Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1891413 - 04/05/13 04:25 PM 20 years ago
and_one Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Colorado
I was sitting at Mike High Stadium for the home opener - 1st game ever for the Rockies. Ist at bat for the Rox, Eric Young hits a dinger. I will never forget that day, now EY Jr plays for the Rox.....

I don't mean this to be a Rockies thread, just enjoying our home opener - what a great time of year for all of us who played in vacant sand lots, school yards, Little League, Pony/Babe Ruth League, etc.

The boyz of summer ......

#1891471 - 04/05/13 06:42 PM Re: 20 years ago [Re: and_one]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Screw da Rockies....bet there was some damm cold spring games in Mile High....unless you were high like a large % of the populace in Colorado...then everything would be smooth sailing dude..

#1891721 - 04/06/13 10:41 AM Re: 20 years ago [Re: and_one]
and_one Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Colorado
note -this was at the old Mile High stadium, not Coors field, I'm sure we all have some warm fuzzies about opening days in our past...

"...That was April 9, 1993, in the Rockies' first home opener. Eric Young Sr. led off the bottom of the first inning with a home run off Montreal's Kent Bottenfield in front of 80,227 fans. The Rockies won 11-4.

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_22967474/young-sr-and-young-jr-at-heart-rockies

Preview