jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

He took the money...

#18282 - 01/03/07 12:43 PM Re: Nick Saban - New Tide HC [Re: jayhawk154]
MOHAWK Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
I don't blame him one bit.

If someone wants to throw money around like that, take it!

#18283 - 01/03/07 02:31 PM Re: Nick Saban - New Tide HC [Re: MOHAWK]
phoggystyle Offline
Baby Jay

Yeah, no kidding. He was just 12 to 24 months from getting fired at Miami anyway. In the NFL success is fleeting, college is where you can build and maintain. You gotta look out for number 1 in this world (and don't step in #2).

#18284 - 01/03/07 02:38 PM Re: Saban - New Tide HC thoughts from elsewhere [Re: phoggystyle]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

Loc: outside the box
Saban, widely considered a dick by most (don't even ask an MSU Spartie what they think), is very thorough in his preparation, almost to a fault. A classic micro-manager/control freak. In college, a coach can dictate and control every detail of his program, from the personnel decisions to the media's coverage of his team. "Saban spends a lot of time stressing about little things that don't necessarily help you win games in this league. From the smallest details of the game plan on. But that's the way he did it in college, and won, so that's what he knows.''

Also, in the NFL Saban's recruiting skills were somewhat wasted. "He'll win at Alabama because he can recruit,'' one league source told me Tuesday. "That much we know.'' "College coaches have a hard time getting used to the salary cap in the NFL, because in college you could have the No. 1 running back in the country and still go recruit the No. 2 and No. 3 guys. You just stack up good players and then you have all the leverage with them. 'Oh, you don't want to do it my way? Well, I'll just play the next guy.'

Further, in college the season and work year is so much shorter. In the NFL, there's a good team on the schedule every week. In some college programs, you start every year knowing you've got six or seven wins right from the start. The Saban's and Spurrier's hey're just not used to being in a dogfight every week.

#18285 - 01/03/07 03:03 PM Re: Saban - New Tide HC thoughts from elsewhere [Re: tubby]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Loc: 41 N 87 W

#18286 - 01/03/07 03:07 PM Re: Saban - New Tide HC thoughts from elsewhere [Re: kuking123]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

i am actually shocked at the overall poor quality of those chicks. i would have expected much more from a suthun skoo.

#18287 - 01/03/07 03:08 PM Re: Nick Saban - New Tide HC [Re: phoggystyle]
yomang Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Quote:

college is where you can build and maintain

Not a Alabama as of late. They have fired so many coaches in the last decade that they were forced to offer a huge treasure chest of money up front to a top coach. The Alabama faithful had better hope that they can keep their ire in check for a year or two because few will take this job if they should tire of Saban's leadership.

#18288 - 01/03/07 03:09 PM Re: Saban - New Tide HC thoughts from elsewhere [Re: kuking123]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

here are some quality shots of co-eds at various southern schools at tailgates, lots of archived pages. quite nice.

Southern Fried Football.

#18289 - 01/03/07 03:20 PM Re: Saban - New Tide HC thoughts from elsewhere [Re: tubby]
phoggystyle Offline
Baby Jay

nice find, t

#18290 - 01/03/07 05:06 PM Re: Saban - New Tide HC thoughts from elsewhere [Re: phoggystyle]
MOHAWK Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
I need to go see a Clemson game.

#18291 - 01/03/07 05:19 PM Re: Saban - New Tide HC thoughts from elsewhere [Re: MOHAWK]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Loc: 41 N 87 W
Go to an L.S.U. game instead and check out Skip Bertman's daughter.

Preview