Carry on with the "Bam" love.

Who are you?

Pebbles Flintstone?

It's Illini slang for Bruce Almighty.

#1475387 - 06/03/11 08:56 AM Re: Bam! [Re: Hawklin]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
Maybe Hawklin will be a nice guy and let me borrow his cap. I can pull off the K and put an I on it. Go Illini!

I am dying to know what the framed picture is of that has CHICAGO in the lower right hand corner.

#1475388 - 06/03/11 08:58 AM Re: Bam! [Re: larryb]
Phog1004 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KC
"I am dying to know what the framed picture is of that has CHICAGO in the lower right hand corner. "

What?

#1475389 - 06/03/11 08:58 AM Re: Bam! [Re: Hawklin]
pwhittemore Offline
Satellite Coords Mod

Loc: NYC
Gutter, basketball is linear. With every second there are fewer opportunities to make change to the game at hand. Even if Mario had hit three three pointers at an earlier time, there are still chances, and strategies to deploy, that would change the scoring. More time left, the more chances. If Mario had hit his first three in the game, there may have been a time out, Dirk may have decided that moment then to start taking over, Barrea could have gotten fired up; they had plenty of time to make a difference.

At the end of the game, those opportunities are gone. You don't get a second chance, third chance, x amount of chances. It was a 3 point game and there was less than 30 seconds left. This is what is considered clutch, because it is one of the last, if not the last play that can determine an outcome.

It's like talking to an 8 year old.

#1475390 - 06/03/11 08:59 AM Re: Bam! [Re: Phog1004]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

Quote:

"I am dying to know what the framed picture is of that has CHICAGO in the lower right hand corner. "

What?

Background, extreme upper left portion of the photo, there is a wooden framed ... something... that has "Chicago" in its lower right corner.

#1475391 - 06/03/11 09:00 AM Re: Bam! [Re: larryb]
oreadical Offline
Resident Duck

Loc: TJ's Fanny Pack
Hawklinsfaghat

Good one.

#1475392 - 06/03/11 09:02 AM Re: Bam! [Re: 5DecadeHawk]
Phog1004 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

Quote:

What?

Background, extreme upper left portion of the photo, there is a wooden framed ... something... that has "Chicago" in its lower right corner.

Ah....i was looking lower right corner of the whole picture

Also, +1 pwhitt....and I am guessing Gutter agrees too, as we just had this exact same conversation 2 weeks ago regarding Rose's missed free throw at the end of the Championship game (and at the end of the Bulls/Heat series) and Mario's 3 , to which he agreed. Just being a d!ck on purpose right now.

Edited by Phog1004 (06/03/11 09:05 AM)

#1475393 - 06/03/11 09:08 AM Re: Bam! [Re: pwhittemore]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Quote:

Gutter, basketball is linear. With every second there are fewer opportunities to make change to the game at hand. Even if Mario had hit three three pointers at an earlier time, there are still chances, and strategies to deploy, that would change the scoring. More time left, the more chances. If Mario had hit his first three in the game, there may have been a time out, Dirk may have decided that moment then to start taking over, Barrea could have gotten fired up; they had plenty of time to make a difference.

At the end of the game, those opportunities are gone. You don't get a second chance, third chance, x amount of chances. It was a 3 point game and there was less than 30 seconds left. This is what is considered clutch, because it is one of the last, if not the last play that can determine an outcome.

It's like talking to an 8 year old.

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to explain the intricacies of a basketball game and your points are all excellent. I do understand the difference between hitting a clutch shot and any other shot during a game -just as I understand that 3 points are 3 points no matter when they occur in a game. Mario hit a great shot last night. I am not taking anything away from the magnitude of it. I simply stated he missed 5 "Bams" before he made that one. I should have just said he missed 5 of 5 three pointers before he made the "clutch" "Bam"!

#1475394 - 06/03/11 09:15 AM Re: Bam! [Re: larryb]
Phog1004 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

you understand 3 points are 3 points, but the problem is implying they are all equally important at any point in a game. Assuming that if he had made 2 of those earlier shots, that the last one he made wouldn't be necessary is not even close to a forgone conclusion. And you clearly do not "understand the difference between hitting a clutch shot and any other shot during a game " as you stated above based on your posts just a few minutes ago....

"The truth hurts? The 5 he missed were as important as the one he made. Were they not?"

"No. You know the difference. You had this same argument just a week ago."

"Actually I don't know that and I admit I don't know much. ."

#1475395 - 06/03/11 09:23 AM Re: Bam! [Re: Phog1004]
larryb Offline
Gutter

I am implying that every made 3 point or missed 3 point shot is equally important in determining the final score of the game. You and everyone else are free to disagree and say I'm wrong. I don't believe I was attempting to imply otherwise. If I was, I didn't mean to.

#1475396 - 06/03/11 09:26 AM Re: Bam! [Re: Phog1004]
SashasVodka Offline
JohnBrownWithARifle

Actually the first missed three was more like a: "alright"; the second a "here we go!"; the third a "nice"; the fourth a "[censored] yeah"; the fifth a "CHALMERS!". The one he made was a "Bam!", and would have been "BAM!1!!" had it given the heat the lead.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

#1475397 - 06/03/11 09:34 AM Re: Bam! [Re: SashasVodka]
pwhittemore Offline
Satellite Coords Mod

Loc: NYC

#1475398 - 06/03/11 09:35 AM Re: Bam! [Re: pwhittemore]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

Nice Work

Very nice.

#1475399 - 06/03/11 09:38 AM Re: Bam! [Re: pwhittemore]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Loc: KC, MO
wow. awesome.

#1475400 - 06/03/11 09:41 AM Re: Bam! [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Almost looks like I'm giving it to the fake Hawklin from behind.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview