digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: ATX
non-rivalry needs?

#1910188 - 05/14/13 10:44 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
A 3-sport trifecta IS something K-State fans should be proud of. It IS a big deal and the K-State AD should get a 2-week paid trip to an island of his choice. Job well done.

But c'mon K-State fans, you gotta admit it's a little deflating to see how your teams finished. I sound like a homer KU fan I'm sure, but Kansas has finished seasons off every now and then. The national titles in 88 and 08, the multiple final fours, the Orange Bowl win. Even the KU baseball team made a world series in '93.

K-State doesn't finish: The Bishop-led '98 team fell on its face twice to end the season. The '99 team took a really good undefeated team to Lincoln only to get blasted, thus getting relegated to the Holiday Bowl. The 2003 team, after shocking the world and beating the Sooners in the title game, lost their chance at true glory by losing to Ohio State. Last year's team had a REAL chance at a national title, only to let Baylor AND Oregon embarrass them. Huggins and Beasley got K-State on the map...by going to the NIT. Frank Martin and Lon Kruger, both good coaches, never got a league title and both failed in thier winnable Elight Eight game. Bruce Weber gets to claim a league title, but his season ended like a flat basketball.

Maybe the Batcats can actually do something in the post-season.

#1910197 - 05/14/13 10:58 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: jayhawklouie]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
actually, the league championships are great accomplishments in and of themselves. for me, winning the league is far more important than advancing a couple games in post season or winning a bowl game. it just means a lot more hoisting those beauties.

#1910201 - 05/14/13 11:00 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
oreadical Offline
Resident Duck

Loc: TJ's Fanny Pack
Makes sense, given your team's lack of post-season success.

#1910204 - 05/14/13 11:02 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
Oh never mind.

#1910352 - 05/14/13 11:42 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: oreadical]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: oreadical
Makes sense, given your team's lack of post-season success.

or put another way, given your team's conference championship success.

#1910561 - 05/14/13 01:13 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
BigDipper05 Offline
Prairie Warrior

LOL at timmy hanging out on the baseball board today. Him and the kitties are so pissed about the Wiggins news. KU once again overshadows them. While the kitties are giddy about winning a few conference titles, KU starts preparing for another National Title.

#1910676 - 05/14/13 02:30 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

actually, it was probably ku v uk. you are the company you keep. all of which interests me very little. we don't play in those kind of games.

Edited by tmcats (05/14/13 02:33 PM)

#1910701 - 05/14/13 02:49 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
BigDipper05 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Originally Posted By: tmcats
we don't play in those kind of games.

National Titles? No. No you definitely don't.

#1910727 - 05/14/13 03:06 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

not the 'games' i was referring to you. but you knew that.

#1910734 - 05/14/13 03:08 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Loc: KC, MO
LOL. Everyone remembers your giddiness when you landed Beasley and Walker.

#1910793 - 05/14/13 03:33 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

are you suggesting huggs didn't play similar games?

#1910845 - 05/14/13 03:58 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I know this is off topic for this baseball board...but KU just got a commit from LB Kyron Watson from St. Louis. Offers from most of the big 10 including Michigan and Mizzou from the SEC...and about 15 other D1 schools! Just shows that football recruiting is going great too. I wonder when was the last time we got a HS kid ranked that high...that had a chance to play for 4 years in the Big House?

Can't think Timmy and the KSU boys like this...first we start stealing most of their juco recruits so they really struggle to rebuild a defense (last year's defense for KSU was pretty darn good). Then we start getting great high school recruits with Wrench and this kid. KSU still has a great coach but we actually are getting kids that have talent now and have a strength and conditioning program to develop them. (Much like our old S&C coach that is now at KSU...he does a great job for them too). Better talent and strength and conditioning on our end...and Weis is much better than Gill too. Not going to say any more but the gap is definitely going to close in football. Not saying we win this year but it will be a lot closer...and then next year when all of these juco kids are seniors it could be a real competitive season for us!

Great day! Feels like it is Christmas...or I am going to wake up or something...

Go Hawks!!

DC

#1911222 - 05/15/13 09:39 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: dchawkfan]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

make sure he qualifies before tooting too loudly there, son.

#1911234 - 05/15/13 09:49 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Don't call me son. Nothing you say is going to annoy me...but that is disrespectful. You won't hear me calling you son.

Say what you want...but half of the Big 10 wouldn't have offered him if he was a long shot. Sure...every kid might not qualify at this point. He could completely quit going to class. But just because you guys take huge reaches on Ramirez and Boyd doesn't mean this kid is not going to qualify.

I wish you would go away...but if you are going to be here. Don't just be a hater for the purpose of hating. If you have proof the kid is not going to qualify or even an article about it then put it out there. If you don't then it just makes you look like a hater.

Every kid we get isn't a qualifying risk...just because you want them to be.

Go Hawks!

DC

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview