Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1400 - 03/31/04 08:03 PM Re: Interesting nuggets ***** [Re: Richardhead]
jhawk1979 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Red Stick, Louisiana
I'm one of the biggest Jayhawks fans you'll ever find, have been for over 40 years through thick and thin. But when I see that "We're the winningest team in the 90's crap" and all those other stats, it makes me want to puke.

It looks like we're searching the stats hard for something to brag about, because we sure as hell can't brag about winning the big one except twice over the last 52 years. I don't know how many times I've been told that by non-Jayhawk fans.

Non-Jayhawk fans just laugh at that stuff. I'd rather sit quiet and wait and brag about winning National Championships.

#1401 - 03/31/04 09:24 PM Re: Interesting nuggets [Re: jhawk1979]
marcion Offline
Prairie Warrior

I haven't been "searching the stats", but during the McD Allstar game tonight, I saw that UNC has had 43 MDAA's and ranked first in that area. Next was Duke and another school, then at fourth (?) was Kansas with 22. We can all see how much MDAA's can help a team.

#1402 - 04/01/04 08:25 AM Re: Interesting nuggets [Re: jhawk1979]
Richardhead Offline
Phog Fanatic

You are not a true fan. You need that validation of winning 6 games and getting a trophy to make you feel good about KU bball. While I am not saying that I don't really want NCs, being dominant for years at a time--decades--is the mark of a truly powerful and traditional program. Winning an NC simply takes a a bit of luck and 6 game win streak at the end of one year. If the fact that KU wins a lot of games makes you want to Puke, you better check your KU bball pulse...you're dead already.

So sit there and wait to win those NCs. Your life as far as being a basketball fan will be really boring.

#1403 - 04/01/04 12:00 PM Re: Interesting nuggets [Re: Richardhead]
elan71 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Fort Wayne, IN
i agree with what you are saying! i would be a kansas fan no matter if we won 30 games or 3 games. yes, winning national championships are great, come on, who doesn't think so. but it doesn't take one to make me proud of kansas basketball! i'll always be proud of kansas basketball!
"one beaker for another" philippians 4:13

#1404 - 04/01/04 12:10 PM Re: Interesting nuggets [Re: Richardhead]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Korova Milkbar
Here's a cool site. Hoopstournament.net

#1405 - 04/01/04 01:05 PM Re: Interesting nuggets [Re: Richardhead]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Our AD would say that you, Dickhead, are not a true fan. Where is your love for football, baseball, women's bball, volleyball, soccer etc. You are nothing but a bball bandwagoner.

#1406 - 04/01/04 01:10 PM Re: Interesting nuggets [Re: NotAPuke]
Richardhead Offline
Phog Fanatic

Show me where it says that in order to be a KU bball fan you have to be a fan of other sports? Nice try, Pukey, but I was making the point that you and 79 aren't true bball fans with all your [censored] and whining. As far as other sports, I have no idea how that affects our discussion of bball.

By the way,
I am a huge football fan.
I am a baseball fan.
I used to be a huge men's swimming fan, but some AD was such a doofus that he ended up having to cut the program.

Keep trying, lard arse.

#1407 - 04/01/04 01:14 PM Re: Interesting nuggets [Re: NotAPuke]
jensen Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Charleston, SC
Why do you feel the need to tell people they are fans? What purpose does that serve? I have read about 1550 of Richard's post and it is evident that he cares about KU.

#1408 - 04/01/04 01:20 PM Re: Interesting nuggets [Re: jensen]
elan71 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Fort Wayne, IN
cause he's trying to start a pissing contest!
"one beaker for another" philippians 4:13

#1409 - 04/01/04 06:16 PM Re: Interesting nuggets [Re: Richardhead]
jhawk1979 Offline
Baby Jay

Once again Dick Head, you missed the point. You're so frickin analytical that you just don't get it. You try to zero in on something, twist it, anything to make your point.

I DON'T NEED 6 WINS IN A ROW AND A TROPHY TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT KUBBALL. If that's the case, I would have been gone long, long ago. Remember, 2 NC's in 52 years? And only one in my lifetime. That's 47 years pal.

AND WINNING A LOT OF GAMES DOESN'T MAKE ME WANT TO PUKE. ITS THE DAMN BRAGGIN THAT MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE. Not winning the games.

If you look at my posts, which I could care less if you do, I have loved the Jayhawks through thick and thin, long before you were around. Hell when I lived in Kansas, I used to go to every game, every season, even when we were barely breakin 500. I used to go to all the Jayhawk Classics during Christmas breaks when AFH was a ghost town.

So don't tell me about about not being a true fan. I wonder how true of a fan YOU would be under those circumstances. I bet you'd be long gone given a few 15-15 seasons.

#1410 - 04/01/04 06:18 PM Re: Interesting nuggets [Re: elan71]
jhawk1979 Offline
Baby Jay

And you missed it too Elan

#1411 - 04/01/04 08:44 PM Re: Interesting nuggets [Re: jensen]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Nota has been hanging out on www.ihateroywilliams.com for too long. He is practically spewing jlions stuff verbatum.

#1412 - 04/01/04 09:57 PM Re: Interesting nuggets [Re: MICHHAWK]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Actually, didn't know it exists. You know where I hang out, you used to as well. Just call me one of those who came to realize that beating Washburn, Pitt State, Emporia, Hays and the Big XII pre 2002 wasn't that big a deal. Every year we'd talk about how wonderful it was, how great the ride was, how it was like family. Well, it wasn't. It was all about the guy from North Carolina. He felt so wonderful about KU that he refused to recruit east of the Mississippi. Glad he is gone.

The rest of the basketball world hears "most wins in the 90's" and chuckles. Its sort of like almost being pregnant. Wins are nice, but at the end of the day what did it mean? We are known as the Phil Micklesons of college basketball. My thoughts are that we now have a coach who gives a shi7 about KANSAS. We don't need nuggets from the last decade to feel good about Kansas Basketball.

#1413 - 04/01/04 11:08 PM Re: Interesting nuggets [Re: NotAPuke]
spathos Offline
Lost in Aussieland

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I see your point about KU's 'highest win percentage in the 90s' being worth about as much as KSU's 'decade of dominance', but what are we going to, do fire the guy who wins >90% of his games because he can't win the big one? I guess if we were Nebraska we'd consider it.

Finals Fours and Big 8/12 championships are great, and KU has more than a few of those. It's not about the nuggets or the national championships for me anyways, it's the atmosphere, the fans, and the players. The coach comes like 4-5th, even the really great ones like Phog Allen.

Spathos

#1414 - 04/02/04 08:36 AM Re: Interesting nuggets [Re: jhawk1979]
yomang Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

I think that it is time to recycle a post that was written by one of the most respected and most well liked former posters on this board, Copperhead. Frankly it hits the nail on the head regarding this situation.

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For at least the better part of a year you've worn the various hats of attack dog, prankster, moderator harasser and sadistic bully - especially to posters of lesser intellect.
You've posted the private address & phone number of someone completely unrelated to this board and more or less made participation here singularly unpleasant.
You make sport of my post number and some sort of imagined sycophantic following I've amassed. If you'd stayed with one screen name longer than a day, I figure you'd be in the thousands as well - and have as many enemies as I've made friends. No secret formula - I'm a nice guy and you are not.
Now, inexplicably, you're adopting the persona of nice guy basketball expert who just wants to exchange opinions with the peanut gallery. Knowing you as long as I have, all I can think of is - OK, here's the bait, when do we get the switch?
I suppose thanks are in order for running most of the regulars off to a private board - someplace far less stressful than one which tolerates the daily nonsense you've provided here.
With everything you've been responsible for over all these months, the fact that you can't understand why the moderators pick on you is beyond delusional.
One thing for sure - you've finally found a screen name that's truth in advertizing. I hope you wear it for a long time to let people know exactly what they're getting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought perhaps that you could behave Richardhead, but I have grown sick of you continually demeaning others on this board.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Preview