Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#140470 - 05/24/07 02:21 PM Someone help out Dean Hancock.
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
I should have prefaced this with saying - My heart goes out to Dean Hancock for losing a child. He seems to be having a very difficult time.

Nobody told him to or made Josh drink and no one told him to get in a car and maybe kill himself or someone else. Sure the restaurant may have liability but your son killed himself. Tragic and unfortunate but still the truth. No one forced Hancock to drink and drive. Check out the last paragraph too.

Suit claims restaurant kept giving intoxicated pitcher drinks
Associated Press

ST. LOUIS -- The father of the late St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Josh Hancock has filed a lawsuit, claiming that a popular restaurant continued to provide drinks to the reliever even though he was clearly intoxicated before the drunk-driving crash that killed him.

The lawsuit brought by Dean Hancock names Mike Shannon's Restaurant, which is owned by the long-time Cardinals broadcaster. It also names Shannon's daughter, who's the restaurant manager.

Police say Hancock was drunk, speeding and using a cell phone when his SUV struck the back of a tow truck in the early hours of April 29.

Also named in the lawsuit are the tow truck company and driver and the driver of the car who was getting help from the tow truck on Interstate 64.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Edited by larryb (05/24/07 04:01 PM)

#140471 - 05/24/07 05:40 PM Re: Someone help out Dean Hancock. [Re: larryb]
Hawk1990 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Shawnee, KS
Quote:

Also named in the lawsuit are the tow truck company and driver and the driver of the car who was getting help from the tow truck on Interstate 64.

Gotta love that one. It must fall under some obscure section of Mizzoorah law that says something like,

"Thou shalt not allow your car to break down while some drunk is barreling down the road at you without his seatbelt on and with a cell phone in his ear. And no tow truck shall be allowed to stop and assist said broken down motorist."

It must be tucked away with that statute that forbids mules in church, along with various other damn fool laws that somehow made it onto the books.

#140472 - 05/24/07 06:57 PM Re: Someone help out Dean Hancock. [Re: larryb]
Merg311 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Hays, KS
These kind of lawsuits infuriate me so much! Not only was he drunk, but he was on his cell phone and speeding...and marijuana was in his car. Seriously, I am sorry for Mr. Hancock's loss but you cannot go pointing fingers blaming this on other people, can you?

(Change your avatar man, it was better yesterday )

#140473 - 05/25/07 07:53 AM Re: Someone help out Dean Hancock. [Re: larryb]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Did he lawyer up with RMan?

#140474 - 05/25/07 10:17 AM Re: Someone help out Dean Hancock. [Re: jammahawk]
Roy_Als Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

As long as he's naming people maybe he should name the rental car company since it was a rental car, his cell phone provider, the car manufacturer, the cell phone manufacturer, etc. etc.................

#140475 - 05/25/07 01:07 PM Re: Someone help out Dean Hancock. [Re: Roy_Als]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

It's everyones fault but the hand that lifted the drink and poured it down his throat.

#140476 - 05/26/07 12:44 PM Re: Someone help out Dean Hancock. [Re: jammahawk]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
If he had someone in the car with him who was killed or he killed someone else - do you think the dead persons family would be suing anyone BUT the Hancock's?

#140477 - 05/26/07 08:21 PM Re: Someone help out Dean Hancock. [Re: larryb]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

I don't like the sue the world mentality, with the little information I have, I don't see anyone to blame but Hancock.

Preview