Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1348956 - 01/09/11 09:51 AM Time For Bonnie To Go
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Here we go again in conference play. This time there are no injury excuses. How much time does she have left on her contract? I don't see the new AD pulling the trigger since he doesn't want to make decisions that buck the status quo. I think the ultimatum should be that she has to make the NCAA tourney this year or she is gone.

#1348957 - 01/09/11 10:02 AM Re: Time For Bonnie To Go [Re: 58hawk]
jhawk1979 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Red Stick, Louisiana
How good is the fan support when they play in AFH?

#1348958 - 01/09/11 04:01 PM Re: Time For Bonnie To Go [Re: jhawk1979]
Code_2008 Offline
WBB Moderator

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
Let's just say the band had to move their cases for the first time this year. There was more people there in AFH last night than usual.

#1348959 - 01/09/11 04:32 PM Re: Time For Bonnie To Go [Re: Code_2008]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Team has the mental toughness of a marshmallow.

#1348960 - 01/10/11 07:19 PM Re: Time For Bonnie To Go [Re: NotAPuke]
bighawk84 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: USA
Quote:

Team has the mental toughness of a marshmallow.

Take that back notapuke! You just insulted Stay Puff the marshmallow man!

#1348961 - 01/10/11 09:58 PM Re: Time For Bonnie To Go [Re: bighawk84]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
That means we have to cross our streams?

#1348962 - 01/13/11 11:02 AM Re: Time For Bonnie To Go [Re: NotAPuke]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
not so fast. nice win in cu's gym.

#1348963 - 01/14/11 08:37 AM Re: Time For Bonnie To Go [Re: NotAPuke]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Quote:

That means we have to cross our streams?

Excuse me NAP. You said crossing the streams was bad.

#1348964 - 01/17/11 04:49 PM Re: Time For Bonnie To Go [Re: jaihaux]
bighawk84 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: USA
Thats one big Twinkie!

#1348965 - 01/21/11 02:14 PM Re: Time For Bonnie To Go [Re: tmcats]
dnvrhawk Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Ganja State
Quote:

not so fast. nice win in cu's gym.

CU sucks.

#1348966 - 01/24/11 10:36 PM Re: Time For Bonnie To Go [Re: dnvrhawk]
prairiehawk Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: KS
I attended most of the KU games with HCMW in charge, and I have attended a majority of the games during the Bonnie Henrickson Era. Also, I have coached both men and women's basketball, but I did not reach the level of D1 head coach, so maybe I am not qualified to comment too far,but as a fan and student of the game I won't be attending any more of the women's basketball games at KU, until some big changes occur. It's not really a matter of winning or losing, because whether we win or lose I see the same unacceptable play. What I can not take anymore are the following: 1) Very high number of turn-overs (mostly unforced turn-overs) seemingly every game/every year, 2) Very poor execution of fundamentals, especially blocking out, passing, over-all ball handling, and communication on defense, 3) Very poor focus and attention to what needs to happen at the end of the game (lack and/or understanding of smart play), 4) Lack of making even simple adjustments, especially during the second half of game play, 5) Almost always in close games, terrible mis-management of the clock, especially with KU in the lead, and 6) Too often (especially against Big 12 competition) the team seems to play without fire or strong passion and/or any true confidence (the play is weak and laid back).

Lastly, I can only imagine how tough it is to recruit in the Big 12, but during the last 5 or 6 seasons, I had hoped to see faster, stronger, and more physical players to match-up with other Big 12 teams. And also players that would play with attitude, meaning tough, strong, bring it on style of play. If KU could not recruit the elite players, and I am not sold on that being impossible, at least recruit players that would work extremely hard and develop into the type of player stated above. Most of all recruit players that are athletic, fast, and tough regardless how short or tall. Oh well, I have had enough, both with this thread and with the program, I'm done!

#1348967 - 01/25/11 11:29 AM Re: Time For Bonnie To Go [Re: prairiehawk]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

I watched the OU game, and I'm saddened to admit that I agree with you.

The team didn't try. The girls gave up within the first 10 minutes.

Defense amounted to standing around watching OU shoot. Poor defensive stances. Slow to shuffle the feet. One simple ball screen was all it took to get a Sooner wide open for an uncontested shot.

That's not a lack of talent, it's a lack of effort. It's a lack of learning the simple basics.

Effort and teamwork isn't about how many times the officials tell your bench to sit down. Effort and teamwork is running, sweating, getting floor burns, and making your muscles ACHE because you refuse to come out of your proper stance. Teamwork is a refusal to let your teammate down by not turning yourself inside out to stay in front of your opponent. If they are more talented, at least make them prove it by making shots over your outstretched hand. Don't stand around gawking.

The team is lazy and sloppy because the coaches are not insisting on the team executing the simple basketball basics that are taught in basketball camps for 10yr olds.

Players that don't work hard and do the basics, no matter how talented they are, no matter how overmatched they might be vs any opponent, should not have the honor of wearing "Kansas" on their chest and stepping on James Naismith Court.

#1348968 - 01/25/11 11:33 AM Re: Time For Bonnie To Go [Re: 5DecadeHawk]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
reads like an assessment of marian washington's last few years.

#1348969 - 01/25/11 11:35 AM Re: Time For Bonnie To Go [Re: tmcats]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

If it wasn't against message board rules, timmy, I'd tell you to go _____ yourself.

#1348970 - 01/25/11 11:55 AM Re: Time For Bonnie To Go [Re: tmcats]
jayhawk1996 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Which is why it's "Time for Bonnie to Go"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview