Quote:

Same as previous years..

Ground Rules:
-------------
- Lowest Score after season will be the "winner." There may be a prize aside from bragging rights.

- There will be 2 seasons - pre-season and normal season. Big XII and NCAA's will be part of "normal season".

- Predictions must be made BEFORE the start of the game. The prediction threads will be locked at the start of each game.

- Hint - KUsports.com allows 10 hours to change your scores. If you think you will change it, don't enter your score until 9 hours before game time!.

- (1) prediction per member. If there is more than one post, you will be awarded the higher of the scores.

- NO excess commentary in the prediction. This is to make it simple to record scores.

- SCORES MUST BE IN THIS FORMAT -
KU -
Opponent -

This allows easy entry into the spreadsheet. If I have to read about how the sheep affect the score or other nonsense, your score just might get ignored

Scoring:
--------
We will use the same point system as prior years.

The points you receive will be based on two factors: margin of victory and actual score.

Margin of victory is weighted twice as much as the actual score. Absolute value of the difference is used.

Low points are desired.

Example:
--------
Predicted score:
Kansas - 80
Memphis - 67

Actual:
Kansas - 75
Memphis - 68

Margin of victory:
------------------
Predicted (80-67) = 13
Actual (75-68) = 7

Points = (13-7)*2 = 12

Actual Score:
-------------
KU (80-75) = 5
Memphis (68-67) = 1

Again absolute value of the numbers are used so no negatives!

Total Score:
------------
12 + 5 + 1 = 18

I know it sounds complicated, but its all programed in the excel spreadsheets.

Exceptions:
-----------
- If you incorrectly choose the winner of the game you will receive a score of 100.

- You will receive a score of -50 points for guessing the EXACT score for each team. Remember, low score = good.

- If you do not guess a score for a game, you will receive a penalty of 200 points.

Sorry this took so long to get put up. Anyways, if enough people participate, I may just put a prize out for the winner.