Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#15930 - 12/27/06 11:05 AM NEW 600K BASEBALL FACILITY
Buddy Offline
John Brown

Loc: United States
So Im sure you've all heard about the 600,000K donation for a new baseball facility to be built down the 3rd base line of Hoglund....Whats the story with that? Anyone got any details? Was Hoglund the donor?

#15931 - 12/27/06 12:58 PM Re: NEW 600K BASEBALL FACILITY [Re: Buddy]
hail2oldku Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Baseball office and lockerrooms.

#15932 - 01/09/07 08:58 AM Re: NEW 600K BASEBALL FACILITY [Re: hail2oldku]
Coach Offline
Big Dipper

The money and plans were in place in 2005, The indoor battingcages were built first due to weather restrictions at the beggining of the season, ya know the cold lol, the the lockerroom, offices, and players clubhouse was to be built down the third base line. There are a few other minor upgrades to take place at Hoglund ball park aswell. If you go to the KUathletics.com site and scroll down to where it says "strategic plan: Unparalleled Excellence" and click on that. It'll tell you what Lew is planning on doing over the next 5 years.

Must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view full write up.

#15933 - 01/09/07 10:51 AM Re: NEW 600K BASEBALL FACILITY [Re: Coach]
bpritchett Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Exile
Ah, so that's what it's for. If I'm reading the schedule right, our first home series starts February 9th, so I thought they might be building a dome or something. Of course, it's against South Dakota State, followed by North Dakota, so to them Lawrence in February probably will seem like spring.

#15934 - 01/09/07 11:45 AM Re: NEW 600K BASEBALL FACILITY [Re: bpritchett]
elan71 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Fort Wayne, IN
a dome for the baseball team would set them apart from other baseball programs. lol
"one beaker for another" philippians 4:13

#15935 - 01/09/07 12:21 PM Re: NEW 600K BASEBALL FACILITY [Re: bpritchett]
hail2oldku Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Quote:

Ah, so that's what it's for. If I'm reading the schedule right, our first home series starts February 9th, so I thought they might be building a dome or something. Of course, it's against South Dakota State, followed by North Dakota, so to them Lawrence in February probably will seem like spring.

The weather that we've been having lately they should be playing games now. They have been out practicing at the stadium.

Preview