Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1727510 - 07/10/12 10:40 AM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: BigDipper05]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
Quote:

Its still funny to me how many KU fans actually root for a Missouri team when it comes to MLB. And a horrible, bush league, trashy team at that.

Some of us fell in love with the team and their players when they were good. For a ten year stretch from '76-'85, they were arguably the best team in all of baseball.

I consider the Royals a Kansas City team, not a Missouri team.

#1727511 - 07/10/12 10:42 AM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: jayhawklouie]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Loc: KC, MO
Quote:

I consider the Royals a Kansas City team, not a Missouri team.

And so does KU, KU Hospitals and Bill Self.

#1727512 - 07/10/12 10:48 AM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Dipper hates Bill Self....I knew it.

#1727513 - 07/10/12 10:49 AM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: BigDipper05]
kumath Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Quote:

Way to go KC. Most trashiest fanbase in MLB.

I don't want to come down too hard on you, but you don't know what the f*ck you are talking about.

Royals fans (and yes, I actually know them) are about as far from trashy as any fan base there is.

What's really funny about the whole thing is that if Robinson Cano, in all his glory, would have actually hit a home run, the booing would have subsided. The crowd fed on his absolutely pathetic performance. Hence, it was hilarious.

#1727514 - 07/10/12 10:53 AM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: kumath]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
Quote:

What's really funny about the whole thing is that if Robinson Cano, in all his glory, would have actually hit a home run, the booing would have subsided. The crowd fed on his absolutely pathetic performance. Hence, it was hilarious.

Good point!

#1727515 - 07/10/12 11:26 AM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: jayhawklouie]
FELONY Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: HEART OF THE NATION
Rough Night for Robinson Cano
By TYLER KEPNER

Robinson Cano, who won last year’s Home Run Derby, went homerless in 10 swings Monday as fans booed him heavily. Cano was the captain of the A.L. team and did not pick Kansas City’s Billy Butler, despite having said that he hoped to take a Royal.

“You know fans,” Cano said. “This is for the fans and that’s what they want.”

Cano said the booing did not bother him. He said he had no excuses for failing to homer, but noted he landed in Kansas City at 4:30 a.m., after a night game in Boston. Cano explained that he had to make his selections — Jose Bautista, Prince Fielder and Mark Trumbo — before the team was revealed, and did not know Butler would be an All-Star. Fielder beat Bautista in the final round, and Trumbo smashed several long homers.

“You make decisions and sometimes you think it’s the right one, but it’s not,” Cano said. But he added, “We ended up with the trophy

Comments

Mick Jaguar
Bluffton,SC

Boorish KC fans; what would you expect from a franchise whose team plays in a shopping mall with a slight resemblance to a ballpark, set-down in a parking lot? What a bunch of hicks & hooples. They deserve their playoff drought.

MGK
CT

To call Kansas City fans classless would be a complement....they have not been to the playoffs for a long time and it does not look that they will ever return....deal with it!

Pure envy and jealousy!

http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/10/rought-night-for-robinson-cano/

What shopping mall? Isn't that a reference used against Rupp Arena? So more boos upcoming for Cano?

#1727516 - 07/10/12 11:42 AM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: chiknbut]
FELONY Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: HEART OF THE NATION
Quote:

Most trashiest fanbase in MLB.

As long as St. Louis has a franchise, the best the Royals can hope for is second-most trashiest fanbase.

Actually it's Phillies fans...and there is no close third.

GQ names Phillies fans “The Worst Sports Fans in America”

It’s actually a tie between Phillies and Eagles fans as the worst — the subheading to their ranking being “the meanest fans in America” — but I imagine there’s substantial overlap. GQ:

All told, Philadelphia stadiums house the most monstrous collection of humanity outside of the federal penal system. “Some of these people would boo the crack in the Liberty Bell,” baseball legend Pete Rose once said. More likely, these savages would have thrown the battery that cracked it.

And yes, there is a reference to booing Santa Claus and the Michael Irvin thing and the intentional barfer and all of the stuff you’ve heard before.

http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/201104/worst-sports-fans-in-america#slide=14

Probably could lump all the east coast fans together and sprinkle them with Raiders fans and stop there.

#1727517 - 07/10/12 12:22 PM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: BigDipper05]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Quote:

Oh my gosh! Cano said he would CONSIDER adding a pathetic Royal to the competition, but then he didn't when he realized they all suck and none of them deserved to be there! Oh, the horror! Now lets all act like pathetic small market babies on national tv! Yeah, that'll show em'!

Way to go KC. Most trashiest fanbase in MLB. At least the stadium was full for once.

You know, this sounds just like a KSU fan. Just saying.

#1727518 - 07/10/12 12:56 PM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: WaHawk04]
HenryMiller Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Big Sur, CA
The more I think of the events of last night, the more pleased I become...

I see fire returning to the Royals fanbase, a fire I have not felt in 20 years. If the Royals can only start winning the least bit, this town is going to start burning with Royals fever again.

I'm also getting sick of the "class" crap. I'm becoming more disillusioned with the idea as I get older. People are now telling me that Frank White is classless. I grew up thinking Frank White was the very definition of class. I'm beginning to think it's a stupid concept to begin with, ill-fitted to a complex world. There's no such thing as class, I'm starting to think.

#1727519 - 07/10/12 12:58 PM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: HenryMiller]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

The class insult is nothing more than the easiest play from a bitter and butthurt fan.

#1727520 - 07/10/12 01:01 PM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: WaHawk04]
HenryMiller Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Big Sur, CA
I think the Royals fans need to be more like Yankee fans. That being said, there isn't an ounce of "class" in that fanbase, and I refuse to hear a lecture from them on the subject. It's like a w hore giving an abstinence lecture. What a joke.

#1727521 - 07/10/12 01:06 PM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: HenryMiller]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Pretty much. I can tolerate Yankees fans that grew up in New York and actually live there or have lived their for the majority of their life, but the rest of the fan base are some of the worst people on the planet. It never ceases to amaze me when I meet some douche who grew up in Texas and now lives in Seattle and he is somehow a Yankees fan.

#1727522 - 07/10/12 01:09 PM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: WaHawk04]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Like when LeBron went to an Indians game and cheered for the Yankees.

#1727523 - 07/10/12 01:11 PM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Yeah, great example.

I mean, if you are going to be a Yankees fan, why not be a Lakers/Celtics fan, a rotating SEC Football fan, a UK/UNC/Duke basketball fan, a Manchester United/Chelsea/Barcelona/Real Madrid/Spain/Brazil/Germany fan, a Steelers/Patriots/Giants fan, etc, etc, etc

#1727524 - 07/10/12 01:13 PM Re: State Farm Home Run Derby [Re: WaHawk04]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Not to turn it into a LeBron bashing thread, but he's a Cowboys fan too isn't he?

I guess that's what kids do. They're bandwagon fans. I was myself too w/ MJ and the Bulls. But then you grow up.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview