Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1904153 - 04/30/13 05:29 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? * [Re: tmcats]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
When did Ksuck last play the Shocks in bball...I really dont know, but I dont think its been for awhile. If so what was the point of timmys post about it, or is he staying even par with once again not having a point.

#1904477 - 05/01/13 11:31 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
nice win over the shox.

#1907332 - 05/07/13 11:46 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

k-state v. kansas series this weekend will tell a lot as to who the league champion will be at season's close. huge series in lawrence.

#1907356 - 05/07/13 12:39 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
oreadical Offline
Resident Duck

Loc: TJ's Fanny Pack
I'll be there on Friday.

#1909283 - 05/12/13 04:07 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

well, perhaps not.

#1909342 - 05/12/13 09:12 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
jayhawk02 Offline
Baby Jay

I will get blasted for this, but KSU baseball is darn good. Congrats to your team Timmy, after the Big 12 tourney, I wish your team the best in the post season. Would love to see a team, other than the SEC usualls, win it all.

#1909386 - 05/12/13 11:26 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
Yeah, I have to give it up to the States. Good baseball they played. They're having a great year.

I cannot stand to watch much college baseball though. It just doesn't do it for me like the pros.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1909426 - 05/13/13 09:05 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

you're both very kind. austin fisher, state's shortstop, is a close family friend. so, these cats have special meaning.

#1909430 - 05/13/13 09:18 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: jayhawk02]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Originally Posted By: jayhawk02
I will get blasted for this, but KSU baseball is darn good. Congrats to your team Timmy, after the Big 12 tourney, I wish your team the best in the post season. Would love to see a team, other than the SEC usualls, win it all.

I went to the first couple of games. KSU is a pretty good team...that having been said. The first game KU put the KSU outfielders against the fence 2 times in the first couple of innings, and hit one off the top of the wall in left with two outs barely missing a HR. We also had a runner get thrown out stealing right before we hit a long home run. KU had our chances and easily could have won the game actually having the game winning run at the plate as the game ended. That having been said...KSU had a lot more chances too. KU could have won by 3 or 4...but we also could have lost by 4 or 5 probably too. Good win for KSU.

KU had them beat in game 2. KU was up 6-0 before the trainwreck 6th inning. Here is how it happened:

1) First batter hits a ground ball at 3rd and KU misplayed it. Hard hit ball...would be a tough play but could have been made...runner on 1st.
2) Here is the play that killed KU...VERY HIGH POP UP to the RF...who didn't see the ball in the sun and stood out there with his hands up for about 3 seconds before moving at all. Then he must have got directed a bit and ran towards the line...but still never saw it and it actually lands behind him for a 2B error. So instead of 2 outs if we made both plays or 1 out and a guy on 1st...we have 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs. Pitcher is justifiably upset and loses focus for a bit. Honestly RF has to make that play...and would make it 99% of the time without the sun being brutal at that point in the afternoon.
3) Walk to load the bases
4) Bean ball forces in a run
5) KSU got a single to left to score 2.

The errors turned the whole game around and gave new life to a KSU team that was basically in trouble in the 6th.

Once KU lost a game that we COULD have won in game 1 and a game that we SHOULD have won in game 2...the last game was predictable.

KSU in my opinion has really strong hitters in about the first 5 spots at a minimum...pretty strong hitting team overall and has a lot of left handed hitters.

I have followed KU baseball for years and have always been a strong supporter of Coach Price...but I kind of wonder if he has brought us as far as he can. We might need some young blood in there. Don't know his contract situation but if Dr. Zenger has any connections with a young up and coming coach in the SEC or something it could be worth a shot. If Price's contract isn't up for a couple of years and has a buyout of any kind then I say no to moving him though. The team is actually pretty close but just doesn't seem to ever get any better. We are always middle of the pack at best in the Big12.

I don't wish KSU luck in anything...so not going to go that route.

Just my $.02 from the park.

#1909480 - 05/13/13 10:44 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
DChawkfan, good post.

I'm okay with the misplay on the hard grounder. That turf is FAST. But the pop up is almost inexcusable, even with the strong breeze.

Sometimes there's just a vibe that it's a team's magical year, and if feels like that for K-State. If they can beat OU this weekend, that'd be pretty cool for them.

I'm already hearing the "trifecta" talk with Staters. Still seems odd to me that K-State "won" the basketball title. Whatever.
A nice year, but compare that to the run KU had in '93 with a Bowl win on Xmas '92, Final Four in April '93, followed by a College World Seires berth.

Or heck, this year's run of KU men's Championship and Big 12 tournament championship, KU women's Sweet Sixteen, and the women's track Championship is arguably as good as K-State's.

And I've just gotta say..."Batcats" is so K-State. Hilarious.

#1909493 - 05/13/13 11:08 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: jayhawklouie]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Originally Posted By: jayhawklouie
DChawkfan, good post.

I'm okay with the misplay on the hard grounder. That turf is FAST. But the pop up is almost inexcusable, even with the strong breeze.

Sometimes there's just a vibe that it's a team's magical year, and if feels like that for K-State. If they can beat OU this weekend, that'd be pretty cool for them.

I'm already hearing the "trifecta" talk with Staters. Still seems odd to me that K-State "won" the basketball title. Whatever.
A nice year, but compare that to the run KU had in '93 with a Bowl win on Xmas '92, Final Four in April '93, followed by a College World Seires berth.

Or heck, this year's run of KU men's Championship and Big 12 tournament championship, KU women's Sweet Sixteen, and the women's track Championship is arguably as good as K-State's.

And I've just gotta say..."Batcats" is so K-State. Hilarious.

I've heard the "trifecta" talk too...and even saw a tweet from a KSU fan named Tyler Dreiling saying "congratulatons Kansas State fans. You have enjoyed the best year in #KState history and it's not even over yet."

They have had a pretty good year...I just think it is ironic that their "best season" finished by getting blown out from the opening kickoff in a bowl game, then getting dominated for the 3rd time by KU in the Big 12 tournament and losing to Lasalle in the 1st round, and then will probably finish by not making it to Omaha.

The KSU fans I know (including one cousin that I don't claim as a family member) are so busy begging for everyone to notice them that they don't realize the irony in that...

Again...my $.02

Go Hawks!
DC

#1909530 - 05/13/13 11:47 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: dchawkfan]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

irony indeed.

fwiw, only texas has pulled off a big12 triple crown. and furthermore, k-state has 'swept' kansas in baseball 4 of the last 7 series. this was not a magical series in that regard. pretty good year, yes.

#1909536 - 05/13/13 11:59 AM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: dchawkfan]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: dchawkfan

The KSU fans I know are so busy begging for everyone to notice them...
DC

THIS. I notice the same thing.

They beat the drum that Snyder is the best coach ever and that K-State's football program is onc of the best in the country, yet they have only 2 league titles. Their 2 best years ended with 2 stinkers (A&M, Purdue in '98 and Baylor/Oregon in '12). And if a sports fan wants to see a BCS trophy in person, they'd have to drive to Lawrence, not Manhattan.

Huggins, Martin and Weber have supposedly made K-State a legit team again, yet there's only 1 trophy to show for it, and it's shared by their rival who score-boarded them 3 times. Then lost to Lasalle in the opening game in front of a loud home crowd!

If the Batcats go to the World Series, it could be argued that it's K-State's greatest sports accomplishment since their Final Four in the mid 60's.

#1909556 - 05/13/13 12:24 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: tmcats]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: ATX
Originally Posted By: tmcats
big12 triple crown.

3 shared championships?

neat

#1909587 - 05/13/13 01:13 PM Re: isn't ku pretty good this year? [Re: digitalkookie]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

baseball may not be nor if it is may not be 'shared.'

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview