Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1352684 - 01/21/11 07:49 AM Re: Who do you want to replace BH? * [Re: 58hawk]
kuwins Offline
Prairie Warrior

I want Mulkey...it's Kansas or Baylor come on...new AD go after her and show her the money.

#1352685 - 01/25/11 10:16 PM Re: Who do you want to replace BH? [Re: jayhwk01]
prairiehawk Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: KS
If our new AD and KU are serious about having a top level (elite) women's basketball program to complement the men's program, then I would like to see another path taken. Rather than providing a name, I would like to see a strong search team put together that would identify perhaps the top 5-10 programs in the country. Then give the search team a financial package to offer a more than competitive edge to interest that coach and his/her staff. Hopefully, after getting that coach interested (and during the interview process) find out what types of improvements, changes, and/or additions to the program the new coach would like to have and put those into action.

Am I saying spend a lot of money? Damn right! But I absolutely believe here at KU, this could be a big time money making program, BUT ONLY IF IT WAS A BIG TIME WINNER. People here love GREAT basketball (remember the Women's NIT Championship game here a couple of years ago - 16,000 fans). Show a great coach the opportunity here to develop this into a very, very special women's program, and I believe he or she would take it. Remember, "If you build it they will come!"

Edited by prairiehawk (01/25/11 10:26 PM)

#1352686 - 01/27/11 10:19 AM Re: Who do you want to replace BH? [Re: prairiehawk]
pwhittemore Offline
Satellite Coords Mod

Loc: NYC
Quote:

Then give the search team a financial package to offer a more than competitive edge to interest that coach and his/her staff.

Am I saying spend a lot of money? Damn right! But I absolutely believe here at KU, this could be a big time money making program

ROFL.

#1352687 - 01/28/11 06:11 PM Re: Who do you want to replace BH? [Re: pwhittemore]
onlyoneUinKansas Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Oklahoma(Kansas is much better...
Quote:

Quote:

Then give the search team a financial package to offer a more than competitive edge to interest that coach and his/her staff.

Am I saying spend a lot of money? Damn right! But I absolutely believe here at KU, this could be a big time money making program

ROFL.

The problem is thats how we got Bonnie! She was honest to god a sought out coach at VT, Minny, Vandy and other programs tried to get her but she said no. Lew backed Brinks truck up and nabbed her. I NEVER thought she was anything special at VT but fans told me give her time and I would love her.............her time ran out 3 years ago. Is Stiles coaching anywhere? I know she had been doing clinics but wasn't sure if she was an assistant?(she spoke with Bonnie about it but Bonnie was going to give her another job that Jackie said no to). Stiles is probably the BIGGEST Jayhawk at heart of any of us. HEARTBREAKING that Marian didn't offer her but she went to play for a KU alum anyways.

TM can our new coach buy our players laptops like Deb did for Koehn? The best quote ever was out of Wecker "if I knew what I do now I wouldn't have went there......"

#1352688 - 01/28/11 08:40 PM Re: Who do you want to replace BH? [Re: onlyoneUinKansas]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
ahh, once more, it's all about k-state.

but why not. long time tradition is hard to catch.

#1352689 - 01/28/11 09:36 PM Re: Who do you want to replace BH? [Re: tmcats]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Posted this on another thread...

I would prefer to see someone like Barry Hinson take over the WBB team and get Lynette as an assistant with a retired WNBA'er as the third assistant.

Everyone would prefer Pat Summit or Geno but that's not going to happen.

#1352690 - 01/29/11 11:25 AM Re: Who do you want to replace BH? [Re: NotAPuke]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Jim Littell would bring Jackie Stiles as an assistant. Get Littell. He'll have us in the tournament within three years.

#1352691 - 01/29/11 08:46 PM Re: Who do you want to replace BH? [Re: jaihaux]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

NO JUCO COACHES.

#1352692 - 01/30/11 01:32 AM Re: Who do you want to replace BH? [Re: NotAPuke]
theno1kufan Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I nominate another BH, B of H. He'd turn the women's team into champions(or at least an entertaing bball team).

#1352693 - 01/31/11 08:28 AM Re: Who do you want to replace BH? [Re: NotAPuke]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Quote:

NO JUCO COACHES.

Not even a Kansas guy? A guy who would outrecruit the Rev. Bonnie for Kansas players? Not even a guy who has had tremendous success everywhere he's been? That's fine, we take our chances with another accomplished coach like Bonnie instead of doing the smart thing and giving Jim Littell a long overdue head coaching position.

Again, Littell would have KU in the NCAA Tournament within three years, maybe sooner.

#1352694 - 01/31/11 11:13 AM Re: Who do you want to replace BH? [Re: jaihaux]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Juco's, unlike KU have zero entrance requirements. Bonnie can recruit, she can't coach.

#1352695 - 01/31/11 11:56 AM Re: Who do you want to replace BH? [Re: jaihaux]
jayhawk1996 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Quote:

Quote:

NO JUCO COACHES.

Not even a Kansas guy? A guy who would outrecruit the Rev. Bonnie for Kansas players? Not even a guy who has had tremendous success everywhere he's been? That's fine, we take our chances with another accomplished coach like Bonnie instead of doing the smart thing and giving Jim Littell a long overdue head coaching position.

Again, Littell would have KU in the NCAA Tournament within three years, maybe sooner.

Get Littell and pay him whatever it takes. He's been a top assistant at Okie State long enough to know how to coach at this leve.

#1352696 - 01/31/11 01:07 PM Re: Who do you want to replace BH? [Re: NotAPuke]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

Bonnie can recruit, she can't coach

are you suggesting she out-recruits deb. i don't think so. best player on the court saturday was jalana childs. i wouldn't trade karr and brit for any guard on ku's team. sorry, i've never bought that she somehow recruits better than patterson.

#1352697 - 01/31/11 01:24 PM Re: Who do you want to replace BH? [Re: tmcats]
jayhawk1996 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Quote:

Quote:

Bonnie can recruit, she can't coach

are you suggesting she out-recruits deb.

Didn't see a mention of Deb there, nor was one implied, but anything you can do to inject yourself and K-State into the conversation....

Again, the thread topic is "Who do you want to replace BH?"

#1352698 - 01/31/11 01:34 PM Re: Who do you want to replace BH? [Re: jayhawk1996]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

i don't believe it was your post i was commenting on. how do you know what was being implied by nap? that's why i asked him the question.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview