319]
Ike Offline
Tigger Hater

Quote:

Green is AWESOME

#18983 - 01/04/07 03:08 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: Ike]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Bohemia
Quote:

Quote:

Green is AWESOME

In what year were you cryogenically frozen, 2003 or 2004?

#18984 - 01/04/07 04:59 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: parkhawk3319]
MOHAWK Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
Think Len might step out of the booth and show the kids how it is done?

#18985 - 01/04/07 07:35 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: MOHAWK]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I love the Chiefs fans who booed Green on Sunday.

Let's see ... man is going to go down as the best QB in Kansas City history after Len Dawson (Montana's two seasons, while great, cannot count). He's done nothing but good things within the city. Model citizen. Great leader. Great teammate. Engineered the best offense of the decade. And yet, people boo him?

Huard, while again I appreciate what he's done, beat Seattle, San Fran, Arizona and St. Louis. Four teams from the NFL's worst division. He also nearly cost us against San Diego with a costly fumble, but thanks to an opportunistic defense that forced two quick turnovers and clutch kicking by Lawrence Tynes, the Chiefs were able to win. Funny, nobody talks about Huard's performance against non-playoff teams like Pittsburgh and Miami, who both totally made Huard look bad.

Yet, Green plays bad against Baltimore and San Diego and at times against Jacksonville (three of the NFL's top defenses), and everybody is ready to toss him aside. Newsflash: Kansas City would not have beaten Baltimore with Huard.

And don't give me the crap "Look what he did against Jacksonville!" Look what Michael Bennett did against Denver - two runs for what, 60 yards? Not bad. Huard had one drive, which included two nice passes, one of which was helped by the catch of the year by Kennison. Yet, when the Chiefs got to the red zone, the drive stalled. The Chiefs scored on THIRD AND 10, and ran the ball in with Larry Johnson. The Chiefs were playing for a field goal, and got a gift from Larry Johnson.

#18986 - 01/04/07 08:20 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: jaihaux]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

The drive stalled, but we scored a touchdown. Nice logic.

#18987 - 01/04/07 09:26 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

The drive stalled, but we scored a touchdown. Nice logic.

First two downs, zilch. Herm was settling for a field goal. LJ busted loose, but Huard gets all the credit for "leading the Chiefs on a touchdown drive." Great logic. I guess Green gets no credit for his beautiful flea-flicker TD pass.

The drive was dead. It was all Larry Johnson on the touchdown.

Let me guess, you were booing Trent Green too. That worthless bum ...

#18988 - 01/05/07 12:06 AM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: jaihaux]
jayhawkdon Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Montana
I say start whoever gives the least chance of winning.

#18989 - 01/05/07 02:15 AM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: jaihaux]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

I would never boo Trent Green. You're confusing my frustration with his play this season to his overall body of work. I just want to win. At this point, Huard gives us a better chance. Marty was loyal and we know what that won us. I'm OK with Peterson letting Huard go and starting Trent next year. However, THIS season, Huard is the man.

#18990 - 01/05/07 07:44 AM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
jayhawk33 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Overland Park
I don't think it really matters who they start.....KC 3-5 on the road vs Indy 8-0 at home. Add Peyton and Marvin Harrison and I really don't think it makes much difference. Although LJ will probablly run for 12 million yards.

#18991 - 01/05/07 10:14 AM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: trojanhawk]
HawkInDaHaus89 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Colorado
Huard

#18992 - 01/05/07 10:16 AM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: HawkInDaHaus89]
HawkInDaHaus89 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Colorado
Edwards will start Green but if KC stumbles with Green, ie 2 INT's or lots of missed throws, Edwards should put Huard in before the second half.

#18993 - 01/05/07 10:19 AM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: HawkInDaHaus89]
KUColBond Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Westminster, CO
For discussion: Is Croyle capable of being the future quarterback at KC? Do they plan on him or try to draft the best QB they can reasonably get?

#18994 - 01/05/07 10:33 AM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: KUColBond]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

For discussion: Is Croyle capable of being the future quarterback at KC? Do they plan on him or try to draft the best QB they can reasonably get?

Yes. I think next year you see Croyle as the backup, and by 2008, it could be a Bledsoe/Romo thing where Croyle becomes the starter midway through the season.

#18995 - 01/05/07 11:44 AM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: jaihaux]
yomang Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Quote:

I love the Chiefs fans who booed Green on Sunday.

Let's see ... man is going to go down as the best QB in Kansas City history after Len Dawson (Montana's two seasons, while great, cannot count). He's done nothing but good things within the city. Model citizen. Great leader. Great teammate. Engineered the best offense of the decade. And yet, people boo him?

Huard, while again I appreciate what he's done, beat Seattle, San Fran, Arizona and St. Louis. Four teams from the NFL's worst division. He also nearly cost us against San Diego with a costly fumble, but thanks to an opportunistic defense that forced two quick turnovers and clutch kicking by Lawrence Tynes, the Chiefs were able to win. Funny, nobody talks about Huard's performance against non-playoff teams like Pittsburgh and Miami, who both totally made Huard look bad.

Yet, Green plays bad against Baltimore and San Diego and at times against Jacksonville (three of the NFL's top defenses), and everybody is ready to toss him aside. Newsflash: Kansas City would not have beaten Baltimore with Huard.

And don't give me the crap "Look what he did against Jacksonville!" Look what Michael Bennett did against Denver - two runs for what, 60 yards? Not bad. Huard had one drive, which included two nice passes, one of which was helped by the catch of the year by Kennison. Yet, when the Chiefs got to the red zone, the drive stalled. The Chiefs scored on THIRD AND 10, and ran the ball in with Larry Johnson. The Chiefs were playing for a field goal, and got a gift from Larry Johnson.

Excellent post.

Don't forget Green's pass against Baltimore saving the season for the Chiefs. Getting late in the fourth quarter with KC 3rd and 14. Green hits a receiver on a crossing pattern perfectly in stride for 16 yards. The pass had just enough touch on it to clear the LB's reach, just enough power on it to beat the safety (Ed Reed?) closing fast with perfect accuracy. Gain of 16...first down. Drive continues.

Maybe five QB's in the NFL could have made that pass. Huard sure as hell is not one of them.

#18996 - 01/05/07 12:17 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: yomang]
Ike Offline
Tigger Hater

Green Starting

#18997 - 01/05/07 01:14 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: Ike]
holidaysmore Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Huard or Green. I think that Herm sticks with Green no matter how he plays. Herm is very loyal to his players and I think he sticks with Green.

#18998 - 01/05/07 01:28 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: yomang]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Quote:

Huard sure as hell is not one of them.

I saw Huard make several passes that Green could only think about making. Green's accuracy does not even touch Huard's.

#18999 - 01/05/07 02:52 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

Quote:

Huard sure as hell is not one of them.

I saw Huard make several passes that Green could only think about making. Green's accuracy does not even touch Huard's.

Career numbers: Green 2143-3527 (61 percent), for 26,963 yards. 157 touchdowns and 101 INTs. Those are pretty good numbers, especially that 61 percent. Compare to Tom Brady, who is at 61.9 percent.

This year, Green is a bit over 61 percent. Huard is a bit under 61 percent. Accuracy? Green is better, even with a head that was nearly cut off from his body. And the defenses Green went up against were better than the ones Huard did.

#19000 - 01/05/07 02:53 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: jaihaux]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

How many of Huard's incompletions were caught by the other team? Green?

#19001 - 01/05/07 02:56 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

How many of Huard's incompletions were caught by the other team? Green?

Again, compare the defenses. Even going against better defenses, Green still was a more accurate passer.

Remember the first INT Green tossed last week? Remember the play before? Green hit Samie Parker on a perfect pass that would have been a first down inside the 25. Instead, Parker drops it, and KC has third and long. Green is INT'd when LJ should have gotten the ball after Parker's catch ... er, drop.

#19002 - 01/05/07 02:57 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: jaihaux]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

You're clearly not going to budge. Huard has been the better quarterback this season. End of story. You can continue to wear the Trent Green glasses all you want. I hope he goes out and throws three TD's and Kansas City plays another week.

#19003 - 01/05/07 02:57 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
Ike Offline
Tigger Hater

Green deserves it and you guys know who. He is a vetren and can carry the team to victory!

#19004 - 01/05/07 03:42 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

You're clearly not going to budge. Huard has been the better quarterback this season. End of story. You can continue to wear the Trent Green glasses all you want. I hope he goes out and throws three TD's and Kansas City plays another week.

Huard has done a fabulous job considering the circumstances and is a big reason the Chiefs are playing this week. Nobody can dispute that. But Huard isn't as great as some believe he is and Green isn't as bad as some say.

At this point, while I'd love to see LJ bust for 250 and 5, I'd almost rather see Green throw for 300 and 3. Won't happen, but if the Chiefs win, I don't care if it's Green or Huard who plays. Bottom line is the right QB is starting, and if Herm pulls him, so be it. I won't be mad at Green and I'll support Huard. Green has meant too much to Kansas City for any true Chiefs fan to turn their back on him.

#19005 - 01/05/07 04:22 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: jaihaux]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Go Chiefs!

#19006 - 01/05/07 07:11 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: 1985hawk]
kjay1955 Offline
Jayhawk since 66

Loc: Dallas, TX
I became a Chiefs fan about the same time I became a Jayhawk fan (1966). Yes, I was alive and well for SB's I and IV. I treasure every opportunity this team has in a playoff game, because it's rare. As much as I really like Trent Green I am very nervous about his play since he came back to the starting line up. He can't turn it over 2 times, let alone 3 like last week, if we hope to play with the Colts in their dome. Unless Herm saw brilliance this week in Trent's practices, I say go with Huard. By the way, Huard is 3 year's younger than Trent and is more in his prime. Trent is past his prime now (sorry to say this).

#19007 - 01/06/07 12:19 AM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: jaihaux]
crooner Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

Green has meant too much to Kansas City for any true Chiefs fan to turn their back on him.

In essence, jaihaux, THIS is all you mean. And it's OK.

I'm for preparing for the biggest game of the season with my head, not my heart. He's been a warrior, true; but do we OWE him 2 INT's in the 1st quarter before we pull our heads out and decide to go with Huard, the sound choice? I say no. We simply do not have that margin for error in this game.

Some would say, "swing for the fences" with this game. I can agree somewhat; I think Green is going to be boom or bust today. As in, 23-29, 4TD (1rush), 0INT; OR, the more likely 7-19, 0TD, 3INT-type game. But whether Huard has a good game or a bad one, he stills leaves un in position to win. I'd rather start Huard.

#19008 - 01/06/07 12:37 AM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: crooner]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

Quote:

Green has meant too much to Kansas City for any true Chiefs fan to turn their back on him.

In essence, jaihaux, THIS is all you mean. And it's OK.

I'm for preparing for the biggest game of the season with my head, not my heart. He's been a warrior, true; but do we OWE him 2 INT's in the 1st quarter before we pull our heads out and decide to go with Huard, the sound choice? I say no. We simply do not have that margin for error in this game.

Some would say, "swing for the fences" with this game. I can agree somewhat; I think Green is going to be boom or bust today. As in, 23-29, 4TD (1rush), 0INT; OR, the more likely 7-19, 0TD, 3INT-type game. But whether Huard has a good game or a bad one, he stills leaves un in position to win. I'd rather start Huard.

I'm not talking about Herm Edwards' decision to play which QB. He needs to do what he feels is necessary, and I support him 100 percent, even if it means playing Huard. I'm not playing or preparing for the biggest game of the year, so I don't have to make the decision on who to start. That's Herm's job, and he'll make the right one.

As fans ... the booing and berating of Green is uncalled for. Totally uncalled for. And the fans who booed him last week or think that he doesn't deserve to play Saturday are not real fans. You can think Huard is the man, but to say Green has been bad without looking at all the facts objectively is not fair. Yes, Huard as better numbers, but against crappy defenses. Yes Green has not played well, but against great defenses.

Two things to consider about Green

1. Final drive, third and six, Green gets a free play because of offside. Rather than throw the ball away and take his chances on third and one, he runs for the first down.

2. Final drive, final play. Fourth and three. Hard count, Jax player jumps, nearly gets back. Before he does, Green notices and quick-snaps the ball. Offside, five yard penalty, first down, game over.

Does anyone think a player as inexperienced as Damon Huard makes either of those plays?

Now, let's look at one more thing, the Chiefs' two biggest losses of the year.

1. Cleveland. Can anyone really blame a QB who throws for nearly 300 yards, four scores and without any turnovers?

2. Miami. Huard was dreadful. Absolutely dreadful.

#19009 - 01/06/07 12:46 AM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: jaihaux]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Green threw an interception in that Cleveland game. Threw it in the endzone too, ouch.

#19010 - 01/06/07 12:49 AM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Quote:

1. Final drive, third and six, Green gets a free play because of offside. Rather than throw the ball away and take his chances on third and one, he runs for the first down.

2. Final drive, final play. Fourth and three. Hard count, Jax player jumps, nearly gets back. Before he does, Green notices and quick-snaps the ball. Offside, five yard penalty, first down, game over.

Does anyone think a player as inexperienced as Damon Huard makes either of those plays?

Okay, I suspected you were a Huard hater. Now it's been confirmed.

#19011 - 01/06/07 12:57 AM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
bwarephog Offline
John Brown

Loc: FHSU
OK OK...i admit it...earlier in the season, i was 110% for Green to start when healthy.....BUT......now.... I just don't know....i'd go with Huard

#19012 - 01/06/07 10:20 AM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

Green threw an interception in that Cleveland game. Threw it in the endzone too, ouch.

You are right (didn't it go through a receiver's hands?). The Cleveland loss was all Green's fault.

#19013 - 01/06/07 10:21 AM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

Quote:

Okay, I suspected you were a Huard hater. Now it's been confirmed.

It's called facts. Huard is inexperienced, Green is not. An experienced QB makes those plays. I highly doubt Tony Romo or Philip Rivers make those plays, either.

#19014 - 01/06/07 11:53 AM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: jaihaux]
yomang Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Quote:

2. Miami. Huard was dreadful. Absolutely dreadful.

Worse than dreadful....he was exposed. San Diego or Baltimore's defense would be licking their chops if Huard were to start after a possible Chief win this afternoon.

#19015 - 01/06/07 04:57 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: yomang]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Trent looks fantastic. All of his throws have touch(see the laser to Dante Hall when he was three yards away), his throws are on target(see the throw at Tony's feet). He's also getting rid of the ball in a timely fashion. Yay Trent!

Hey Herm, Trent is not going to win this game for you. He just isn't. He'll only lose it. How about we give Johnson a few more touches in the second half? Stubborn loyalty will sink the Chiefs once again.

#19016 - 01/06/07 05:06 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Reading the other threads, I see that it was the lineman's fault that Trent didn't clear the center quick enough, it was Tony's fault that the throw was at his feet, and it was Dante's fault he didn't catch a rope from three feet away.

Let me guess, it was Damon Huard's fault on Green's dreadful pass that the Colt defender dropped, right?

#19017 - 01/06/07 05:08 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: jaihaux]
Ike Offline
Tigger Hater

Gosh. Rite now, probably Huard

#19018 - 01/06/07 05:13 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: Ike]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

The sad thing, hasbeen, is if Huards made the same throws with the same results, you would blame the receivers.

Awwww ... did Green throw it too hard at Dante? Good thing Dante never tried to catch a pass from Brett Favre.

Awww ... was the ball at Tony's feet? Hey, not every throw is going to be at the numbers. If you can get both hands squarely on the ball, you have to catch it.

Aww ... was the ball thrown a bit behind Kennison?

Damon Huard never has made a mistake in a Chiefs uniform, especially against Pittsburgh and Miami. If Herm makes a change, I'm all for it. But it won't because Green has been bad ... it would be for something new.

#19019 - 01/06/07 05:16 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: jaihaux]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Nice throw, Trent! Don't worry! It was all the receiver's fault!

It's time to make a change. Trent is not moving the offense. Stubborn loyalty will sink the Chiefs yet again.

#19020 - 01/06/07 05:17 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Sorry defense. It's a shame the offense couldn't show up with you. That includes LJ and the receivers, not just Trent.

#19021 - 01/06/07 05:20 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
Ike Offline
Tigger Hater

Come on KC!

#19022 - 01/06/07 05:36 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: Ike]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Good throws, Trent!

#19023 - 01/06/07 06:05 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
holidaysmore Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Lets be honest it ain't all Trent's fault. It's hard to read the safety coming over when you have a defensive lineman draped all over you. Look at every one of Trent's throws. They have all come on 3 step drops or less or he has had to step up in the pocket to avoid the rush. Hell all the WR's need to go. Way to inconsistent and way to many drops....

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT........

#19024 - 01/06/07 07:22 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: holidaysmore]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
HUARD, oh damm I is too late. That @#%$&^%$%^% hard headed Herm Edwards. You play not to win the game, HELLO. Take that quote to the media next time, it fits...

#19025 - 01/06/07 10:53 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Whether you were in favor of Green or Huard starting, that was a complete disgrace by all 11 players on offense.

#19026 - 01/06/07 11:12 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: hasbeen]
yomang Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

It would not have mattered if Y.A. Tittle was under center for the Chiefs this afternoon. Indy's front four were dominant all game long.

#19027 - 01/06/07 11:43 PM Re: Huard or Green? [Re: yomang]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You're right yomang. Just a bad, bad game for the offense. They played tight and there was no excuse for that.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview