Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1909616 - 05/13/13 01:43 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? * [Re: tmcats]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I will agree with Timmy on this...KSU probably isn't going to have to share the Baseball title since OU and WVa both struggled last weekend too. That having been said...winning the baseball title this year is like winning a race with a bunch of kids that are using crutches. All of the Texas schools are struggling which is rare...and KSU leads the league by 2 full games by just having a .667 winning percentage. My point I guess is that there really aren't any GREAT teams like the Texas teams of old. (Sadly for the Big 12, this was true in basketball and football too. This was illustrated by the conference performance in the NCAA tournament and OU and KSU's performance in their individual bowl games)

My point that KSU fans all beg for attention is perfectly illustrated by Timmy though. He is constantly over here asking for us to care about KSU sports? I know that I don't...so my question is... why? I know there might be an obvious answer for this...but can you not find any intelligent conversation on a KSU board?

I know as a KU fan, I could not possibly care less about KSU and would never remotely consider going to a KSU message board to subject myself to all of their ridiculous meaningless drivel...It just sucks that Timmy brings it to us without us even wanting to look for it.

When we have good seasons...I know I mainly celebrate with other KU fans and don't go over to other websites trying to talk about how great we are.

I suppose maybe KSU is celebrating because they know next year the Weber decline begins and they won't have that chance to celebrate in basketball?

I gotta get back to work...so just thinking out loud there!

Go Hawks!

DC

#1909617 - 05/13/13 01:48 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: dchawkfan]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
Originally Posted By: dchawkfan
I will agree with Timmy on this...KSU probably isn't going to have to share the Baseball title since OU and WVa both struggled last weekend too. That having been said...winning the baseball title this year is like winning a race with a bunch of kids that are using crutches. All of the Texas schools are struggling which is rare...and KSU leads the league by 2 full games by just having a .667 winning percentage. My point I guess is that there really aren't any GREAT teams like the Texas teams of old. (Sadly for the Big 12, this was true in basketball and football too. This was illustrated by the conference performance in the NCAA tournament and OU and KSU's performance in their individual bowl games)

My point that KSU fans all beg for attention is perfectly illustrated by Timmy though. He is constantly over here asking for us to care about KSU sports? I know that I don't...so my question is... why? I know there might be an obvious answer for this...but can you not find any intelligent conversation on a KSU board?

I know as a KU fan, I could not possibly care less about KSU and would never remotely consider going to a KSU message board to subject myself to all of their ridiculous meaningless drivel...It just sucks that Timmy brings it to us without us even wanting to look for it.

When we have good seasons...I know I mainly celebrate with other KU fans and don't go over to other websites trying to talk about how great we are.

I suppose maybe KSU is celebrating because they know next year the Weber decline begins and they won't have that chance to celebrate in basketball?

I gotta get back to work...so just thinking out loud there!

Go Hawks!

DC

oh, the irony!

#1909628 - 05/13/13 02:06 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

How is that irony...that I don't want to talk KSU sports on a KU board? I'll be interested to hear this "highly educated" response. I am assuming you didn't have a good response so decided to keep with your pointless responses...

Run along now...

#1909635 - 05/13/13 02:18 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: dchawkfan]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: ATX
I'll be interested to hear this "highly educated" response.

highly educated, from timmy?

you're new here, right

#1909766 - 05/13/13 04:39 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
guscat Offline
Dumbest Poster on the Board

"I will agree with Timmy on this...KSU probably isn't going to have to share the Baseball title since OU and WVa both struggled last weekend too. That having been said...winning the baseball title this year is like winning a race with a bunch of kids that are using crutches. All of the Texas schools are struggling which is rare...and KSU leads the league by 2 full games by just having a .667 winning percentage."

QFT. 'Cats are on top of the Big 12 standings, and only get ranked 19th in the nation. Conference is definitely having a down year, especially Oklahoma State. It is nice, though, to pull off the triple crown. I never hear KU fans complain about how crappy the competition is when their teams win a conference championship in basketball.

#1909790 - 05/13/13 05:19 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

good gawd

#1909802 - 05/13/13 05:33 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: guscat]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: guscat
"I will agree with Timmy on this...KSU probably isn't going to have to share the Baseball title since OU and WVa both struggled last weekend too. That having been said...winning the baseball title this year is like winning a race with a bunch of kids that are using crutches. All of the Texas schools are struggling which is rare...and KSU leads the league by 2 full games by just having a .667 winning percentage."

QFT. 'Cats are on top of the Big 12 standings, and only get ranked 19th in the nation. Conference is definitely having a down year, especially Oklahoma State. It is nice, though, to pull off the triple crown. I never hear KU fans complain about how crappy the competition is when their teams win a conference championship in basketball.

Oh goody...another KSU fan. If you read my posts...I did say the Big 12 wasn't good in basketball this year or football above. I base this off the NCAA tournament that everyone but KU and ISU was knocked out in the first round. In football we only had 2 decent teams in KSU and OU and both got just worked in their bowl game. The rest of the teams were mediocre at best with us obviously being the worst.

again my $.02.

#1909854 - 05/13/13 07:53 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: dchawkfan]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

How is that irony...that I don't want to talk KSU sports on a KU board? I'll be interested to hear this "highly educated" response. I am assuming you didn't have a good response so decided to keep with your pointless responses...

Run along now...

it's situational irony. you write about never having interest in ksu. what? if you write about k-state, then obviously you have interest. classic situational irony.

#1909896 - 05/13/13 09:16 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
jayhawk02 Offline
Baby Jay

If KU would have swept the cats last weekend, and went on to win the conference, I doubt any KU fan would run a disclaimer about the Big 12 being down. It pains me to say it, but they are right. The Big 12 basketball teams were down this year, but we still thumped our chests after winning it again. Give the kitties their props and move on. If you want them to leave, stop feeding them.

#1910029 - 05/14/13 08:22 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
While I acknowledge the job Brad Hill has done at K-State (very impressive), and acknowledge the Wildcats deservedly sweeping KU ...

Roberto is such an asspony. A guy who couldn't care less about baseball, who couldn't care less about any KSUck sport unless it's doing well, just needs to room with Grandma Gilmore and drink a warm glass of shut the hell up.

#1910097 - 05/14/13 09:21 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
If KSU gets their football, basketball, baseball trifecta, then that IS impressive, no matter the details.

But the details really do lessen the seemingly incredible 3-sport sweep. The football team ended the season getting trounced in 2 of 3 games. The basketball team got stomped by their hated state rival in the Big 12 Tournament Championship game after already having been swept by the Jayhawks, then lost their opening NCAA game in front of a noisy Wildcat crowd. If the baseball team fails to make the college world series, calling 2013 the "Year of the Wildcat" will seem laughable.

#1910120 - 05/14/13 09:32 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: jayhawklouie]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: jayhawklouie
If KSU gets their football, basketball, baseball trifecta, then that IS impressive, no matter the details.

But the details really do lessen the seemingly incredible 3-sport sweep.

... but only in the mind of mythical bird fans.

#1910146 - 05/14/13 09:57 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

Originally Posted By: tmcats
Originally Posted By: jayhawklouie

But the details really do lessen the seemingly incredible 3-sport sweep.

... but only in the mind of mythical bird fans.

perhaps you should poll the other members of the conference

#1910159 - 05/14/13 10:06 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: digitalkookie]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

if you'd go to their boards or listened to sports' radio programming, you'd understand how silly your comments are on the subject, which i understand are not reflective of how you actually feel, but are a statement of your non-rivalry needs.

#1910162 - 05/14/13 10:10 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
oreadical Offline
Resident Duck

Loc: TJ's Fanny Pack
Kietzman doesn't count.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview