Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#17821 - 01/04/07 12:13 AM Re: no one said... [Re: HawkInDaHaus89]
HawkInDaHaus89 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Colorado
Sad that the Big 12 Champ makes history for Boise State. What a terrible year for Big 12 football. I think next year will be a different story with sophomore and junior qb's in the league. That QB from Wake Forest, Skinner as a freshman looked very good although.

#17822 - 01/04/07 12:16 AM Re: no one said... [Re: HawkInDaHaus89]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

Loc: outside the box
OU backdoored into the top spot in the south, then goes on to play a weak UNL team for the BCS berth. i was not impressed with them.

wake had one helluva run, makes me think if they can do it, whay can't KU? crazy thing about Skinner is that he was what....their 3rd string QB? or maybe second, but Ben Mauk went down early in the year (their starter), and then the backup comes in and takes them to the orange and ACC championship. nice nice run by the Deamon Deacs!

#17823 - 01/04/07 12:20 AM Re: no one said... [Re: tubby]
HawkInDaHaus89 Offline
Baby Jay

With Skinner next year, I think WAke could repeat. Mark May said that Wake was a flash in the pan and the FSU's and Miami's would come back with a vengenace. FSU has been down for several years and will be until Bowden steps down. His age is being used against him by other ACC/SEC schools in recruiting battles. He needs to understand this and retire if he wants FSU back on top.

#17824 - 01/04/07 12:25 AM Re: no one said... [Re: HawkInDaHaus89]
shades Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: South of Paris
Quote:

. . . until Bowden steps down. His age is being used against him by other ACC/SEC schools in recruiting battles. He needs to understand this and retire if he wants FSU back on top.

It's hard to leave the glory.

#17825 - 01/04/07 12:30 AM Re: no one said... [Re: shades]
HawkInDaHaus89 Offline
Baby Jay

FSU will never have another title game or even BCS game with Bowden. Like Joe Paterno, Bowden has past his peak/prime. JoePa was at his peak in 96 when Kerry Collins lead them undefeated but Penn State could not play Nebraska for the title because of the bowl arrangement. Nebraska finally beat Miami in the Orange and the voters were more impressed by that win then PSU beating Oregon in the Rose bowl. After the Boise game, we really need an 8 team playoff. Its time.

#17826 - 01/04/07 12:33 AM Re: no one said... [Re: HawkInDaHaus89]
shades Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

After the Boise game, we really need an 8 team playoff. Its time.

Or maybe just a four-team playoff. That would settle most of the arguments.

#17827 - 01/04/07 12:38 AM Re: no one said... [Re: shades]
HawkInDaHaus89 Offline
Baby Jay

4 would be better than nothing but I would like an 8 team playoff. It would let a rogue Boise State compete. After Monday night Boise State had athletes that can compete with anybody. But I will say they did not beat a great OU team. Had Boise State hooked up with the 2000 OU team with Josh Huepel, I don't think Boise wins or is even close. At least in a playoff format, the speculation is nonexistent.

#17828 - 01/04/07 12:44 AM Re: no one said... [Re: HawkInDaHaus89]
shades Offline
Max Falkenstien

The gadget plays look great in practice--and sometimes they even work in games. Even the pros are afraid to throw many halfback option passes, which often result in interceptions. That was Boise's magic night.

They need to enjoy it. It may not happen again for a long time.

#17829 - 01/04/07 10:13 AM wrong.... [Re: HawkInDaHaus89]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
Quote:

4 would be better than nothing but I would like an 8 team playoff. It would let a rogue Boise State compete.

final bcs ranking had bsu at #9. they would not have qualified in an 8 team playoff system.

#17830 - 01/04/07 11:13 AM Re: no one said... [Re: shades]
Jphog Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence
Boise didn't run hardly any trick plays throughout the whole game until the last play of regulation and then they started using them like crazy in overtime. My main point is they stood toe to toe, and were winning for the most part in regulation against Oklahoma.

#17831 - 01/04/07 11:15 AM Re: no one said... [Re: Jphog]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

Loc: outside the box
i would hope they could go toe to toe with OU, easily the biggest fraud of the BCS teams this year. they backdoored into the top spot in the south, then go on to play a weak UNL team for the BCS berth. i was not impressed with them at all this season.

#17832 - 01/04/07 01:09 PM Re: wrong.... [Re: tmcats]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Quote:

Quote:

4 would be better than nothing but I would like an 8 team playoff. It would let a rogue Boise State compete.

final bcs ranking had bsu at #9. they would not have qualified in an 8 team playoff system.

So the BCS rankings are the only thing you would use to determine who plays in an eight-team playoff? Doesn't matter if you win a conference title?

#17833 - 01/04/07 02:09 PM Re: no one said... [Re: tubby]
Phog4ever Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Hawk Heaven
I'd say Notre Lame was the biggest BCS fraud of the year

#17834 - 01/04/07 02:29 PM Re: wrong.... [Re: jaihaux]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
i would use the bcs system in some form. winning a conference would be extreme low on the point system. why should ou get beans relative to other conference winners like ohio state or usc. and what if the skers had beat ou in the big12 c'ship? yikes.

wins and sos would be my only two areas of interest.

#17835 - 01/04/07 02:39 PM Re: wrong.... [Re: tmcats]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Quote:

i would use the bcs system in some form. winning a conference would be extreme low on the point system. why should ou get beans relative to other conference winners like ohio state or usc. and what if the skers had beat ou in the big12 c'ship? yikes.

wins and sos would be my only two areas of interest.

So in an eight-team playoff, would pre-Oklahoma Boise State been in? I'd say yes.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview