Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#164499 - 08/08/07 11:14 AM Re: 756 [Re: JHAWX75]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Quote:

You really think Rios would of had a chance?

Probably not, but I'd bet Matt Stairs would have beaten the ever-loving crap out of Mr. April, Alex Rodriguez, himself.

#164500 - 08/08/07 11:42 AM Re: 756 [Re: jaihaux]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: 911's A Joke!
Quote:

Quote:

Probably not, but I'd bet Matt Stairs would have beaten the ever-loving crap out of Mr. April, Alex Rodriguez, himself.

More like Matt STARES cause that's all he did. Too bad this is baseball and not boxing. You dont get extra runs for staring onto the field. Nor are you worth mentioning on a message board. But since he was a Royal I see your connection.

I would of actually liked to of seen Pena v. Stairs.

Stairs was quoted:

"I heard somebody chirping when I was talking to Lyle [Overbay] and I didn't think it was Alex and I asked who it was," Towers said. "Tony Pena is running his mouth off and I was like, 'What's this guy running his mouth off for?' This dude is a quitter. He managed a team and quit in the middle of the season because he couldn't hack it. He's going to run his mouth off? So I ended up getting into it with Alex a second time."

#164501 - 08/08/07 12:08 PM Re: 756 [Re: JHAWX75]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
He quit because he was doing his neighbors wife.

#164502 - 08/08/07 01:42 PM Re: 756 [Re: jammahawk]
KURUSH1530 Offline
Big Dipper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbCXXkym_a8

Video from the section that the Barry Bonds home run ball landed in. After the ball drops, it's a crappy view, mainly staring at the ground and what not. Maybe he was protecting whatever it was he was filiming with?

#164503 - 08/08/07 02:31 PM Re: 756 [Re: JHAWX75]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

More like Matt STARES cause that's all he did. Too bad this is baseball and not boxing. You dont get extra runs for staring onto the field. Nor are you worth mentioning on a message board. But since he was a Royal I see your connection.

I would of actually liked to of seen Pena v. Stairs.

Stairs was quoted:

"I heard somebody chirping when I was talking to Lyle [Overbay] and I didn't think it was Alex and I asked who it was," Towers said. "Tony Pena is running his mouth off and I was like, 'What's this guy running his mouth off for?' This dude is a quitter. He managed a team and quit in the middle of the season because he couldn't hack it. He's going to run his mouth off? So I ended up getting into it with Alex a second time."

A-Rod's a physical speciman, but Matt Stairs is a hot-dog-eating-donut-downing dude. He's the size of a cow. I'd take him in a royal rumble.

#164504 - 08/08/07 05:59 PM Re: 756 [Re: jaihaux]
Hawk1990 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Shawnee, KS
Stairs is a hockey player from New Brunswick, Canada. I would put my money on him over nearly anyone in baseball.

#164505 - 08/08/07 06:00 PM Re: 756 [Re: Hawk1990]
Hawk1990 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Shawnee, KS
As for the Bonds homer, I was fast asleep. And glad of it.

#164506 - 08/08/07 06:31 PM Re: 756 [Re: Hawk1990]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Congrats Barry!

#164507 - 08/08/07 08:36 PM Re: 756 [Re: Hawk1990]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

Stairs is a hockey player from New Brunswick, Canada. I would put my money on him over nearly anyone in baseball.

Yup, me too. A few years ago, when the Royals were really awful, they had the likes of Stairs, Ken Harvey, Dennys Reyes, Calvin Pickering, etc. No team would have survived a bench-clearing brawl with that group.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview