Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#147314 - 06/16/07 10:01 AM Royals
1985hawk Offline
Moderator-Retired

Loc: Back here
Its mid-June and the Royals are 13 1/2 games out of first. It is not too late to hope somehow they can pull themselves into contention. The Yankees won 9 straight and are now back within 7 games.

The way the Royals are playing now, I can see some hope.

#147315 - 06/16/07 10:36 AM Re: Royals [Re: 1985hawk]
tyler Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Lawrence
They could do what you are talking if they didnt play in the toughest division in baseball and or they played national league teams half the time. (7-3 against national league teams this year)

#147316 - 06/16/07 10:38 AM Re: Royals [Re: tyler]
1985hawk Offline
Moderator-Retired

I guess Im just excited they are playing decent baseball. Im a die hard Royals fan and if the Royals suck, there are no sports in the summer.

#147317 - 06/16/07 10:54 AM Re: Royals [Re: 1985hawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Then there hasnt been any sports in the summer for you for many a year. I used to love the Royals when I lived out there, maybe even more than Jayhawk Bball, but with the big city market teams ruling the game I became disenchanted with baseball. But I am glad the Royals are playing decent now and the way the KC area taxpayers are pumping money into Kaufman Stadium you wont have to worry about them moving away anytime soon. Man after those improvements that stadium will be sweet but still dont know if it can match the Ted right up the road from me. Believe or not I dont care for the Braves either......

#147318 - 06/17/07 08:55 AM Re: Royals [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
I spent some time in Atlanta. The Braves are still a distant third to NASCAR and SEC football. Surprisingly, after all the Braves success and tradition, Atlanta is not a very good baseball town.

#147319 - 06/17/07 10:28 AM Re: Royals [Re: jammahawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Quote:

I spent some time in Atlanta. The Braves are still a distant third to NASCAR and SEC football. Surprisingly, after all the Braves success and tradition, Atlanta is not a very good baseball town.

No denying that, its a terrible baseball town, also a terrible NFL town. Even with the Falcons being more popular than ever with the arrival of Vick, going to a game at the Dome sucks, I have been to two of them and its like a large hip hop concert. Nothing like the Chiefs. The problem with Atlanta is most of the 5 million in the greater metro area isnt from here. So they could care less about the local teams. Most true Braves fans are from the olden days of Joe Horner and Dale Murphy.

What you get at the stadium these days are mostly yuppish Mid Towners just getting plastered at the Chop House or 755 Club(that place is super nice by the way). I still pay attention to the Royals, its sad that a once great team plays with such mediocrity these past 10-15 years. Hopefully this new GM and owner can turn them around....

#147320 - 06/17/07 04:27 PM Re: Royals [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Will the 755 club be obsolete after Bonds hits 756?

#147321 - 06/17/07 06:56 PM Re: Royals [Re: jammahawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Quote:

That is a great question. Since it was a Brave that did it though, probably not. Maybe they could rename it the "Chippers Corner Club', I hate that guy.......

#147322 - 06/18/07 10:49 AM Re: Royals [Re: jammahawk]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Quote:

The 755 club will only be obsolete when 755 is broken in legit fashion. Any number Bonds has is a fraud.

#147323 - 06/18/07 10:57 AM Re: Royals [Re: 1985hawk]
georgiahawk Offline
John Brown

Quote:

Its mid-June and the Royals are 13 1/2 games out of first. It is not too late to hope somehow they can pull themselves into contention. The Yankees won 9 straight and are now back within 7 games.

The way the Royals are playing now, I can see some hope.

Them having equal amount of wins as Chicago is enough for me.

Gordon is now batting .215. If he can somehow get to .300, it would be terrific. Bannister has pitched well although yesterday left a lot to be desired, win or not. Odalis Perez needs to go away. Sweeney needs to go away. They are headed the right way though.

#147324 - 06/18/07 01:19 PM Re: Royals [Re: georgiahawk]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
Who was the first McRoyal with "cheese"? Harold McRae?

http://www.matchvideozine.com/royalwithcheese-CZ.jpg

Edited by larryb (06/18/07 01:20 PM)

#147325 - 06/18/07 01:53 PM Re: Royals [Re: larryb]
georgiahawk Offline
John Brown

After reading that all I can think of is Pulp Fiction. Great scene.

#147326 - 06/19/07 11:31 AM Re: Royals [Re: georgiahawk]
1985hawk Offline
Moderator-Retired

If only the Royals were in the National League. Did anyone see the article in the KC Star? They would have the best record in the NL if they could stretch their record to match their NL record.

I guess they had the opportunity 10 years ago to move and declined.

#147327 - 06/19/07 11:33 AM Re: Royals [Re: 1985hawk]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
If If If If If. Meanwhile, they are a last place team that blows. Sorry to be a bubble buster but come on folks. I guess there is nothing wrong with dreaming.

#147328 - 06/19/07 11:45 AM Re: Royals [Re: larryb]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Every league has to have a team that blows. AL has the Royals and the NL has the Cubs.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview