Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#17604 - 01/02/07 12:08 AM The Big 12 is weak ...period!
iowaboy Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Texas squeeks one out over the 8th best team in the Big 10, Nebraska lays a turd, and Oklahoma can't put away a team of 2-3 star players with all their money and presitge. Good grief, the Big 12 was poor representatives of themselves this year. KSU gets blown out, Tech wins over the 7th best team in the Big 10 after coming from behind 31 points. Only Okie State should be proud. IB

#17605 - 01/02/07 12:09 AM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: iowaboy]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

Loc: outside the box
it only took until january 1 for you to figure this out? the big 12 went 3-5 in the bowl season. not great, but a bit better than the big11.

#17606 - 01/02/07 12:10 AM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: tubby]
phoggystyle Offline
Baby Jay

Weak indeed. Sadly, IB, we're both still on the outside of the weak bowl performance....always next year!

#17607 - 01/02/07 12:13 AM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: iowaboy]
shades Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: South of Paris
Another couple of seasons like this one and they may need to rename it the Teeny-weeny 12.

#17608 - 01/02/07 12:16 AM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: shades]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

bowl records by conference, thus far:

Atlantic Coast (8 teams in) 4-3
Big 12 (8) 3-5
Big East (5) 3-0
Big Ten (7) 2-4
Conference USA (5) 0-4
Independents (I-A) (2) 0-1
Mid-American (4) 1-1
Mountain West (4) 3-1
Pacific-10 (6) 3-3
Southeastern (9) 4-3
Sun Belt (2) 1-1
Western Athletic (4) 3-1

#17609 - 01/02/07 08:36 AM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: tubby]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
I was torn watching Oklahoma/Boise State, but I guess I'm happy for the Boise State (a Broncos team that doesn't choke). And if I had a vote and Florida wins next week, I'd vote Boise State No. 1.

Nebraska didn't do bad against a good Auburn team. Other than the Huskers, no Big 12 team played well. I guess Okie State was OK. K-State was a disgrace and so was A&M. Tech had to rally against a poor Minnesota team but at least won.

#17610 - 01/02/07 08:59 AM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: jaihaux]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Loc: 41 N 87 W
jaihaux - I agree that BSU deserves consideration for being #1 but then I remember that if Florida beats OSU they would have beaten #1 and also won 7 regular season games against Bowl teams as well. BUT of course they still lost a game. Too bad BSU couldn't have played Ohio State. But then if BSU won and Florida beat Michigan, USC, LSU, (they already did beat them once) or whomever they played - they would probably be voted #1. The BCS and college Football needs a playoff system. Period.

#17611 - 01/02/07 04:25 PM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: iowaboy]
mizzouisbad Offline
Prairie Warrior

BIG XII IS YOUNG. In another year or two we'll be talking about how Kick A$$ the BIG XII is. Alot of young teams out there, and alot of new coaches.

#17612 - 01/02/07 11:22 PM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: mizzouisbad]
Jman1 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

After the BSU W against OU they should play for the NC. THEY ARE 13-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and beat the BXII champion. Do I think they beat OSU? No, but I didn't think they would beat OU. I think the Boise win goes a LONG WAY for the argument of a true NC game.

#17613 - 01/02/07 11:26 PM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: Jman1]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Not after watching USC hammer Michigan. Either would handle the Smurf Turfs. Take your 13-0 and be happy.

#17614 - 01/02/07 11:34 PM Why? [Re: Jman1]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
Boise had a great bowl. Take it and all that goes w/ it.

MNC means very little. It's just media hype. The important thing is the Games and all of the excitement that goes w/ a great bowl game. KU playing and winning the Big 12 Norte and getting a shot in the Big 12 Championship Game means absolutely everything to me. Ohio Stat/UFla is just a diversion on the radio next week.

College football is about the regular season. Period. Mizzou/KU is HUGE. That loss destroyed KU's season. Had UNL lost to KU, we'd have destroyed their season. That is how it should be. A playoff system would destroy college football's regular season.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#17615 - 01/02/07 11:40 PM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: NotAPuke]
Merg311 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Hays, KS
Quote:

Not after watching USC hammer Michigan. Either would handle the Smurf Turfs. Take your 13-0 and be happy.

Keep in mind Boise State ripped Oregon State 42-14 early in the year. The same Oregon State team that took out USC. I think BSU gives any of the top 5 teams a game that isnt decided until the clock shows 0:00

#17616 - 01/02/07 11:41 PM win one for JB, Hawks!!!! [Re: John_Brown]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

Sounds like a guy that's a fan of a school that hasn't ever won a national championship or even sniffed one in 50 years.

I completely get what you are saying, but this is the kind of post that flamers from other schools come on and take back to their place and they just laugh and laugh and laugh at the clueless KU fans for weeks.

The NC means nothing....just a diversion....the implication that KU/MU is bigger than a NC..... truly great stuff, I'll have a double of what he's having!

your point regarding the importance and intimacy of the regular season is noted. nothing quite like those 12 saturdays (or whatever day ESPN is showing a game) in the Fall. your logic kinda falls apart....KU having a shot at the Big 12 championship game would kind of mean they would be somewhat close to a NC game....but all of the sudden that wouldn't matter?

anyway, i get what you are saying in a few places, but again....i feel so badly for you, KU needs to bring you to the Dr. Pepper Big 12 game and onto a BCS game baby! You will die!!!!

#17617 - 01/02/07 11:43 PM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: Merg311]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

man, that means if MU held on against the Beavers, they'd be the default National Champs? or does that mean since MU only lost by 1 to OSU and OSU beat USC, MU would beat USC and.....

.....I hate the logic based on comparing how other teams did against other opponents. Always at least a talking point, but trying to draw too deep of inferences from it is just silly.

#17618 - 01/02/07 11:46 PM Re: The Big 12 is weak ...period! [Re: Merg311]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Comparing scores is a fools game. Boise won against OSU on the Smurf Turf, OSU beat USC in Corvallis. If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Coaching and talent would favor USC, Ohio State, Michigan, LSU, and others over the BSU team. Would all of them win, maybe not, but they played a schedule worthy of a MNC. Take the 13-0 and be happy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview