Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#147359 - 07/03/07 08:28 PM Re: Royals [Re: KUColBond]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
BTW - 10-2 Royals in the fourth inning. Billy Butler with a three-run bomb and a three-run double.

#147360 - 07/03/07 09:51 PM Re: Royals [Re: KUColBond]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: 911's A Joke!
Royalfan....

One....
Forget what The Yankees are doin and what their spending.
We know G will do whatever it takes to win very year. Money in the bank. I dont like it but what do you do?

Two....
Yeah sure, The Yankees HAVE tanked it pretty good so far. We know the whole story on that. RC will be fine. He's findin' his mustard right now and I think things will shift into Rocket mode for "2nd half Rodge". Still have to get the others goin. Rivera is still dominate. His location and speed is still there and that cutter he throws is something fierce. Too bad there hasnt been many chances at saving games so far. Pettitte will need to get right when called on. He had a tough outing last go and will look to capitalize on the humiliation next call. Run support always helps a pitchers confidence. In 5 games started the Yankees have scored a total of 8 runs when Clemens has started. Unnacceptable.

Three....
Royalfan needs to see take a timeout and do some self evaluating. Think about what your team has done to you for the last how many years? After Darryl Motley went yard and caught the last out the only excitement that has came out of Royalfan was Bo Jackson. Then who? Danny Tartabull? Royals will be a farm team unless they can prove they are winners. Period.

and Four.....
the last time the Royals were in the playoffs Wham! had the number one song(careless whisper), followed by Chaka Khan(I Feel For You) and Madonna( Like A Virgin). The number one movie was The Breakfast Club and Back To The Future. Hell, wasnt St. Elmo's Fire that year also?

Whitney wasnt even on crack back then!

#147361 - 07/03/07 10:38 PM Re: Royals [Re: JHAWX75]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

Royalfan....

One....
Forget what The Yankees are doin and what their spending.
We know G will do whatever it takes to win very year. Money in the bank. I dont like it but what do you do?

Two....
Yeah sure, The Yankees HAVE tanked it pretty good so far. We know the whole story on that. RC will be fine. He's findin' his mustard right now and I think things will shift into Rocket mode for "2nd half Rodge". Still have to get the others goin. Rivera is still dominate. His location and speed is still there and that cutter he throws is something fierce. Too bad there hasnt been many chances at saving games so far. Pettitte will need to get right when called on. He had a tough outing last go and will look to capitalize on the humiliation next call. Run support always helps a pitchers confidence. In 5 games started the Yankees have scored a total of 8 runs when Clemens has started. Unnacceptable.

Three....
Royalfan needs to see take a timeout and do some self evaluating. Think about what your team has done to you for the last how many years? After Darryl Motley went yard and caught the last out the only excitement that has came out of Royalfan was Bo Jackson. Then who? Danny Tartabull? Royals will be a farm team unless they can prove they are winners. Period.

and Four.....
the last time the Royals were in the playoffs Wham! had the number one song(careless whisper), followed by Chaka Khan(I Feel For You) and Madonna( Like A Virgin). The number one movie was The Breakfast Club and Back To The Future. Hell, wasnt St. Elmo's Fire that year also?

Whitney wasnt even on crack back then!

Wow, making fun of the Royals? So were you the fourth grader who picked on first graders too?

#147362 - 07/03/07 11:49 PM Re: Royals [Re: jaihaux]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

They're still a Major League Baseball team.

23 years?

No playoffs?

When was their last winning record anyways?

Comparing their season to the Yankees woes this year is amusing.

#147363 - 07/04/07 12:16 AM Re: Royals [Re: JHAWX75]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

They're still a Major League Baseball team.

23 years?

No playoffs?

When was their last winning record anyways?

Comparing their season to the Yankees woes this year is amusing.

2003, 83-79.

As you may know, Royals fans are aware of our franchise's ineptness since 1994. When fans of the big-spenders start flapping their mouths, it gets kind of irritating. It's like a Texas football fan talking smack on Baylor.

#147364 - 07/04/07 09:01 AM Re: Royals [Re: jaihaux]
Hawk1990 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Shawnee, KS
Last 51 games...

Royals: 26-25 record, $21 million prorated payroll, ($808,000 per win)
Yankees: 25-26 record, $67 million prorated payroll, ($2,680,000 per win)

Yup, real savvy business people in that Yankee front office...

#147365 - 07/04/07 09:08 AM Re: Royals [Re: Hawk1990]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

You and this money thing.

Who's up for free agency on the Royals, G wants to buy somebody.

Royalfan would get more respect from me if they would focus on the improvment of their OWN team and not so much the Yankees payroll.

#147366 - 07/04/07 09:27 AM Re: Royals [Re: JHAWX75]
madcapper Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: center of nowhere
Quote:

Royalfan would get more respect from me if they would focus on the improvment of their OWN team and not so much the Yankees payroll.

The Yankees are all that's wrong with baseball.

#147367 - 07/04/07 09:32 AM Re: Royals [Re: JHAWX75]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

How many Yankees cheat on their wives? We know A-Rod does. Damon is among the scum of society. Who else? Take those bastards.

And if you want any players, take a long hard look at the Royals' old farts. They're probably about the only ones up for trade right now. You're not getting a little worried that the Royals' future actually looks brighter are you?

#147368 - 07/04/07 10:14 AM Re: Royals [Re: jaihaux]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Quote:

Quote:

How many Yankees cheat on their wives? We know A-Rod does. Damon is among the scum of society. Who else? Take those bastards.

Stretch and Yawn!

#147369 - 07/04/07 10:17 AM Re: Royals [Re: jaihaux]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Quote:

Quote:

You're not getting a little worried that the Royals' future actually looks brighter are you?

Huh-uh!

#147370 - 07/04/07 10:49 AM Re: Royals [Re: madcapper]
jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Careful, 'capper...JHAWX75 honestly believes money isn't the issue here. Apparently, he thinks the Yankees organization is superior top-to-bottom regardless of the inflated payroll numbers.

I know, it's hilarious...

But, considering he wears pinstriped pajamas what should we expect?

#147371 - 07/04/07 12:43 PM Re: Royals [Re: JHAWX75]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Quote:

You're probably too young to remember, but before the economics of baseball slanted to the Yankees favor, the have several long stretchs when they were mediocre at best.
I have no problem admitting the Yankees are the dominate franchise of our time, I do have a problem when Yankees fans say payroll has nothing to do with it.

#147372 - 07/04/07 02:21 PM Re: Royals [Re: JHAWX75]
Hawk1990 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Shawnee, KS
Quote:

Have the Royals been badly managed in recent years? Yes. That's not really up for dispute. But is it realistic to assume that good management alone can compete with the financial resources the Yankees' have at their disposal? Hell, no, and to presume that the Yankees' enormous financial advantage isn't a factor worth discussing is just plain stupid.

USA Today's team payroll database goes back to 1988. Here are the average payrolls and win totals for the Royals and Yankees from 1988 through the 1994 strike:

Royals - 79 wins, $27.7 million
Yankees - 76 wins, $30.0 million

Hmmmm, similar payrolls, similar win totals. Now let's look at the same figures for 1995-2006:

Royals - 68 wins, $33.7 million
Yankees - 97 wins, $115.0 million

Yeah, sure, the money has nothing to do with the Yankees' success. Keep telling yourself that story and maybe you'll convince yourself it's true.

#147373 - 07/04/07 02:50 PM Re: Royals [Re: Hawk1990]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Money isn't all that's wrong with the Royals and Yankees. Look at Florida and Minnesota and Oakland. But realistically, those franchises rarely have a shot to win a World Series (Florida being the exception). It's about having the right people in the front office. I hope Kansas City hit a home run with Dayton Moore. They are obviously better this year and it looks like they are headed in the right direction finally.

I'm going to two Royals/Yankees games later this month. Funny thing is, in 2003 when the two met in August (Royals won series 2-1) in Kansas City, both teams were in a pennant race. In 2007, neither team will be. Kansas City has a legit excuse. New York does not.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview