Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1500995 - 08/17/11 04:34 PM ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ ***
jensen Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Charleston, SC
This year's motto....

But as he awaits the dawn of a season with so many questions and even more doubts, Self said he keeps remembering something Collins said during that unexpected 2008-09 season.

At one point a reporter asked Collins if he was as surprised as everyone else at what his team had done. The guard’s bemused answer still rings in his coach’s ear and will be the motto for this unsung group all year.

“I remember Sherron said, ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’’ Self said. “And I think our guys believe that. The pieces may change, but there is always that confidence there.’’

#1500996 - 08/17/11 05:25 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: jensen]
faithful1 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Kansas
Nice. There's no denying that confidence and your head being in the right place goes a long way.

#1500997 - 08/17/11 10:28 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: faithful1]
jensen Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Charleston, SC
Makes me sick that 500 people have seen this quote and 1 person took the time to respond.

This quote is what makes our program. It involves trust, hope, faith, and history.

Love this program.

#1500998 - 08/17/11 10:32 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: jensen]
AdonisJordan Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lawrence
39 registered and 346 anonymous users.

Does this explain to you why only 1 person responded?

Btw, great quote. This IS Kansas.

Love the pride players and fans show.

#1500999 - 08/17/11 10:46 PM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: AdonisJordan]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

They are who I thought they were.

#1501000 - 08/18/11 06:19 AM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: Hawklin]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
Jensen - It's a great quote. I just wonder if Sherron really said those exact words and if he would have said them had he not seen minutes. The unfortunate thing is not enough recruits buy in to the Kansas mystique and to them it does matter "who plays" - too much.

Kansas gave Sherron an education and a diploma after 7 1/2 semesters. It would be nice if Sherron was quoted by the University for saying something along the lines of how an inner city kid from Chicago with a dim future can succeed academically at KU. Call me names but that's what impressed me most about Sherron and his tenure at KU (more than anything he achieved on the basketball court) - that he graduated and got a diploma.

#1501001 - 08/18/11 06:35 AM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: larryb]
kennyboy2 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Armpit of Kansas
Jensen - It's a great quote. I just wonder if Sherron really said those exact words and if he would have said them had he not seen minutes. The unfortunate thing is not enough recruits buy in to the Kansas mystique and to them it does matter "who plays" - too much.

Kansas gave Sherron an education and a diploma after 7 1/2 semesters. It would be nice if Sherron was quoted by the University for saying something along the lines of how an inner city kid from Chicago with a dim future can succeed academically at KU. Call me names but that's what impressed me most about Sherron and his tenure at KU (more than anything he achieved on the basketball court) - that he graduated and got a diploma.
------------------------------

I agree. The diploma is forever, and it didn't take him 14 years to get it.

#1501002 - 08/18/11 08:15 AM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: kennyboy2]
Ltown Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Kansas
Reading things like this gives me the chills. We as fans are spoiled with tradition. This IS Kansas!!

#1501003 - 08/18/11 08:56 AM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: Ltown]
jhawks99 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lexington, KY
It's a good motto. I like it.

#1501004 - 08/18/11 09:31 AM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: jhawks99]
kujayhox Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Germany
This is Kansas. i can dig it.

#1501005 - 08/18/11 10:37 AM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: kujayhox]
lobster Offline
Feel the pinch?

Loc: DCHawk's basement.
Well, I mostly agree although some (Rawker and others) would certainly disagree that it does matter who plays. I certainly hope our players would believe in that, but there's always a few who don't and end up transferring.

#1501006 - 08/18/11 10:42 AM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: jensen]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Quote:

Makes me sick that 500 people have seen this quote and 1 person took the time to respond.

This quote is what makes our program. It involves trust, hope, faith, and history.

Love this program

AMEN! YAY! BOO 500 PEOPLE WITH BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN SAY "YAY" AND "AMEN"!!!

(Did I do good?)

#1501007 - 08/18/11 10:48 AM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
Quote:

(Did I do good?)

Yes. Fer a stoopid!

#1501008 - 08/18/11 10:55 AM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: DCHawk1]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Your shirt smells.

#1501009 - 08/18/11 10:57 AM Re: ‘It doesn’t matter who plays. This is Kansas,'’ [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
Elitist!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview