To serve & protect

Loc: JayhawkLaw office Lobby

#1521046 - 09/29/11 01:34 PM Re: "Daddy needs another drink," [Re: Geezer]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Joe:

Quote:

Baseball, like life, revolves around anticlimax. That's what you get most of the time. You stand in driver's license lines, and watch Alfredo Aceves shake off signals, and sit through your children's swim meets, and see bases loaded rallies die, and fill up your car's tires with air and endure an inning with three pitching changes, a sacrifice bunt and an intentional walk.

But then, every now and again, something happens. Something memorable. Something magnificent. Something staggering. Your child wins the race. Your team wins in the ninth. You get pulled over for speeding. And in that moment -- awesome or lousy -- you are living something you will never forget, something that jumps out of the toneless roar of day-to-day life.

The Braves failed to score. Papelbon blew the lead. Longoria homered in the 12th. Elation. Sadness. Mayhem. Champagne. Sleepless fury. Never been a night like it. Funny, if I was trying to explain baseball to someone who had never heard of it, I wouldn't tell them about Wednesday night. No, it seems to me that it isn't Wednesday night that makes baseball great. It's all the years you spend waiting for Wednesday night that makes baseball great.

#1521047 - 09/29/11 04:08 PM Re: "Daddy needs another drink," [Re: JFish26]
jayheel Offline
Under New Management

Loc: Spencer Basement
Perfect.

Preview