Rate This Topic
#18144 - 01/02/07 10:58 PM Boise State Commit List:
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
http://boisestate.rivals.com/commitlist.asp

and OU's:

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/commitlist.asp

Broncos had a great game but good gosh it's alot different doing it week in and week out. We'd kill in the WAC.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

Edited by John_Brown (01/02/07 11:01 PM)

#18145 - 01/02/07 11:15 PM Re: Boise State Commit List: [Re: John_Brown]
Jman1 Offline
Big Dipper

The age old question: Does the easier reg season schedule and not gettin the crap beat out of ya week in and out make the team stronger in the bowl, or are the 4 and 5 star rankings a bit overrated. Boise won the game and that is the fact! If they play the game 9 more times I think OU wins every one. OU jobbed BSU 25-7 in the 2 half before OU got made the fool. Paul Thompson was a JOKE. Have to wonder if he had money on the other side. Even the wife was wondering what was "wrong with that guy"? I told her it was Aaron Brooks syndrome: When in doubt, throw it to the other team.

#18146 - 01/02/07 11:27 PM OU's defensive schemes played..... [Re: Jman1]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

into Boise's strengths. Venables loves to stunt and blitz and stuff opponents. It is an intimidating brand of football. However, if the opposition stays calm, that pressure can be exploited. Boise's QB came close to putting on a clinic on how to deal w/ pressure last night (pic6 kinda ruined that).

#18147 - 01/02/07 11:32 PM Re: OU's defensive schemes played..... [Re: John_Brown]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

Loc: outside the box
i am sure i will get called out for all sorts of crap for this, but in my opinion Oklahoma was a fraud this year. I saw all i need to see in the season opener against freakin' UAB. i loved seeing them go down last night, thought a BCS win would have looked good for the conference, especially after they poo-pooed for weeks after that Oregon replay goof. it's so nice pinning a loss on one stinking play, but those Boomer Biyatchez got what was coming. They back-doored into the BCS because UT laid a huge freaking turd.

#18148 - 01/02/07 11:35 PM Nutting it up after the UT loss.... [Re: tubby]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

and playing into the BCS is pretty doggon good. OU's players are tough and I'm grateful we don't have to play em next year.

#18149 - 01/02/07 11:49 PM Re: Nutting it up after the UT loss.... [Re: John_Brown]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

Loc: outside the box
More like UT played their way out and OU backdoored in. Must feel real good for Toby Keith and the rest of those Rufneks. After their abortion in Mancrappin, they were done. They laid a turd, OU gets in, and plays freaking Nebraska for a BCS bid. I'd love a shot at OU. They are the type of team KU could take down.

#18150 - 01/03/07 12:02 AM I would've like to see.... [Re: tubby]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

a healthy Meiers/Cornish trapping shuttle passes inside OU's stunts. However, I'm afraid Rufus Alexander would've sniffed em out. That guy is gonna make a ton of jack playing football.

#18151 - 01/03/07 08:10 AM Re: I would've like to see.... [Re: John_Brown]
truckerhawk Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Hwy 169
The major sports talk show themes regarding the BSU event are "the fumble" blown call - most of the callers are not buying into that altough the "field crown" photo effect has gotten some play. The other recurring theme is "we'd beat them 9 out ten games". A lot of the callers acknowlege the good play of the Broncos and wonder why their 5 star recruits got beat by a bunch of 2& 3 star recruits. Do you measure "heart" with stars?

#18152 - 01/03/07 08:57 AM Re: Nutting it up after the UT loss.... [Re: John_Brown]
jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

OU was handed the Big XII BCS berth this year and it demonstrates how low the conference is today. NU handed them the crown by digging themselves a hole in the first quarter of that game.

#18153 - 01/03/07 09:08 AM Re: Nutting it up after the UT loss.... [Re: jayhawk154]
TrueBlue Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Lawrence
If Boise does not commit the error on the punt they probably win by a TD or more in regulation. OU got lucky to get back in the game. Turnover margin was only +1 favor OU. I'm taking nothing away from Boise. OU got beat by a tough group of well coached kids and by an imaginative coach. OU had a snowball chance in hell of stopping two point conversion and I think everyone knew it.

#18154 - 01/03/07 09:15 AM Re: Nutting it up after the UT loss.... [Re: TrueBlue]
jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

If Boise does not commit the error on the punt they probably win by a TD or more in regulation. OU got lucky to get back in the game. Turnover margin was only +1 favor OU. I'm taking nothing away from Boise. OU got beat by a tough group of well coached kids and by an imaginative coach. OU had a snowball chance in hell of stopping two point conversion and I think everyone knew it.

"If"...interesting...

The only thing I could think watching that game..."if" Paul Thompson didn't play his worst game of the season, Boise doesn't have a snowball's chance that anyone would be watching in the 4th quarter.

IF...

Oh, two-point conversions are a statistical oddity...so, odds were with OU.

#18155 - 01/03/07 09:27 AM Re: Nutting it up after the UT loss.... [Re: jayhawk154]
TrueBlue Offline

Ahh, players come to play so Paul gagged just like McNabb? And yes the two point conversion statistically is 40% but for the Broncos on that single play, at that point of the game? 100% Scoreboard 154. coulda, shoulda, woulda, does not sell here.

#18156 - 01/03/07 09:34 AM Re: Nutting it up after the UT loss.... [Re: TrueBlue]
jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

Ahh, players come to play so Paul gagged just like McNabb? And yes the two point conversion statistically is 40% but for the Broncos on that single play, at that point of the game? 100% Scoreboard 154. coulda, shoulda, woulda, does not sell here.

scoreboard? Who cares?

That doesn't do anything for the argument that BSU "deserves" squat.

They beat OU, so what?

#18157 - 01/03/07 10:29 AM Re: Nutting it up after the UT loss.... [Re: jayhawk154]
TrueBlue Offline

And they deserved and earned that win. and "so what?" You seem to care. OU sucks and you are making excuses for them you obviously care. Boise had one shot a one of the better Big 12 teams and made the most of it. Simple as that. They should be commended.

#18158 - 01/03/07 10:46 AM Re: Nutting it up after the UT loss.... [Re: TrueBlue]
jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Commended, yes.

Included in a national championship discussion or used as a basis for a playoff system, no.

The only reason I care is this argument that by beating OU, Boise has earned some right to a national championship. I was simply pointing out that a win vs. OU isn't comparable to beating a legitimate top-5 (or top-10 ) team.

#18159 - 01/03/07 10:47 AM Re: Nutting it up after the UT loss.... [Re: jayhawk154]
spacey Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: North Mexico
I thought going into the game Boise was the better team and after watching the game I am sure Boise was the better team.
Boise deserved to play for the title.

#18160 - 01/03/07 10:48 AM Re: Nutting it up after the UT loss.... [Re: jayhawk154]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Loc: 41 N 87 W

#18161 - 01/03/07 10:50 AM Re: Nutting it up after the UT loss.... [Re: spacey]
jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

You're saying they've earned the right to be a top-4 BCS team prior to playing OU or a top-2 BCS team after that game?

#18162 - 01/03/07 10:53 AM Re: Nutting it up after the UT loss.... [Re: spacey]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Loc: 41 N 87 W
Quote:

I thought going into the game Boise was the better team and after watching the game I am sure Boise was the better team.
Boise deserved to play for the title.

Not saying they didn't but not as much as Florida and Ohio State.

#18163 - 01/03/07 11:00 AM Re: Nutting it up after the UT loss.... [Re: kuking123]
jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

The reality of a playoff system for D1 is two-fold:

1. Either the BCS conferences take their ball and go home. Meaning, they create an uber conference alignment (Div A) and forego this entire conversation...

OR

2. There's a "and one" concept implemented where the BCS title game becomes a playoff matchup between the winner of the top-4 BCS' matchups on Jan. 1. So, you'd see LSU (4)/Ohio State (1) & Michigan (3) /Florida (2) play next Monday night.

Either way, there will be whiners, er, winners and losers. It's similar to the NCAA MBB tournament going to a pool of 64, uh, 65...there are still those who feel they've been left out of the fray. The system will never be perfect.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview