Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#162790 - 08/02/07 09:14 AM If I ruled the world
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
If there was ever a total realignment of leagues and divisions, I'd love to see the following teams in division.
KC
St. Louis
Chicago Cubs or Whitesox
Milwaukee
Minnesota

#162791 - 08/02/07 01:26 PM Re: If I ruled the world [Re: jammahawk]
jdavis34 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Lawrence, KS
#162792 - 08/02/07 01:37 PM Re: If I ruled the world [Re: jdavis34]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Just think the geography would make for better rivalries.
I'm not thinking this is ever even a remote possability, I'm thinking it would be a more interesting division.
Here's another one, Boston and New York can be in their own, they basically are now.

#162793 - 08/02/07 01:41 PM Re: If I ruled the world [Re: jammahawk]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
If I ruled the world all those teams you mentioned would have naked Playboy models playing for them. I would own 49% of each of those teams and all of them would be my Girlfriends.

#162794 - 08/02/07 02:38 PM Re: If I ruled the world [Re: larryb]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

I was figuring on naked ball girls, but it's your world to rule.

#162795 - 08/02/07 02:47 PM Re: If I ruled the world [Re: jammahawk]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
Ball Girls..........What mamories I mean memories.

Marla Collins!

In July of 1986, the Cubs fired their ball girl Marla Collins when it was discovered that she posed nude for Playboy magazine. The photos appeared in the October issue that year, along with other photos of Marla in her Cubs uniform and one of Harry Caray pointing to a tattoo on her right thigh.

Seems like a silly reason to fire such a vital component of the Cubs staff....why don't they just fire all the groundskeepers while they are at it....or the scoreboard operators?!?! For shame, Tribsters....for shame! Now, I am not advocating bringing back Marla herself, as she was cute in those shorts 20 years ago, but maybe not so much now (just a guess, as I have no personal knowledge that this is the case). Rather I am saying the idea should be brought back, and I am sure there are plenty of athletic and perky young women in the Chicago area that would like to get the kind of publicity that a job with the Chicago Cubs would bring. Perhaps you have a rotating cache of ballgirls, much like the Harry Caray 7th inning stretch singers? I don't know....does anyone really want to see 81 good-looking women running back and forth in short shorts, happily bringing the umpires new baseballs? Yeah....that idea probably wouldn't fly, as the Tribune would never want the focus of their marketing and promotions to ever be anything except the baseball product on the field

Preview