Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#17663 - 01/02/07 08:09 AM ATTN: Ryan Greene.....
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...
Is there a reason why thre is no mention of the Bonnie Holiday Basketball Camp which was held Monday 1/1/07 ANYWHERE on the site? KUATHLETICS.com has an article (3 small poorly written paragraphs and 10 photos), but it has an article. There sure was mention about the Men's Holiday clinic in an article with video and I am sure there was mention in a "notebook" somewhere to. Yeah there was not 500 particiapants but I would say there was a good 100-150 kids there. Bonnie even told me there was 40-50 walk-ups, which is not bad for seeing almost no advertisements for the clinic/camp except at the games themselves.

And why we are at it, why are there never any updates on the front page during Womens games? Yeah there are not blowing out Winston-Salem State by 60 points, but updates would be nice.

#17664 - 01/02/07 09:04 AM Re: ATTN: Ryan Greene..... [Re: brando]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Loc: 41 N 87 W
Brando - You are 100% correct for starting this thread. If you have not learned that KUSPorts.com is (for the most part) only good for the Message Boards by now - you may never learn. Thus the reason for my past desire to put in a bid for the "World Company" and turn it in to the Gutter World. I do think Ryan Green has the potential to help turn this site in to what it should and can become. It has potential but I hope it doesn't lose in the first round.

Edited by kuking123 (01/02/07 09:12 AM)

#17665 - 01/02/07 12:02 PM Re: ATTN: Ryan Greene..... [Re: kuking123]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

Loc: outside the box
Let me get this straight....y'all are calling out the J-dub for not having an article on a basketball clinic that was held on new year's day by the women's basketball team? By my count, 6 KU sports have their own designated boards on KUSports.com, one is not a varsity sport (bowling). Women's bball ranks 4th of the 6 in terms of popularity (operationally defined for this purpose as number of threads). maybe it was because Dolph gave the staff the day off yesterday. maybe it was because 99% of the public doesn't buy the LJW or come to KUSports.com to read about KU Women's bball. maybe it's because this really wasn't a newsworthy event. who knows, but geez....it is apparent there aren't that many business savvy folks around these parts.

that said, i think the LJW and KUSports do an amazing job. go take a look at some other college town newspaper sites. you will crap yourself when you see how awful their newspapers (print and online versions) are.

#17666 - 01/02/07 12:25 PM Re: ATTN: Ryan Greene..... [Re: tubby]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

tubby...

My point is that the lack of coverage for Women's sports is pathetic. I know the popularity is not there for WBB like there is for mens sports or other women's sports. There was a LJW photographer there yesterday, so I know there was coverage.

#17667 - 01/02/07 12:27 PM Re: ATTN: Ryan Greene..... [Re: brando]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

DOn't worry so much my man. It was New Year's day, this sort of thing isn't incredibly time sensitive. I betcha you'll see a blurb on it tomorrow or by Wednesday. wonder who that photographer pissed off to get that assignment.

#17668 - 01/02/07 12:58 PM Re: ATTN: Ryan Greene..... [Re: tubby]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Loc: 41 N 87 W
Quote:

Let me get this straight....y'all are calling out the J-dub for not having an article on a basketball clinic that was held on new year's day by the women's basketball team? By my count, 6 KU sports have their own designated boards on KUSports.com, one is not a varsity sport (bowling). Women's bball ranks 4th of the 6 in terms of popularity (operationally defined for this purpose as number of threads). maybe it was because Dolph gave the staff the day off yesterday. maybe it was because 99% of the public doesn't buy the LJW or come to KUSports.com to read about KU Women's bball. maybe it's because this really wasn't a newsworthy event. who knows, but geez....it is apparent there aren't that many business savvy folks around these parts.

that said, i think the LJW and KUSports do an amazing job. go take a look at some other college town newspaper sites. you will crap yourself when you see how awful their newspapers (print and online versions) are.

I think this site - forgetting the LJW - Is not that bad at all. It could use some obvious improvements. I Call it constructive criticism but IN THE PAST when I have pointed out numerous times some of the flaws - I get thank you responses and concerned responses but see no improvements or the problems corrected. A perfect example was when I called the phone number listed for Andy Samuelson and was told that was his number a year ago and it has been changed. I monitored the board to see if they changed his number after making it known and they didn't change it. Just one small example as well as clicking on a past schedule and not having the info available. One more thing is not having stats available from a game for sometimes at least 2 days after the game was played. I know these are little things to be bitching about but why not fix them?

#17669 - 01/02/07 01:14 PM Re: ATTN: Ryan Greene..... [Re: kuking123]
hawk61 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: somewhere watching a KU game
I totally agree with brando on this subject.

#17670 - 01/02/07 01:22 PM Re: ATTN: Ryan Greene..... [Re: hawk61]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

i am surprised they didn't roll out an EXTRA! EXTRA! evening run last night on this. Y'all need to simmer. This will get a blurb in the paper by Wednesday at the latest.

#17671 - 01/02/07 01:27 PM Re: ATTN: Ryan Greene..... [Re: tubby]
hawk61 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: somewhere watching a KU game
I have seen the coverage the women get on here...Not Much.

#17672 - 01/02/07 02:23 PM Re: ATTN: Ryan Greene..... [Re: tubby]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

wonder who that photographer pissed off to get that assignment.

does that mean I pissed someone off to take my daughter to the camp?

#17673 - 01/02/07 02:25 PM Re: ATTN: Ryan Greene..... [Re: brando]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

no, not at all. i am just saying that i think the clinic on new year's day assignment is not very highly sought after. it was kind of a joke.

#17674 - 01/02/07 03:39 PM Re: ATTN: Ryan Greene..... [Re: tubby]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

no, not at all. i am just saying that i think the clinic on new year's day assignment is not very highly sought after. it was kind of a joke.

It was the same photographer that is at ALL the men's games...

nice try tubby....

#17675 - 01/02/07 04:44 PM Re: ATTN: Ryan Greene..... [Re: brando]
Ike Offline
Tigger Hater

Loc: Indiana
Ur rite! They had sumthin last yr I think

#17676 - 01/02/07 07:04 PM Re: ATTN: Ryan Greene..... [Re: Ike]
The_Vock Offline
big, brave man

Loc: Roeland Park, KS
It's unfortunate that some people can never be happy. Greene has made the Web site much better since he's been at kusports.com, which is what, four months now? Not even that...

Give the guy some time, and more importantly, a little respect.

#17677 - 01/02/07 09:04 PM Re: ATTN: Ryan Greene..... [Re: The_Vock]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

but the lack of coverage for womens sports has been going on longer than 4 months....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview