Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1738275 - 08/05/12 04:39 PM "Frenchy" mobbed on the field
HenryMiller Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Big Sur, CA
for hitting into what should have been a 5-4-3 double play that the third baseman threw into right field. Winning run scores. Royals win the pennant.

#1738276 - 08/05/12 04:42 PM Re: "Frenchy" mobbed on the field [Re: HenryMiller]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
LOL...clearly this enough to get him back in the lineup everyday and keep Will Myers down. Frenchy is RAKING!

#1738277 - 08/05/12 04:43 PM Re: "Frenchy" mobbed on the field [Re: jayhwk01]
HenryMiller Offline
Prairie Warrior

I'm sick of the lack of professionalism exhibited these days...every time there's a walk-off, even the worst team acts like it won the [censored] pennant...even when it "won" the game on a double gift, two errors. MLB players act and play like Little Leaguers these days.

#1738278 - 08/05/12 05:03 PM Re: "Frenchy" mobbed on the field [Re: HenryMiller]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Quote:

I'm sick of the lack of professionalism exhibited these days...every time there's a walk-off, even the worst team acts like it won the [censored] pennant...even when it "won" the game on a double gift, two errors. MLB players act and play like Little Leaguers these days.

I agree with this. The home plate celebrations have become pretty ridiculous.
I kind of feel the same about end zone celebrations. I am okay with spiking the ball and what not but the team mobbings and 5 team member dances are kind of silly.

#1738279 - 08/05/12 05:06 PM Re: "Frenchy" mobbed on the field [Re: jayhwk01]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Loc: KC, MO
And of course "stay off my lawn."

#1738280 - 08/05/12 05:12 PM Re: "Frenchy" mobbed on the field [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Quote:

ummm okay?

#1738281 - 08/05/12 06:04 PM Re: "Frenchy" mobbed on the field [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

Followed by "this is mine now".

Damn kids.

#1738282 - 08/05/12 10:09 PM Re: "Frenchy" mobbed on the field [Re: jayhwk01]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Quote:

Quote:

I agree with this. The home plate celebrations have become pretty ridiculous.
I kind of feel the same about end zone celebrations. I am okay with spiking the ball and what not but the team mobbings and 5 team member dances are kind of silly.

I wonder if the players parents take them out for ice cream after the game.

#1738283 - 08/06/12 03:05 AM Re: "Frenchy" mobbed on the field [Re: jammahawk]
tyler Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Lawrence
Yall are old. You never know when or where your next win is going to come. These guys enjoy the game and enjoy winning, otherwise they would have never gotten into the position they are in. Plus winning a game in a walk-off fashion is just plain exciting. Baseball is the one main stream sport without a set and determined time allotment for game play, which in turn means you dont ever truly know when the game will end until it does. So when it does, emotions come out. Let the guys enjoy the moment.

Next, we're gonna have a complaint as to why pitcher dont typically show more emotion after throwing a no-hitter/perfect game.

#1738284 - 08/06/12 06:50 AM Re: "Frenchy" mobbed on the field [Re: tyler]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
I feel sorry for anyone that didn't live through part of the golden age of baseball.

#1738285 - 08/06/12 11:34 AM Re: "Frenchy" mobbed on the field [Re: jammahawk]
JHAWKinKY Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Back Where I Belong
Ray Schalk played in the golden age of baseball, before PED's and gay athletes.

#1738286 - 08/06/12 12:31 PM Re: "Frenchy" mobbed on the field [Re: jammahawk]
HenryMiller Offline
Prairie Warrior

Quote:

I feel sorry for anyone that didn't live through part of the golden age of baseball.

Yeah, me too. Baseball started dying in the late 1980s and it has been on life support ever since. The game really started to go to hell around the time of LaRussa's A's.

Preview