Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1727525 - 07/10/12 01:15 PM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Sorry, forgot to add the Cowboys.

And I think there is a difference between being a MJ fan and being a Bulls fan. I loved MJ (who didn't), but I never considered myself a Bulls fan. I just respected the hell out of MJ's game and enjoyed watching the GOAT play.

#1727526 - 07/10/12 01:18 PM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: WaHawk04]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Loc: KC, MO
Correct. MJ just happened to play for the Bulls.

It's much difference than the Olathe trash turning into Yankees fans b/c the Royals suck and they wanted to look like Fred Durst w/ a backwards red NY hat.

#1727527 - 07/10/12 01:20 PM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

I think they were all just doing it for the nookie or something....

#1727528 - 07/10/12 02:20 PM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: WaHawk04]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Don't mess with the Bizkit.

#1727529 - 07/10/12 02:42 PM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: christgs80]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
You folks have no idea about classless fans. Imagine for a moment that the HR Derby was held at CitiPark in NY and that no Met, ie David Wright was chosen for te Derby after it was promised it would happen. What do you think the result would have been? Boos would be considered mild. God help us if it was in Philly without a Phillie chosen. At least KC fans showed they give a damn. Now if they would only boycott the "K" until Glass sells the team.

#1727530 - 07/10/12 04:04 PM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: NotAPuke]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Quote:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The booing of beleaguered Home Run Derby captain Robinson Cano finally had faded by Tuesday afternoon. But the aftermath could cause Major League Baseball to consider a new rule to include at least one hometown slugger in future Home Run Derbies, commissioner Bud Selig said Tuesday.

The booing of Cano was inspired by his failure to pick Kansas City All-Star Billy Butler for the Derby after pledging earlier this month to include a Royal. Last year's National League captain, Prince Fielder, received similar treatment in Phoenix for not picking Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Justin Upton.

So Selig conceded those displays of "hometown loyalty" could spark changes to head off similar outbursts in future Derbies.

"We'll talk about this (potential rule change)," Selig said during his annual session with the Baseball Writers Association of America. "While I understand (the feelings of fans in) Kansas City ... I felt very badly last night. I felt badly last year for Prince. This was tough."

When another questioner observed the heat -- and boos -- could even intensify next year with the game scheduled for Citi Field in New York, Selig again lamented Monday's episode.

"It won't be any worse than last night," he said. "You can only boo so loud. ... But let me just say, we'll think about that."

http://espn.go.com/mlb/allstar12/story/_...son-cano-booing

#1727531 - 07/10/12 04:58 PM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
kumath Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Quote:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The booing of beleaguered Home Run Derby captain Robinson Cano http://espn.go.com/mlb/allstar12/story/_...son-cano-booing[/url]

Give me a f*cking break....

#1727532 - 07/10/12 05:27 PM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: kumath]
alexoobers Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

#1727533 - 07/10/12 08:07 PM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: alexoobers]
KU76erfan Offline
Better than Liberace

Loc: Cygnus X-1
Bill Douschke was the lone disparaging voice on ATH about the booing.

#1727534 - 07/11/12 02:10 AM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: KU76erfan]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

And to the credit of the other three, they gave Plaschke the business about being opposed to it.

#1727535 - 07/11/12 07:12 AM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: christgs80]
BigDipper05 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Stay classy KC:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/allstar12/story/_...-yelling-family

What a disaster of an all star break for KC. The game was horrible, and the low class Royals fans embarrassed themselves big time on national tv showing the country how massive their inferiority complex is. They threw the biggest hissy fit of all time because their fat slob of an all star (who never would have been one anyway if all teams weren't required to have one) didn't get invited into the derby.

They are now waking up this morning to the realization that baseball in KC is now back to irrelevancy for the next 40 or 50 years or whenever the next all star game comes back, and they'll be stuck at home in October year in year out rooting for whoever the Yanks are playing. BOOOOOOOO!!!!

#1727536 - 07/11/12 07:23 AM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: BigDipper05]
KU76erfan Offline
Better than Liberace

Loc: Cygnus X-1
You must love being a Yankee fan.

#1727537 - 07/11/12 08:45 AM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: BigDipper05]
kumath Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Quote:

Stay classy KC:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/allstar12/story/_...-yelling-family

What a disaster of an all star break for KC. The game was horrible, and the low class Royals fans embarrassed themselves big time on national tv showing the country how massive their inferiority complex is. They threw the biggest hissy fit of all time because their fat slob of an all star (who never would have been one anyway if all teams weren't required to have one) didn't get invited into the derby.

They are now waking up this morning to the realization that baseball in KC is now back to irrelevancy for the next 40 or 50 years or whenever the next all star game comes back, and they'll be stuck at home in October year in year out rooting for whoever the Yanks are playing. BOOOOOOOO!!!!

This article just shows how far up the Yankees' ass ESPN is. It's a non sequitor. He got booed for a low class move on his part. Thank God no one threw batteries at him from the upper deck....

Why can't fans boo? Are fans just supposed to take whatever is given to them without complaint? Eat [censored] and call it caviar?

Cano brought ALL of this upon himself by pulling a d!ck move when he said PUBLICLY that he would select a local player, then backed out of it, THEN lied about it. You get booed for doing something like that. It's not about being a Yankee, it's about life. Hell, if he had more than Kauffman-Stadium-Warning-Track-Power-That-Gets-Out-Of-Yankee-Stadium and actually hit a home run or two, the booing would have subsided and ESPN would have had to find something else to write 30 garbage articles about.

Edited by kumath (07/11/12 08:53 AM)

#1727538 - 07/11/12 08:58 AM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: kumath]
georgiahawk Offline
John Brown

Who ownes the Marilyn Monroe titties that were behind home plate last night?

#1727539 - 07/11/12 09:13 AM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: georgiahawk]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Whoever bought and had them installed is my guess.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview