Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#17619 - 01/02/07 11:52 PM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: NotAPuke]
Merg311 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Hays, KS
Quote:

Comparing scores is a fools game. Boise won against OSU on the Smurf Turf, OSU beat USC in Corvallis. If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Coaching and talent would favor USC, Ohio State, Michigan, LSU, and others over the BSU team. Would all of them win, maybe not, but they played a schedule worthy of a MNC. Take the 13-0 and be happy.

Oh I hear ya man...but until there's a playoff, what more can one do than compare scores. Boise State seems to execute in crunch time year in and year out. They know how to win close games, they know how to win PERIOD. I've been a BSU fan for about 4 years now. They're an extremely fun team to watch and always have a wide open playbook(something I havent seen out of the Jayhawks for years), but as long as they play in the WAC or until there is a playoff, no one will ever really know how they stack up to the Ohio State's and USC's of Div 1A.

#17620 - 01/02/07 11:59 PM If it were up to me.... [Re: tubby]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
I'd dump the Big 12 championship and the bowls. They already devalue the regular season of Div 1a football. They devalue what it means for KU to win the Border War. When Gameball lost in Larryville to Missoura in 2001, the thing that really pissed me off were KU players stating losing that game mattered only in it's effect on KU's post season hopes. What a crock of S&^%t. That is the reason Gameball had to hit the road in my opinion. KU Football begins and ends w/ beating the HE!! outta Missoura. Everything else is secondary.

That being said, the championship game/bowls exist and aren't going away. Only thing I can do is stand here like William Buckley in the midst of history and scream 'STOP' and 'GO BACK'. I supposed screaming and yelling at the masses are what an Osawatomie Brown should do best.

And, one more thing, to hell w/ fans from other teams and their opinions on the Red Legger Football Club/Fans. They can all kiss my arse. We'll do it our way w/ our values and our traditions. KU has national championships in other sports. It's fun but is somewhat over-the-top w/ the hype and whatnot. Kinda distasteful in my opinion.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#17621 - 01/03/07 12:03 AM Kansas: NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!?????? [Re: Merg311]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

Loc: outside the box
WAIT a minute!!! I do like this comparing scores thing!!!!

Lookie here. As long as FLORIDA beats Ohio State, Kansas has a claim to the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

Florida lost to Auburn
Auburn lost to Georgia
Georgia lost to Vandy
Vandy lost to Alabama
Alabama lost to Mississippi State
MSU lost to Tulane
Tulane lost to Marshall
Marshall lost to Kansas State

and yes.....Silo Tech lost to the 2006-07 NATIONAL CHAMPION KANSAS JAYHAWKS!!!!!!

Come on, Florida Gators! Beat OSU and Kansas is the NATIONAL CHAMPION!!!!!!!!

#17622 - 01/03/07 12:07 AM Re: Kansas: NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!?????? [Re: tubby]
Merg311 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Ridiculous Tubby... but if thats what it takes for KU to win the title, so be it!

#17623 - 01/03/07 08:52 AM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: Merg311]
jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

Quote:

Comparing scores is a fools game. Boise won against OSU on the Smurf Turf, OSU beat USC in Corvallis. If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Coaching and talent would favor USC, Ohio State, Michigan, LSU, and others over the BSU team. Would all of them win, maybe not, but they played a schedule worthy of a MNC. Take the 13-0 and be happy.

Oh I hear ya man...but until there's a playoff, what more can one do than compare scores. Boise State seems to execute in crunch time year in and year out. They know how to win close games, they know how to win PERIOD. I've been a BSU fan for about 4 years now. They're an extremely fun team to watch and always have a wide open playbook(something I havent seen out of the Jayhawks for years), but as long as they play in the WAC or until there is a playoff, no one will ever really know how they stack up to the Ohio State's and USC's of Div 1A.

There was a day when independents would schedule enormous games in the non-con portion of their schedules to ensure this argument never held water. Apparently, Boise didn't get the memo...

Face it, if they played in a BCS conference they would be no better than 10-3 and this argument would be moot. If you watched the OSU/USC game you wouldn't be using that as a comparison point, either. USC pissed down their collective leg in that one.

#17624 - 01/03/07 08:26 PM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: jayhawk154]
Ike Offline
Tigger Hater

Loc: Indiana
The BIG 12 is not a weak conferance IB. I can guarentee u we would be 3-6 now if ISU were bowling.

#17625 - 01/03/07 11:54 PM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: jayhawk154]
Merg311 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

There was a day when independents would schedule enormous games in the non-con portion of their schedules to ensure this argument never held water. Apparently, Boise didn't get the memo...

Face it, if they played in a BCS conference they would be no better than 10-3 and this argument would be moot. If you watched the OSU/USC game you wouldn't be using that as a comparison point, either. USC pissed down their collective leg in that one.

I did happen to watch the USC-OSU game. How do you figure USC pissed down their leg? Seemed to me that OSU made enough plays to win and after USC got back in it(like they always do), OSU made 1 more stop on the 2 pt conversion. They earned it, USC does not give games away.

I do agree with you on Boise State, say they went through an SEC type schedule, they would have 3-5 losses, I get that. I remember last year they did go down to Athens to play Georgia, didnt turn out so well for them. I dont know if their schedule is set for next year, but I would definitely like to see them against other power conference teams in the future.

#17626 - 01/04/07 12:05 AM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: Merg311]
jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

My memory was USC turning it over alot and OSU playing near-perfect. USC gave up a punt return for a TD. Also, USC missed several 3rd-down conversions which is unusual for them.

#17627 - 01/04/07 10:39 AM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: NotAPuke]
prairie_dog Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Shawnee, Kansas
Yeah, the big 12 is weak, but look at the bright side: we're not as overrated as Notre Lame.

#17628 - 01/04/07 11:12 AM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: Merg311]
trojanhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: LA, CA
Quote:

I did happen to watch the USC-OSU game. How do you figure USC pissed down their leg? Seemed to me that OSU made enough plays to win and after USC got back in it(like they always do), OSU made 1 more stop on the 2 pt conversion.

They definitely hurt themselves in this game. OSU helped, but this was just an old-fashioned USC meltdown.

Quote:

USC does not give games away.

Just like Kansas, the Trojans do choke away wins.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview