Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1167856 - 03/25/10 12:25 PM Re: Feel the love * [Re: HawkRawker]
Turner Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

Self had a chance to put himself over the top this year, I think Cal might do it and prove he's the best. From coming in late spring to landing a monster class in roughly a month...to making all the young and arrogant freshmen glue together. I almost expect them to march to the beat of about 10 pt victories the rest of the way. They look that good. And now almost everyone on his team...even the bench players are getting NBA hype. I just don't think Self is as good of a coach as him...even though Cal seems dirty.

I think Self is definitely a better straight up coach, but there is no arguing that Cal is a better recruiter than anyone else in the nation. Now the reason for that could very well be that he is a scumball and deals around the rules, but until that catches up with him personally or he jets to the NBA I think he's going to see some ridiculous success at kentucky unfortunately. It's pretty hard to compete with a guy that dangles NBA all stars, rappers, bling, etc. in front of young impressionable recruits.

#1167857 - 03/25/10 03:16 PM Re: Bill Self: To Fire or Not to Fire? (not serious) [Re: caddystacks]
SEKKUfan4life Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Kansas
Self is a class guy and runs a class program.
Cal is great recruiter with 0 championships as of right now and 2 Final Fours he has taken his teams to have been vacated.

#1167858 - 03/25/10 05:24 PM Re: Bill Self: To Fire or Not to Fire? (not serious) [Re: SEKKUfan4life]
TAXMAN Offline
(~_o)

Loc: Mesquite, TX
Quote:

Cal is great recruiter with 0 championships as of right now and 2 Final Fours he has taken his teams to have been vacated.

It would be so amazing if something is uncovered and he has to vacate his wins THIS season. I guess that's me hoping he's breaking rules, or maybe it is me on high suspicion that he is breaking rules.

But if this happened maybe the media wouldn't stick up for him so much? What do you think?

#1167859 - 03/25/10 05:33 PM Re: Bill Self: To Fire or Not to Fire? (not serious) [Re: TAXMAN]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Loc: JayhawkLaw office Lobby
He has the hype machine running full blast in the uk direction these days that he doesn't have to cheat anymore.
He's smart enough to know that.
He's clean as a whistle.

#1896210 - 04/12/13 05:35 PM Re: Bill Self: To Fire or Not to Fire? (not serious) [Re: caddystacks]
MACTIZZLE Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Self is great.
That is that.
I wouldn't consider another coach.

#1896211 - 04/12/13 05:35 PM Re: Bill Self: To Fire or Not to Fire? (not serious) [Re: caddystacks]
MACTIZZLE Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Everything is perfect right now

#1896212 - 04/12/13 05:38 PM Re: Feel the love [Re: caddystacks]
foreverandaday Offline
Big Dipper

What moron is suggesting that Self gets fired?

#1896215 - 04/12/13 05:47 PM Re: Bill Self: To Fire or Not to Fire? (not serious) [Re: SEKKUfan4life]
JAORE Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Alabama
Originally Posted By: SEKKUfan4life

You mean Cal has only coached at KY for one year? I'd have sworn I saw him on the sidelines when we lost in that NC game in 2012.

Still wouldn't swap Self for Cal.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview