Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1501010 - 08/18/11 12:40 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ *** [Re: DCHawk1]
TraditionKU Offline
Darwin

Loc: Wasatch Range
why knock the quote?

it doesn't really matter whether or not Sherron actually said it...i could give two shiits if HCBS made it up

fact is, its a great motto, and i hope one that all recruits, current and future, don't just buy into...but actually believe

our conference dominance and near yearly threat for a run at the FF back it up

This is Kansas, and merely putting on that jersey and setting foot on the Fieldhouse floor makes anyone who does so a better player

...on a side note, i was fortunate enough to run in some noon pickup games in AFH during the final roy years and the transition, and i swear my game was elevated just by stepping on the court...always played my best when it was at the Fieldhouse

#1501011 - 08/18/11 01:38 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: TraditionKU]
NDballer13 Offline
kusports.net

Loc: North Dakota
I personally don't like the quote. I don't want new players "buying into" that just because they are Kansas means everything will be okay. I'm not saying it's the reason for the losses, but VCU and UNI prove that philosophy to be [censored]. Show up to play, the better team wins. Just because "you're Kansas" doesn't make you better.

#1501012 - 08/18/11 01:39 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: NDballer13]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Loc: KC, MO
Quote:

Just because "you're Kansas" doesn't make you better.

Bullsh1t.

#1501013 - 08/18/11 03:22 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: DCHawk1]
BanWiscy Offline
Baby Jay

Yea. You know what i'm after.

#1501014 - 08/18/11 07:14 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: jensen]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

Loc: East Lawrence represent!!!
Quote:

Makes me sick that 500 people have seen this quote and 1 person took the time to respond.

This quote is what makes our program. It involves trust, hope, faith, and history.

Love this program.

strong cry, jensen. props.

#1501015 - 08/18/11 07:29 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
Quote:

Quote:

Just because "you're Kansas" doesn't make you better.

Bullsh1t.

Bullshit? Maybe as a whole but not if you were these teams in the tournament.
VCU in 11
UNI in 10
MSU in 09
UCLA in 07
Bradley in 06
Bucknell in 05
G-Tech in 04
Syracuse in 03
Maryland in 02
Illinois in 01
Duke in 00
Kentucky in 99
Rhode Island in 98
Arizona in 97
Virginia in 95
Purdue in 94

You get the idea.

I appreciate that KU fans support and love Self enough to give him praise for the slogan but is it really any better than "We Are DePaul"?

#1501016 - 08/18/11 07:39 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: larryb]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Loc: JayhawkLaw office Lobby
Jesus Christ Gutter. Is it impossible for you to shut the f*ck up?

#1501017 - 08/18/11 07:49 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: Geezer]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Is it impossible for you and others to take your mouths off of Self's dick?

Like I said, I'm glad people like the slogan. I have no problem with that. Forgive me for thinking anything Sherron I'll blow off my teammates and piss off my coach Collins is all of a sudden a [censored] prophet in the eyes of his former coach - and KU fans.

#1501018 - 08/18/11 07:53 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: larryb]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Loc: JayhawkLaw office Lobby
Do you have a tatoo of every KU lose since you were there?

#1501019 - 08/18/11 08:09 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: Geezer]
hartjack8 Offline
KANSAS

Loc: fl
*** You are ignoring this user ***

Truthfully you can arrange where this is all the Gutter says.

I think it should say *** You are ignoring this ignorant user ***

#1501020 - 08/18/11 08:35 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: larryb]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

Loc: East Lawrence represent!!!
Quote:

Is it impossible for you and others to take your mouths off of Self's dick?

Like I said, I'm glad people like the slogan. I have no problem with that. Forgive me for thinking anything Sherron I'll blow off my teammates and piss off my coach Collins is all of a sudden a [censored] prophet in the eyes of his former coach - and KU fans.

Sorry for being a fan? There are websites on the interweb for people that don't like KU. Maybe that's more your thing?

#1501021 - 08/18/11 08:52 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: sensei]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Geezer - No. Nor do I have a tattoo of every win. I love every win as much as I hate every loss and I hate every loss as much as I love every win. That's one of my many faults. Of course 88 and 08 trump any loss but otherwise I took as much misery out of the losses I mentioned as any wins - other than the championships in 88 and 08. Stupid - I know. That's just who I am.

Sensei - There is nothing wrong with being a fan and loving Self. No need for anyone to apologize. I love KU Basketball but apparently there is something wrong with having an opinion based on facts from the past and expressing it.
Personally I would probably prefer a slogan of TEAM or We Are Kansas but Self is the boss and his slogan is what he feels is best - so I can and will support him. it. and the 2011-2012 team.

#1501022 - 08/18/11 09:10 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: larryb]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Yes, as a matter of fact it is a better slogan than "We Are DePaul". Why? Because our slogan has the word "Kansas" in it.

#1501023 - 08/18/11 09:38 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: jammahawk]
larryb Offline
Gutter

So does Kansas State.

#1501024 - 08/18/11 10:19 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: larryb]
t_jayhawk Offline
suck it, asswipes

Loc: evansville, indiana
don't always be a [censored], gutter. seriously.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Preview