tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
blush

#1894674 - 04/10/13 02:23 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
oreadical Offline
Resident Duck

Loc: TJ's Fanny Pack
Not too shabby. 2 GB from the lead and a game back of your beloved Batcats.

Except for Baylor, all of the Texas schools are at the bottom.

#1894834 - 04/10/13 06:12 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
19-12 overall...might go watch vs Tejas on friday...How much are dem dar tickets..../????

#1895064 - 04/11/13 09:39 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
oreadical Offline
Resident Duck

$5 for GA. $12 for reserved.

#1897340 - 04/15/13 10:18 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Hawks are 7-5 in the big 12

Cats are 6-3

Cats got a backloaded schedule. 3 of the top 5 teams in the conference left.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#1897390 - 04/16/13 08:35 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: oreadical]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Originally Posted By: oreadical
Not too shabby. 2 GB from the lead and a game back of your beloved Batcats.

Except for Baylor, all of the Texas schools are at the bottom.

Batcats ... worst name ever.

I think I saw KU's RPI in the low 50s, which probably makes the Jayhawks a bubble team right now.

#1897423 - 04/16/13 09:43 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: jaihaux]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

batcats is a great handle, almost tm quality. that written, this could come down to the k-state/kansas series at season's end. wouldn't that be sweet?

#1898303 - 04/17/13 02:41 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
oreadical Offline
Resident Duck

I learned it from watching you.

#1898598 - 04/18/13 08:52 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: tmcats
batcats is a great handle, almost tm quality.

BatCats is right up there with The Octogon. I know you think it's cool, and you think everyone else thinks it's cool, but in reality, it's not.

#1899558 - 04/20/13 12:13 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: jaihaux]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Loc: KC, MO

#1899663 - 04/20/13 12:32 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
Haha timmy is such a piece of work. I wish he'd go away forever. Good find CnB.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1903594 - 04/29/13 07:29 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

it seems time that kansas fan is losing interest? obviously important over here because it could mean a 3rd conference championship in one academic year. not sure that's ever been done before.

#1903598 - 04/29/13 07:37 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
gquinn225 Offline
Prolly Thinks U Dumb

Loc: Mile High City

it seems time that kansas fan is losing interest? obviously important over here because it could mean a 3rd conference championship in one academic year. not sure that's ever been done before.

TM----I'm usually on your side as far as not hating you, thinking you should die, get banned, etc........as you post mostly to get our goat....

but here, you did say you didn't care about baseball, now you are using it as a point of importance.

Sorry, that would be like me jumping on women's bball bandwagon if they were to get consistently good....I just don't like women's bball, and that's ok.

Hell, back when the Av's weren't the worst team in the NHL, I couldn't get into hockey here, as I don't like it.

So, your behavior here...is, well....conflated? DC, did I use that right? I'm still confused on that word.

#1904052 - 04/30/13 03:30 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: gquinn225]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

context matters. i was replying to this ku fan's comment - an analogy to professional baseball, to wit i could give a hoot (or purr). using quotes out of context speaks to fact but not to truth.

Don't fvcking get it twisted now - you've changed your stance more times than Cal Ripken Jr.

btw, it's interesting that we're willing to play the shox in baseball but not hoops.

#1904112 - 04/30/13 04:21 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
gquinn225 Offline
Prolly Thinks U Dumb

Loc: Mile High City
Lessons you've learned through experience, no doubt.

Baseball and Hoops two separate entities.

#1904153 - 04/30/13 05:29 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

When did Ksuck last play the Shocks in bball...I really dont know, but I dont think its been for awhile. If so what was the point of timmys post about it, or is he staying even par with once again not having a point.

#1904477 - 05/01/13 11:31 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

nice win over the shox.

#1907332 - 05/07/13 11:46 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

k-state v. kansas series this weekend will tell a lot as to who the league champion will be at season's close. huge series in lawrence.

#1907356 - 05/07/13 12:39 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
oreadical Offline
Resident Duck

I'll be there on Friday.

#1909283 - 05/12/13 04:07 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

well, perhaps not.

#1909342 - 05/12/13 09:12 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
jayhawk02 Offline
Baby Jay

I will get blasted for this, but KSU baseball is darn good. Congrats to your team Timmy, after the Big 12 tourney, I wish your team the best in the post season. Would love to see a team, other than the SEC usualls, win it all.

#1909386 - 05/12/13 11:26 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Yeah, I have to give it up to the States. Good baseball they played. They're having a great year.

I cannot stand to watch much college baseball though. It just doesn't do it for me like the pros.

#1909426 - 05/13/13 09:05 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

you're both very kind. austin fisher, state's shortstop, is a close family friend. so, these cats have special meaning.

#1909430 - 05/13/13 09:18 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: jayhawk02]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Originally Posted By: jayhawk02
I will get blasted for this, but KSU baseball is darn good. Congrats to your team Timmy, after the Big 12 tourney, I wish your team the best in the post season. Would love to see a team, other than the SEC usualls, win it all.

I went to the first couple of games. KSU is a pretty good team...that having been said. The first game KU put the KSU outfielders against the fence 2 times in the first couple of innings, and hit one off the top of the wall in left with two outs barely missing a HR. We also had a runner get thrown out stealing right before we hit a long home run. KU had our chances and easily could have won the game actually having the game winning run at the plate as the game ended. That having been said...KSU had a lot more chances too. KU could have won by 3 or 4...but we also could have lost by 4 or 5 probably too. Good win for KSU.

KU had them beat in game 2. KU was up 6-0 before the trainwreck 6th inning. Here is how it happened:

1) First batter hits a ground ball at 3rd and KU misplayed it. Hard hit ball...would be a tough play but could have been made...runner on 1st.
2) Here is the play that killed KU...VERY HIGH POP UP to the RF...who didn't see the ball in the sun and stood out there with his hands up for about 3 seconds before moving at all. Then he must have got directed a bit and ran towards the line...but still never saw it and it actually lands behind him for a 2B error. So instead of 2 outs if we made both plays or 1 out and a guy on 1st...we have 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs. Pitcher is justifiably upset and loses focus for a bit. Honestly RF has to make that play...and would make it 99% of the time without the sun being brutal at that point in the afternoon.
3) Walk to load the bases
4) Bean ball forces in a run
5) KSU got a single to left to score 2.

The errors turned the whole game around and gave new life to a KSU team that was basically in trouble in the 6th.

Once KU lost a game that we COULD have won in game 1 and a game that we SHOULD have won in game 2...the last game was predictable.

KSU in my opinion has really strong hitters in about the first 5 spots at a minimum...pretty strong hitting team overall and has a lot of left handed hitters.

I have followed KU baseball for years and have always been a strong supporter of Coach Price...but I kind of wonder if he has brought us as far as he can. We might need some young blood in there. Don't know his contract situation but if Dr. Zenger has any connections with a young up and coming coach in the SEC or something it could be worth a shot. If Price's contract isn't up for a couple of years and has a buyout of any kind then I say no to moving him though. The team is actually pretty close but just doesn't seem to ever get any better. We are always middle of the pack at best in the Big12.

I don't wish KSU luck in anything...so not going to go that route.

Just my $.02 from the park.

#1909480 - 05/13/13 10:44 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
DChawkfan, good post.

I'm okay with the misplay on the hard grounder. That turf is FAST. But the pop up is almost inexcusable, even with the strong breeze.

Sometimes there's just a vibe that it's a team's magical year, and if feels like that for K-State. If they can beat OU this weekend, that'd be pretty cool for them.

I'm already hearing the "trifecta" talk with Staters. Still seems odd to me that K-State "won" the basketball title. Whatever.
A nice year, but compare that to the run KU had in '93 with a Bowl win on Xmas '92, Final Four in April '93, followed by a College World Seires berth.

Or heck, this year's run of KU men's Championship and Big 12 tournament championship, KU women's Sweet Sixteen, and the women's track Championship is arguably as good as K-State's.

And I've just gotta say..."Batcats" is so K-State. Hilarious.

#1909493 - 05/13/13 11:08 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: jayhawklouie]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: jayhawklouie
DChawkfan, good post.

I'm okay with the misplay on the hard grounder. That turf is FAST. But the pop up is almost inexcusable, even with the strong breeze.

Sometimes there's just a vibe that it's a team's magical year, and if feels like that for K-State. If they can beat OU this weekend, that'd be pretty cool for them.

I'm already hearing the "trifecta" talk with Staters. Still seems odd to me that K-State "won" the basketball title. Whatever.
A nice year, but compare that to the run KU had in '93 with a Bowl win on Xmas '92, Final Four in April '93, followed by a College World Seires berth.

Or heck, this year's run of KU men's Championship and Big 12 tournament championship, KU women's Sweet Sixteen, and the women's track Championship is arguably as good as K-State's.

And I've just gotta say..."Batcats" is so K-State. Hilarious.

I've heard the "trifecta" talk too...and even saw a tweet from a KSU fan named Tyler Dreiling saying "congratulatons Kansas State fans. You have enjoyed the best year in #KState history and it's not even over yet."

They have had a pretty good year...I just think it is ironic that their "best season" finished by getting blown out from the opening kickoff in a bowl game, then getting dominated for the 3rd time by KU in the Big 12 tournament and losing to Lasalle in the 1st round, and then will probably finish by not making it to Omaha.

The KSU fans I know (including one cousin that I don't claim as a family member) are so busy begging for everyone to notice them that they don't realize the irony in that...

Again...my $.02

Go Hawks!
DC

#1909530 - 05/13/13 11:47 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: dchawkfan]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

irony indeed.

fwiw, only texas has pulled off a big12 triple crown. and furthermore, k-state has 'swept' kansas in baseball 4 of the last 7 series. this was not a magical series in that regard. pretty good year, yes.

#1909536 - 05/13/13 11:59 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: dchawkfan]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: dchawkfan

The KSU fans I know are so busy begging for everyone to notice them...
DC

THIS. I notice the same thing.

They beat the drum that Snyder is the best coach ever and that K-State's football program is onc of the best in the country, yet they have only 2 league titles. Their 2 best years ended with 2 stinkers (A&M, Purdue in '98 and Baylor/Oregon in '12). And if a sports fan wants to see a BCS trophy in person, they'd have to drive to Lawrence, not Manhattan.

Huggins, Martin and Weber have supposedly made K-State a legit team again, yet there's only 1 trophy to show for it, and it's shared by their rival who score-boarded them 3 times. Then lost to Lasalle in the opening game in front of a loud home crowd!

If the Batcats go to the World Series, it could be argued that it's K-State's greatest sports accomplishment since their Final Four in the mid 60's.

#1909556 - 05/13/13 12:24 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: ATX
big12 triple crown.

3 shared championships?

neat

#1909587 - 05/13/13 01:13 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: digitalkookie]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

baseball may not be nor if it is may not be 'shared.'

#1909616 - 05/13/13 01:43 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

I will agree with Timmy on this...KSU probably isn't going to have to share the Baseball title since OU and WVa both struggled last weekend too. That having been said...winning the baseball title this year is like winning a race with a bunch of kids that are using crutches. All of the Texas schools are struggling which is rare...and KSU leads the league by 2 full games by just having a .667 winning percentage. My point I guess is that there really aren't any GREAT teams like the Texas teams of old. (Sadly for the Big 12, this was true in basketball and football too. This was illustrated by the conference performance in the NCAA tournament and OU and KSU's performance in their individual bowl games)

My point that KSU fans all beg for attention is perfectly illustrated by Timmy though. He is constantly over here asking for us to care about KSU sports? I know that I don't...so my question is... why? I know there might be an obvious answer for this...but can you not find any intelligent conversation on a KSU board?

I know as a KU fan, I could not possibly care less about KSU and would never remotely consider going to a KSU message board to subject myself to all of their ridiculous meaningless drivel...It just sucks that Timmy brings it to us without us even wanting to look for it.

When we have good seasons...I know I mainly celebrate with other KU fans and don't go over to other websites trying to talk about how great we are.

I suppose maybe KSU is celebrating because they know next year the Weber decline begins and they won't have that chance to celebrate in basketball?

I gotta get back to work...so just thinking out loud there!

Go Hawks!

DC

#1909617 - 05/13/13 01:48 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: dchawkfan]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I will agree with Timmy on this...KSU probably isn't going to have to share the Baseball title since OU and WVa both struggled last weekend too. That having been said...winning the baseball title this year is like winning a race with a bunch of kids that are using crutches. All of the Texas schools are struggling which is rare...and KSU leads the league by 2 full games by just having a .667 winning percentage. My point I guess is that there really aren't any GREAT teams like the Texas teams of old. (Sadly for the Big 12, this was true in basketball and football too. This was illustrated by the conference performance in the NCAA tournament and OU and KSU's performance in their individual bowl games)

My point that KSU fans all beg for attention is perfectly illustrated by Timmy though. He is constantly over here asking for us to care about KSU sports? I know that I don't...so my question is... why? I know there might be an obvious answer for this...but can you not find any intelligent conversation on a KSU board?

I know as a KU fan, I could not possibly care less about KSU and would never remotely consider going to a KSU message board to subject myself to all of their ridiculous meaningless drivel...It just sucks that Timmy brings it to us without us even wanting to look for it.

When we have good seasons...I know I mainly celebrate with other KU fans and don't go over to other websites trying to talk about how great we are.

I suppose maybe KSU is celebrating because they know next year the Weber decline begins and they won't have that chance to celebrate in basketball?

I gotta get back to work...so just thinking out loud there!

Go Hawks!

DC

oh, the irony!

#1909628 - 05/13/13 02:06 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

How is that irony...that I don't want to talk KSU sports on a KU board? I'll be interested to hear this "highly educated" response. I am assuming you didn't have a good response so decided to keep with your pointless responses...

Run along now...

#1909635 - 05/13/13 02:18 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: dchawkfan]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

I'll be interested to hear this "highly educated" response.

highly educated, from timmy?

you're new here, right

#1909766 - 05/13/13 04:39 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
guscat Offline
Dumbest Poster on the Board

"I will agree with Timmy on this...KSU probably isn't going to have to share the Baseball title since OU and WVa both struggled last weekend too. That having been said...winning the baseball title this year is like winning a race with a bunch of kids that are using crutches. All of the Texas schools are struggling which is rare...and KSU leads the league by 2 full games by just having a .667 winning percentage."

QFT. 'Cats are on top of the Big 12 standings, and only get ranked 19th in the nation. Conference is definitely having a down year, especially Oklahoma State. It is nice, though, to pull off the triple crown. I never hear KU fans complain about how crappy the competition is when their teams win a conference championship in basketball.

#1909790 - 05/13/13 05:19 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

good gawd

#1909802 - 05/13/13 05:33 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: guscat]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: guscat
"I will agree with Timmy on this...KSU probably isn't going to have to share the Baseball title since OU and WVa both struggled last weekend too. That having been said...winning the baseball title this year is like winning a race with a bunch of kids that are using crutches. All of the Texas schools are struggling which is rare...and KSU leads the league by 2 full games by just having a .667 winning percentage."

QFT. 'Cats are on top of the Big 12 standings, and only get ranked 19th in the nation. Conference is definitely having a down year, especially Oklahoma State. It is nice, though, to pull off the triple crown. I never hear KU fans complain about how crappy the competition is when their teams win a conference championship in basketball.

Oh goody...another KSU fan. If you read my posts...I did say the Big 12 wasn't good in basketball this year or football above. I base this off the NCAA tournament that everyone but KU and ISU was knocked out in the first round. In football we only had 2 decent teams in KSU and OU and both got just worked in their bowl game. The rest of the teams were mediocre at best with us obviously being the worst.

again my $.02.

#1909854 - 05/13/13 07:53 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: dchawkfan]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

How is that irony...that I don't want to talk KSU sports on a KU board? I'll be interested to hear this "highly educated" response. I am assuming you didn't have a good response so decided to keep with your pointless responses...

Run along now...

it's situational irony. you write about never having interest in ksu. what? if you write about k-state, then obviously you have interest. classic situational irony.

#1909896 - 05/13/13 09:16 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
jayhawk02 Offline
Baby Jay

If KU would have swept the cats last weekend, and went on to win the conference, I doubt any KU fan would run a disclaimer about the Big 12 being down. It pains me to say it, but they are right. The Big 12 basketball teams were down this year, but we still thumped our chests after winning it again. Give the kitties their props and move on. If you want them to leave, stop feeding them.

#1910029 - 05/14/13 08:22 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

While I acknowledge the job Brad Hill has done at K-State (very impressive), and acknowledge the Wildcats deservedly sweeping KU ...

Roberto is such an asspony. A guy who couldn't care less about baseball, who couldn't care less about any KSUck sport unless it's doing well, just needs to room with Grandma Gilmore and drink a warm glass of shut the hell up.

#1910097 - 05/14/13 09:21 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

If KSU gets their football, basketball, baseball trifecta, then that IS impressive, no matter the details.

But the details really do lessen the seemingly incredible 3-sport sweep. The football team ended the season getting trounced in 2 of 3 games. The basketball team got stomped by their hated state rival in the Big 12 Tournament Championship game after already having been swept by the Jayhawks, then lost their opening NCAA game in front of a noisy Wildcat crowd. If the baseball team fails to make the college world series, calling 2013 the "Year of the Wildcat" will seem laughable.

#1910120 - 05/14/13 09:32 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: jayhawklouie]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

If KSU gets their football, basketball, baseball trifecta, then that IS impressive, no matter the details.

But the details really do lessen the seemingly incredible 3-sport sweep.

... but only in the mind of mythical bird fans.

#1910146 - 05/14/13 09:57 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

But the details really do lessen the seemingly incredible 3-sport sweep.

... but only in the mind of mythical bird fans.

perhaps you should poll the other members of the conference

#1910159 - 05/14/13 10:06 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: digitalkookie]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

if you'd go to their boards or listened to sports' radio programming, you'd understand how silly your comments are on the subject, which i understand are not reflective of how you actually feel, but are a statement of your non-rivalry needs.

#1910162 - 05/14/13 10:10 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
oreadical Offline
Resident Duck

Kietzman doesn't count.

#1910172 - 05/14/13 10:19 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

non-rivalry needs?

#1910188 - 05/14/13 10:44 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

A 3-sport trifecta IS something K-State fans should be proud of. It IS a big deal and the K-State AD should get a 2-week paid trip to an island of his choice. Job well done.

But c'mon K-State fans, you gotta admit it's a little deflating to see how your teams finished. I sound like a homer KU fan I'm sure, but Kansas has finished seasons off every now and then. The national titles in 88 and 08, the multiple final fours, the Orange Bowl win. Even the KU baseball team made a world series in '93.

K-State doesn't finish: The Bishop-led '98 team fell on its face twice to end the season. The '99 team took a really good undefeated team to Lincoln only to get blasted, thus getting relegated to the Holiday Bowl. The 2003 team, after shocking the world and beating the Sooners in the title game, lost their chance at true glory by losing to Ohio State. Last year's team had a REAL chance at a national title, only to let Baylor AND Oregon embarrass them. Huggins and Beasley got K-State on the map...by going to the NIT. Frank Martin and Lon Kruger, both good coaches, never got a league title and both failed in thier winnable Elight Eight game. Bruce Weber gets to claim a league title, but his season ended like a flat basketball.

Maybe the Batcats can actually do something in the post-season.

#1910197 - 05/14/13 10:58 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: jayhawklouie]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

actually, the league championships are great accomplishments in and of themselves. for me, winning the league is far more important than advancing a couple games in post season or winning a bowl game. it just means a lot more hoisting those beauties.

#1910201 - 05/14/13 11:00 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
oreadical Offline
Resident Duck

Makes sense, given your team's lack of post-season success.

#1910204 - 05/14/13 11:02 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Oh never mind.

#1910352 - 05/14/13 11:42 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: oreadical]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: oreadical
Makes sense, given your team's lack of post-season success.

or put another way, given your team's conference championship success.

#1910561 - 05/14/13 01:13 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
BigDipper05 Offline
Prairie Warrior

LOL at timmy hanging out on the baseball board today. Him and the kitties are so pissed about the Wiggins news. KU once again overshadows them. While the kitties are giddy about winning a few conference titles, KU starts preparing for another National Title.

#1910676 - 05/14/13 02:30 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

actually, it was probably ku v uk. you are the company you keep. all of which interests me very little. we don't play in those kind of games.

Edited by tmcats (05/14/13 02:33 PM)

#1910701 - 05/14/13 02:49 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
BigDipper05 Offline
Prairie Warrior

we don't play in those kind of games.

National Titles? No. No you definitely don't.

#1910727 - 05/14/13 03:06 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

not the 'games' i was referring to you. but you knew that.

#1910734 - 05/14/13 03:08 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Loc: KC, MO
LOL. Everyone remembers your giddiness when you landed Beasley and Walker.

#1910793 - 05/14/13 03:33 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

are you suggesting huggs didn't play similar games?

#1910845 - 05/14/13 03:58 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

I know this is off topic for this baseball board...but KU just got a commit from LB Kyron Watson from St. Louis. Offers from most of the big 10 including Michigan and Mizzou from the SEC...and about 15 other D1 schools! Just shows that football recruiting is going great too. I wonder when was the last time we got a HS kid ranked that high...that had a chance to play for 4 years in the Big House?

Can't think Timmy and the KSU boys like this...first we start stealing most of their juco recruits so they really struggle to rebuild a defense (last year's defense for KSU was pretty darn good). Then we start getting great high school recruits with Wrench and this kid. KSU still has a great coach but we actually are getting kids that have talent now and have a strength and conditioning program to develop them. (Much like our old S&C coach that is now at KSU...he does a great job for them too). Better talent and strength and conditioning on our end...and Weis is much better than Gill too. Not going to say any more but the gap is definitely going to close in football. Not saying we win this year but it will be a lot closer...and then next year when all of these juco kids are seniors it could be a real competitive season for us!

Great day! Feels like it is Christmas...or I am going to wake up or something...

Go Hawks!!

DC

#1911222 - 05/15/13 09:39 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: dchawkfan]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

make sure he qualifies before tooting too loudly there, son.

#1911234 - 05/15/13 09:49 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

Don't call me son. Nothing you say is going to annoy me...but that is disrespectful. You won't hear me calling you son.

Say what you want...but half of the Big 10 wouldn't have offered him if he was a long shot. Sure...every kid might not qualify at this point. He could completely quit going to class. But just because you guys take huge reaches on Ramirez and Boyd doesn't mean this kid is not going to qualify.

I wish you would go away...but if you are going to be here. Don't just be a hater for the purpose of hating. If you have proof the kid is not going to qualify or even an article about it then put it out there. If you don't then it just makes you look like a hater.

Every kid we get isn't a qualifying risk...just because you want them to be.

Go Hawks!

DC

#1911245 - 05/15/13 10:03 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: dchawkfan]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

you keep bringing k-state into the conversation. i'm just pointing out that this recruit may or may not qualify, therefore he may not play at kansas.

and btw, since this is a baseball board, bobby randall used to have great classes before the fact as well.

#1911272 - 05/15/13 10:24 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

Just go away. You were trying to drag down this kid and KU like always. The kid has offers from pretty much the entire Big 10 which is a high academic conference as I am sure you would agree if you actually follow such things. Although he may not qualify...there is no basis for you to speculate on it at this time.

The only reason I brought it up on here was to see how you would spin it. It worked...You resorted to wild speculation that had no basis as expected.

You are a typical KSU fan from all of the ones I interact with. Very little reasoning behind saying things...you say what "you want to believe" without any actual facts to support it. You still have not shown a single article or anything that backs your thought that he may not qualify.

I am going back to work. I have no time for baseless speculation.

Go Hawks!

DC

#1911926 - 05/16/13 10:49 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

make sure he qualifies before tooting too loudly there, son.

Found this little nugget that should discredit Timmy at all on this. According to this scout update:

"He's a great kid. He's going into this year as one of our team captains. He's a very vocal leader and he's a leader in the classroom. He's always been a scholar. Going into his sophomore year, we had issues because he was going to summer academic programs and missing football workouts. He's always been a good student and he's an all around good kid."

I am sure Timmy wouldn't want to actually do any research before he runs his mouth though.

I am new to this board so this may not work...but here is the link: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1286539.html

Go Hawks!!

DC

#1911928 - 05/16/13 10:56 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

always good when kids are not placed just for athletics. let's hope he excels in the classroom. we all win when that happens. and we can all cheer for that kind of success.

but what this has to due with baseball is beyond me.

#1911939 - 05/16/13 11:06 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

always good when kids are not placed just for athletics. let's hope he excels in the classroom. we all win when that happens. and we can all cheer for that kind of success.

but what this has to due with baseball is beyond me.

See now that is a response I can respect. I just don't like when people make accusations and insinuate negative things about student athletes with no basis. Sure there are kids out there that have problems and will not be eligible...it happens everyday. I just think in order to say something about a kid you need to have basis. Otherwise it is just okay for me to make anything up and say it...which we know isn't the case. Heck...I could say that Collin Klein is a bad kid...but we all know that isn't the case.

I hope KU can hold onto the kid because he sounds like a great kid...and obviously has potential on the football field.

Go Hawks!!

DC

#1912951 - 05/18/13 12:39 PM 3maw! [Re: dchawkfan]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#1912971 - 05/18/13 02:37 PM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Typical KSU fairweather fan

"i'm not into baseball."
--Tmcats 7/28/10

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#1913029 - 05/18/13 05:59 PM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
KUHawkhead Online   sick
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I pray to god that the Big XII gets better in sports, and quick. This year we sucked in football, basketball was nothing after KU, and baseball was horrid. What happened to all the good teams from the south?

We are quickly becoming irrelevant on the national landscape when you look at how weak our conference has become the last couple of years, and it isn't good to be looking like this when realignment may rear it's head again.

#1913124 - 05/18/13 10:17 PM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
sdoyel Offline
LIKE A BOSS

Loc: Dallas
Nebraska and A&M combined for 7 Big 12 regular season titles.

Where are they now?

#1913156 - 05/19/13 12:13 AM Re: 3maw! [Re: dgless21]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21
Typical KSU fairweather fan

"i'm not into baseball."
--Tmcats 7/28/10

I'd like to see tmcats actually respond to this. But alas, he will not.

#1913262 - 05/19/13 02:22 PM Re: 3maw! [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

i made that statement about PROFESSIONAL baseball, dude, not these cats.

#1913290 - 05/19/13 04:03 PM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
JZHawk Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: The 'Dot
i made that statement about PROFESSIONAL baseball, dude, not these cats.

Uh huh, sure you did.

#1913314 - 05/19/13 05:25 PM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

That makes your statement even worse, if true. For two reasons:

1) THESE cats (fair weather fan)

2) What idiot prefers college baseball to major league?

#1913424 - 05/19/13 09:46 PM Re: 3maw! [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUSPORTSFAN93

lol. anyone who favors professional sports over collegiate is little more than a laundry master.

#1913428 - 05/19/13 10:15 PM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
sdoyel Offline
LIKE A BOSS

Collegiate baseball games watched by this guy this season:

#1913437 - 05/19/13 11:06 PM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

lol. anyone who favors professional sports over collegiate is little more than a laundry master.

That's a pretty stupid blanket statement. College basketball is clearly better in my mind. College football is about even with the NFL. Major league baseball is obviously much better than collegiate in my mind.

But let's take this to its logical end and look at smaller sports. Are you telling me that college golf is more entertaining than professional golf? Don't think so. But I don't even like to watch it professionally.

I'm truly dumbfounded by anyone who believes that NCAA baseball is better to watch than MLB. That's just astounding. College football and basketball, I totally get.

#1913441 - 05/19/13 11:21 PM Re: 3maw! [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
KU76erfan Offline
Better than Liberace

Loc: Cygnus X-1

Hint: he's purple and senile.

*ping* *PING* *ping*

#1913479 - 05/20/13 09:21 AM Re: 3maw! [Re: sdoyel]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: sdoyel
Collegiate baseball games watched by this guy this season:

this guy meaning you?

#1913481 - 05/20/13 09:28 AM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
sdoyel Offline
LIKE A BOSS

Yes. Me.

And I would argue I'm one of the biggest baseball fans on these boards.

#1913486 - 05/20/13 09:41 AM Re: 3maw! [Re: sdoyel]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

i used to be a big baseball fan prior to the war. my favorites - camlio, harmon, zoilo, tony - hell, i knew every player on every team back then. but free agency and the nfl killed the sport for me.

all of which has nothing to do with the collegiate game which is very entertaining. i watched the supposed #1 draft choice go down friday night in manhattan as the cats clinched. that was fun.

#1913495 - 05/20/13 09:53 AM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

K State has the best dang total sports program in the whole dang country. Before the war? WW1???

#1913500 - 05/20/13 09:56 AM Re: 3maw! [Re: PHOGUSHER]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
K State has the best dang total sports program in the whole dang country. Before the war? WW1???

grandpa was in that one.

#1913505 - 05/20/13 10:09 AM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

dont lie ...that was you. Congrats to the mighty Power Cats I guess is in order. Doubt if your baseball team makes it out of the super regionals.

#1913513 - 05/20/13 10:19 AM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

pitching will be the problem down here. and without it, any extended play in the tournament will be truly unexpected.

#1913650 - 05/20/13 01:59 PM Re: 3maw! [Re: sdoyel]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Yes. Me.

And I would argue I'm one of the biggest baseball fans on these boards.

Count me in as well. I can't stand the college game.
Getting rid of aluminum bats would go a long way, until then it resembles professional baseball as much as girls softball does.

#1914073 - 05/21/13 09:16 AM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

you'd love the college game if kansas was any good. and aluminum bats used now are very similar to wood. that's a poor excuse. in fact, some college coaches believe their bats have less firepower than the pros use.

#1914100 - 05/21/13 09:53 AM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
KU76erfan Offline
Better than Liberace

you'd love the college game if kansas was any good. and aluminum bats used now are very similar to wood.

*ping!*
*PING*

*pingpingping!!!!*

#1914102 - 05/21/13 09:58 AM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

that only shows how ignorant you are about collegiate baseball.

#1914116 - 05/21/13 10:11 AM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
sdoyel Offline
LIKE A BOSS

KU is good.

They have also won a Big 12 title before.

#1914122 - 05/21/13 10:16 AM Re: 3maw! [Re: sdoyel]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

KU is good.

They have also won a Big 12 title before.

ku is certainly not a bad team. and the title was a tournament win, not regular season. it's like missouri's claim to a basketball championship when you write that kind of stuff.

#1914128 - 05/21/13 10:24 AM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
KU76erfan Offline
Better than Liberace

that only shows how ignorant you are about collegiate baseball.

You just responded to yourself. Oh the irony.

PING!!!

#1914142 - 05/21/13 10:37 AM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
sdoyel Offline
LIKE A BOSS

Well, I would argue that KU's Big 12 Tournament title came at the height of what WAS Big 12 baseball.

When Nebraska and A&M leave the conference having won 7 of a possible 19 conference titles and Texas faces one of their worst years ever, you end up with KSU as a conference champ.

#1914145 - 05/21/13 10:39 AM Re: 3maw! [Re: sdoyel]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Well, I would argue that KU's Big 12 Tournament title came at the height of what WAS Big 12 baseball.

When Nebraska and A&M leave the conference having won 7 of a possible 19 conference titles and Texas faces one of their worst years ever, you end up with KSU as a conference champ.

k-state swept their 3 game series with nebraska this year. aTm is awful, near the bottom of their division. your argument is just as worthless.

#1914246 - 05/21/13 01:01 PM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
you'd love the college game if kansas was any good. and aluminum bats used now are very similar to wood. that's a poor excuse. in fact, some college coaches believe their bats have less firepower than the pros use.

No. The game sucks.
KU could be great in volleyball, archery, soccer, knitting, etc. and I wouldn't care. College baseball sucks, and so do aluminum bats.

#1914341 - 05/21/13 03:38 PM Re: 3maw! [Re: tmcats]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

No, tmcats. You're wrong.

I would probably watch a couple more games if KU was great. But I still wouldn't really like the sport. I wouldn't watch every KU game in the NCAA tournament if they were title contenders. I watch a lot of Royals even when they are winning 70 games.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview