Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1719847 - 06/24/12 06:06 PM Re: 5 games back [Re: JFish26]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

Been a tough year to suffer through. How many expected contributors have missed significant time?

Soria
Duffy
Paulino
Cain
Perez
Escobar
Holland

Hosmer's been a wreck. Sanchez an unmitigated disaster. Gordon seems like he aged three years during the offseason. Francoeur is blocking Myers. Outside of Odorizzi, no pitching has made significant progress.

Yuni.

For a franchise that really could have used a two- or three-year period where things mostly go right...they haven't.

Yep, this pretty much sums it up (except Escobar hasn't been injured at all, unless I missed something today).

Last year, the Royals had hardly any injuries at all...the law of averages said it would turn ugly for them this season, and it certainly has.

Honestly, not much has gone right this season....outside of perhaps Moustakas having a big sophomore season.

#1719848 - 06/24/12 06:10 PM Re: 5 games back [Re: christgs80]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Maybe I'm being forgetful, but I thought Escobar had a quick DL stint.

#1719849 - 06/24/12 10:11 PM Re: 5 games back [Re: JFish26]
HenryMiller Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Big Sur, CA
By now, I don't know how Seitzer has any defenders at all. Firing him should be an obvious first step.

#1719850 - 06/24/12 10:53 PM Re: 5 games back [Re: HenryMiller]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Quote:

By now, I don't know how Seitzer has any defenders at all. Firing him should be an obvious first step.

Two way street. If you are going to hold the Royals hitting poorly against him you also have to credit him when they hit well.

Remember when last year he was a genius with:

Hosmer-Francouer-Melky?

Don't you have to credit him with the hitting of Moose and Escobar and Butler this year?

I am not saying he has helped or hurt one way or the other just pointing out that it is pretty tough to put any kind of meaningful metric to a hitting coach.

#1719851 - 06/24/12 10:57 PM Re: 5 games back [Re: jayhwk01]
Topcitykid10 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Kansas
I don't think he's calling for all the bunts, Yost coaches a NL way. He needs to let some of players swing away in some bunting situations.

#1719852 - 06/25/12 12:32 AM Re: 5 games back [Re: Topcitykid10]
Merg311 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Hays, KS
Quote:

I don't think he's calling for all the bunts, Yost coaches a NL way. He needs to let some of players swing away in some bunting situations.

He plays for a small inning way too early. Bunt in the 8th or 9th when you're playing for 1 run. With the strong bullpen, maybe even the 7th, that's fine. A sacrifice in the first 6 innings is a complete waste of an out.

How many times have the Royals scored more than 4 runs in an inning this year? I'd be curious to see the breakdown on how they compare to other teams.

As for Seitzer, I don't really place any blame on him, yet I fear he may be the scapegoat.

#1719853 - 06/25/12 09:15 AM Re: 5 games back [Re: Merg311]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
I don't know what to think of Seitzer. On one hand, Gordon, Hosmer and Melky last year and Moustakas and Escobar this year. On the other hand, Hosmer and Gordon this year.

My guess is Seitzer is not the problem, and firing him would do more harm than good.

#1719854 - 06/25/12 09:25 AM Re: 5 games back [Re: JFish26]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I tend to agree....but like others have stated....somebody will be the scapegoat, and Seitzer is the obvious choice.

#1719855 - 06/25/12 12:03 PM Re: 5 games back [Re: christgs80]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
I judge hitting coaches on whether they make a impact on select players. Seitzer is a mentor for Gordon, Charlie Lau was a mentor for George Brett. There were plenty of players on the Royals squad in the '70's that failed at the plate, but Lau is remembered for Brett.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Preview