Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#18722 - 01/03/07 05:41 PM Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Notre Dullm
shades Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: South of Paris
Everybody ready for all the hype tonight on how great Notre Dullm will be next season? LSU is an 8.5-point favorite.

From Sports Network:

Irish and Tigers tangle in Sugar Bowl

New Orleans, LA (Sports Network) - Winners of six straight, the fourth- ranked LSU Tigers make the short trip to New Orleans to take on the 11th- ranked Notre Dame Fighting Irish in this year's Sugar Bowl from the Louisiana Superdome.

The Tigers are making their 13th Sugar Bowl appearance (bowl record) and come into the postseason following a 10-2 campaign, marking back-to-back 10- win seasons for the first time in school history. The team opened 2006 with a pair of victories over UL-Lafayette and Arizona before dropping a 7-3 heart- breaker against Auburn. The team then posted another two wins before falling 23-10 at Florida. Six straight wins would leave the team with a 6-2 mark in SEC play, good for a tie with Auburn for second place in the SEC's Western Division. In all, LSU is 18-18-1 in 37 previous postseason games. Last year, the Tigers route Miami-Florida in the Peach Bowl, 40-3. This is the Tigers' seventh straight bowl appearance.

Notre Dame also finished the season at 10-2, with the two setbacks coming against Michigan on September 16th (47-21) and in the regular season finale at USC (44-24). Big wins came against Georgia Tech, Penn State, Michigan State and Purdue. The Irish are looking to get back to .500 in bowl game appearances, as they currently stand at 13-14. Notre Dame has not won a bowl game since the 1994 Cotton Bowl and has dropped eight straight postseason tilts. Last season, Notre Dame dropped a 34-20 decision to Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl.

The Fighting Irish hold a 5-4 edge in the all-time series with LSU and this is just the second time ever that these two programs have met in a bowl game. The first came in the 1997 Independence Bowl, won by LSU, 27-9.

#18723 - 01/03/07 08:18 PM Re: Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Notre Dullm [Re: shades]
Ike Offline
Tigger Hater

Loc: Indiana
I like Notre Dame. I plan on going to college there

#18724 - 01/03/07 08:19 PM Re: Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Notre Dullm [Re: Ike]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

Loc: outside the box
14-7 bayou bengals, end of the 1stQ

ND on the LSU 21 after a fumble....

#18725 - 01/03/07 08:23 PM Re: Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Notre Dullm [Re: tubby]
Ike Offline
Tigger Hater

Loc: Indiana
LSU winning?

#18726 - 01/03/07 08:25 PM Re: Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Notre Dullm [Re: Ike]
shades Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

I like Notre Dame. I plan on going to college there

It's okay to like 'em. We don't penalize you here for that. We try to be tolerant chaps--at least some of the time.

#18727 - 01/03/07 08:25 PM Re: Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Notre Dullm [Re: Ike]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

yalp, 14-7...ND can't convert, LSU ball on their own 20.

#18728 - 01/03/07 08:31 PM Re: Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Notre Dullm [Re: tubby]
shades Offline
Max Falkenstien

LSU QB is one big, bruising dude.

#18729 - 01/03/07 09:29 PM Re: Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Notre Dullm [Re: tubby]
shades Offline
Max Falkenstien

Golden Domers appear over-matched but have shown heart, fighting back to a mere 21-14 halftime deficit.

Pretty good game.

#18730 - 01/03/07 11:05 PM Re: Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Notre Dullm [Re: shades]
holidaysmore Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Notre Dame never had a chance. LSU is to strong and quick for ND to pick up. Every year they are always the most overrated team in college football.

Honestly I am not so sold on Quinn either...

#18731 - 01/03/07 11:19 PM Re: Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Notre Dullm [Re: holidaysmore]
sdoyel Offline
LIKE A BOSS

Loc: Dallas
Looked like Nick Q was calling plays. Notre Dame put themselves in too many 2 and longs where they were forced to run the ball to make the 3rd down easier... But still, they were forced to pass most of the time on 3rd down. How do you abandon a RB who rushes for 100+ in the first half???

#18732 - 01/03/07 11:22 PM Re: Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Notre Dullm [Re: sdoyel]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...
looks like Brady Quinn ended his college career a loser and will start his NFL career a loser as well....

#18733 - 01/03/07 11:27 PM Re: Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Notre Dullm [Re: shades]
yomang Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

has ND even won a bowl game in the last 15 years?

Prediction: ND will be crazily overrated next year just like this year and the year before, and the year before.....

#18734 - 01/04/07 12:01 AM Re: Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Notre Dullm [Re: yomang]
HawkInDaHaus89 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Colorado
I sat at the 35 yd line, 10 rows up in the cotton bowl when ND beat A&M. Its sad that ND has not won a bowl game since. I credit the stubborn ND administration for not heeding Lou's request for admissions to consider 2.0 gpa students on a limited basis. He thought ND on the football field was at a competitive disadvantage considering other schools admissions standards. Lou Holtz was the last great ND coach that could win games.

#18735 - 01/04/07 12:04 AM Re: Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Notre Dullm [Re: HawkInDaHaus89]
HawkInDaHaus89 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Colorado
ND seemed to be running the ball good. I am not sold on Quinn. I hear that ND will be getting a great one next year at QB. think his name is Clausen from Cali. Hopefully, the O line can hold for him.

#18736 - 01/04/07 12:06 AM Re: Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Notre Dullm [Re: HawkInDaHaus89]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

that Clausen has effed with the football gods. didn't he have his signing at the College Football Hall of Fame and arrive in a limo? Ye gods!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview