Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1461 - 04/17/04 05:43 PM JAYHAWKS WIN THE MENS NATIONAL BOWLING TITLE! (TELEVISED ON CSTV) ****
dbackbone Offline
phognet shit-stirrer & Julian's scorned ex-lover

A brief report of how it went down for those who cant wait for the broadcast, looks like we came from behind.. http://www.collegebowling.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001327.html

Edited by dbackbone (04/17/04 06:02 PM)

#1462 - 04/19/04 07:12 AM Re: JAYHAWKS WIN THE MENS NATIONAL BOWLING TITLE! (TELEVISED ON CSTV) [Re: dbackbone]
hawkman88 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Midwest

I heard they won because this team had 5 very talented bowlers and 4 who set up Rhino so he had the chance to come through for us when he had to.

Just awesome that KU has National Champions! I hope my fellow Lawrence residents and alum will get out the congratulation signs and throw them a big party!

#1463 - 02/21/08 09:08 PM Re: JAYHAWKS WIN THE MENS NATIONAL BOWLING TITLE! (TELEVISED ON CSTV) [Re: hawkman88]
b Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: SD
Was there any rioting in the streets?

#1464 - 11/15/10 09:46 PM Re: JAYHAWKS WIN THE MENS NATIONAL BOWLING TITLE! (TELEVISED ON CSTV) [Re: b]
b Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: SD
I will assume not.

#1465 - 11/16/10 12:00 PM Re: JAYHAWKS WIN THE MENS NATIONAL BOWLING TITLE! (TELEVISED ON CSTV) [Re: b]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

GREAT NEWS!

Our last national bowling championship was 2004, which is far too long a drought for a storied bowling program like ours.

Congrats to the team. When will the T-shirts be available?

#1466 - 11/17/10 02:14 PM Re: JAYHAWKS WIN THE MENS NATIONAL BOWLING TITLE! (TELEVISED ON CSTV) [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
JHAWKinKY Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Back Where I Belong
Quote:
GREAT NEWS!

Our last national bowling championship was 2004, which is far too long a drought for a storied bowling program like ours.

Congrats to the team. When will the T-shirts be available?

#1467 - 11/17/10 02:53 PM Re: JAYHAWKS WIN THE MENS NATIONAL BOWLING TITLE! (TELEVISED ON CSTV) [Re: JHAWKinKY]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

No Jayhawk = no good.

#1468 - 11/17/10 03:00 PM Re: JAYHAWKS WIN THE MENS NATIONAL BOWLING TITLE! (TELEVISED ON CSTV) [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
JHAWKinKY Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:
No Jayhawk = no good.

I know, right?

#1469 - 11/17/10 03:42 PM Re: JAYHAWKS WIN THE MENS NATIONAL BOWLING TITLE! (TELEVISED ON CSTV) [Re: JHAWKinKY]
MikeJHawk Offline
Jo Jo White Fan Club

Loc: Tallahassee, FL
This link will tell you more about the championship. If you scroll to the bottom you will see the actual championship t-shirt.

http://www.kuconnection.org/archive/2004/05/news_2.asp

#1470 - 11/17/10 04:09 PM Re: JAYHAWKS WIN THE MENS NATIONAL BOWLING TITLE! (TELEVISED ON CSTV) [Re: MikeJHawk]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

That's more like it. I wanted to buy one of these in 2004 when I moved out of Lawrence, but didn't. Now with the new NCAA title, I have been given a second chance.

But this item is "currently unavailable" when I click the "Buy Championship T-shirt" link in MikeJHawk's linked article.

Curse you, fate! Must I endure eternity with no KU bowling national championship T-shirt?

In the absence of a commemorative T-shirt, I'll try to keep the memory of this glorious week for KU Bowling fresh in my mind for as long as I can. But it's already starting to fade.

#1471 - 12/27/10 09:33 AM Re: JAYHAWKS WIN THE MENS NATIONAL BOWLING TITLE! (TELEVISED ON CSTV) [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
JHAWKinKY Offline
Baby Jay

[quote]
YES! Got one for Christmas.

#1472 - 12/28/10 10:28 AM Re: JAYHAWKS WIN THE MENS NATIONAL BOWLING TITLE! (TELEVISED ON CSTV) [Re: JHAWKinKY]
redrover Offline
friend2allNME2nun

i hope it was made in china, otherwise you paid too much.

Preview