Page 56 of 57 < 1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#14136 - 09/30/06 10:30 PM Re: Official Nebraska Vs. Ku Thread [Re: HawkInDaHaus89]
trojanhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: LA, CA
I'll be there covered in BLUE!! I'll try to bring some KU alum with me who don't care about sports....

#14137 - 09/30/06 10:31 PM Re: Official Nebraska Vs. Ku Thread [Re: used_cars]
stevemize Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: World Golf Village, FL
I am thoroughly pissed off. This game should not have gone to OT. Had we not turned the ball over early in the game and had we NOT nutted crucial special teams playes. But as my Grandfather always said, "If my Aunt had nuts, she'd be my Uncle." I hate losing, but I really hate giving games away.

#14138 - 09/30/06 10:35 PM Re: Official Nebraska Vs. Ku Thread [Re: stevemize]
swishymcjayhawk Offline
get off my lawn

Loc: KC, MO
it was a helluva game. the important thing is KSuck got beat by BAYLOR!

#14139 - 09/30/06 10:40 PM Re: Official Nebraska Vs. Ku Thread [Re: stevemize]
trojanhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: LA, CA
Who knows though... Maybe the early turnovers helped spark something in Barmann and Q. We can't know for sure what would have happened.

KU dominated the NU defense, which is pretty impressive. I still say that NU is very unimpressive. This is a young KU team, and NU is thinking BCS bowls. Yeah right.

Congratulations to Barmann for one hell of a turnaround. Even MORE congratulations to the OLine. OMG were they fantastic against the pass rush. Switching Damback to left tackle was a great idea. Defense looked good, especially on the run. But guys like Mohammed and Bueltel really shouldn't see too much PT. Absolutely pathetic getting burned deep. Webb has an excuse (inexperience), but not those guys. Talib and Thornton can't cover the entire field...

#14140 - 09/30/06 10:43 PM Re: Official Nebraska Vs. Ku Thread [Re: trojanhawk]
used_cars Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Dallas, TX
Barmann only seems to play well when he doesn't have a chance to win. It's like he's Rocky Balboa if Rocky never won.

#14141 - 09/30/06 10:52 PM Re: Official Nebraska Vs. Ku Thread [Re: used_cars]
claimer Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Cap City
My grandfather uses to say the same thing about his aunt.

#14142 - 09/30/06 10:59 PM Re: Official Nebraska Vs. Ku Thread [Re: claimer]
claimer Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Cap City
3rd and 17...

#14143 - 09/30/06 11:41 PM Re: Official Nebraska Vs. Ku Thread [Re: claimer]
Husker21st Offline
Prairie Warrior

Hey Jayhawk fans!

You have me convinced. KU is the real deal! Your defense shut down our run game and your passing game lit up our "D."

I'm impressed! I know the outcome isn't the way you wanted it, but you played to win and, I hate to admit it, outplayed us by a long shot. If it hadn't been for a few mistakes by KU, this ballgame probably would've gone WAY the other way.

I'll be rooting for KU the rest of the season. You guys have a hell of a team!

Good game!

Husker21st

#14144 - 10/01/06 12:11 AM Re: Official Nebraska Vs. Ku Thread [Re: Husker21st]
phoggystyle Offline
Baby Jay

Thanks Husker. You know my first instinct was to complain about a couple of calls at the end of the game. But after calming down, I'm just proud that my team was involved in a game like that. I'd rather have won, but hey, poop happens. The husker fans that have come on here since the game have made me think twice about 'hating' other teams...except ksU and fizzou (I'm not that changed!) What a game, what an effort. And what an example of a classy act there Husker21st. I can honestly say that I'll be rooting for you guys the rest of this season as well.

#14145 - 10/01/06 07:43 AM Re: Official Nebraska Vs. Ku Thread [Re: phoggystyle]
nejayhawk Offline
Big Dipper

I was pissed about one thing more than losing the game last night, the Husker fans starting the wave when Washington was down. Show some respect and concern for a player who could have been very injured. That's not classy or sportsmanlike at all.

I was in the student section, hearing things like "What the [censored]?" and "We suck, we suck" from the people around me really made me wonder how supportive a lot of the Husker fans are of their team... "fair weather fans"... I think so... although Husker21st seems to be a very good fan, and I thank him for his class.

Good luck the rest of the season Huskers, it was a hell of a game... I'm already getting pumped for next year in Lawrence.

#14146 - 10/01/06 08:07 AM Re: Official Nebraska Vs. Ku Thread [Re: nejayhawk]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
NU fans can be even more bandwagon than KSU fans (if that's possible). Right now, I have a feeling several tickets to some of NU's future games just became available, but two more years after they figure out Callapinkel isn't their guy and they get some other washed out exNFL type in there, the cult will be alive and kicking once again.

RCJHKU!

#14147 - 10/01/06 10:34 AM Re: Official Nebraska Vs. Ku Thread [Re: KUHawkhead]
badair Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Topeka
Let's be honest Fellow Hawks, all Big 12 fans (except Missouri) are good people just like us. They live and die every week based on the score of their own team and, with the exception of a few jerks on every campus, suffer along with the rest of us over an injured player on either team.Hell, I've even known a few outstanding people at Manhattan who always pull for KU when they're playing another team! But that bunch from Missouri------

#14148 - 10/01/06 01:02 PM Re: Official Nebraska Vs. Ku Thread [Re: drewdun]
rockchalkjjjhawk Offline
Seer

Quote:

Once again, the play calling. A FADE on the last play...AGAIN? That play has killed us more than once this year alone, hell, it killed us in this game once already. Q needs to find another program to call home.

That being said, this was a gutsy performance by our Jayhawks. I'm just glad Washington is not hurt.

After some time to think I got on to make some observations about some of the red zone play calls and saw this post. Bingo. If you're playing any kind of odds game, this is the play, pro or collegiate, that has a lower percentage of success than almost any play. Different bumping from unique defensive play, different size of defensive play, different turf, different environmental conditions, a little stumble here or there, a perfect non-rushed lob in varying wind conditions. Two games ago, same play, different QB, different result, still bad result but underthrown instead of overthrown (actually probably not overthrown - just a stumble, etc).

Between that play and the QB sweep-keeper/option, we've lost 28 points in the last 3 games. 14 for each. If we're going to throw it in the endzone, which I have no problem with, I'd prefer to see anything but the timed fade/lob play. Anything where the ball is actually thrown TO someone whom is seen to be open or has just made a move that is obviously going to result in being open. Anticipating that something will happen with exactness, with so many variables at play, is not statistically wise. Unless of course the opponent is way inferior. Then it's no different than practicing the same play in practice and being off a little can be compensated for.

I do want to say, though, that the play calling for most of the game was actually pretty darn good.

#14149 - 10/01/06 04:49 PM Re: Official Nebraska Vs. Ku Thread [Re: rockchalkjjjhawk]
heycobo Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence
imo, there were a lot of terrible play calls near the goal line. my favorite being the play action to cornish where barmann kept it and coughed it up. second favorite, the option to the short side of the field. i was extremely nervous that play, but luckily it went for no gain.

it was an awesome game. i've never cheared for ku as much as i did that game, but i'm sure my hate for the corn had something to do with that.

#14150 - 10/01/06 06:48 PM Re: Official Nebraska Vs. Ku Thread [Re: badair]
RockChalkTrojan Offline
Bleed Crimson

Loc: Washington, DC
Quote:

Let's be honest Fellow Hawks, all Big 12 fans (except Missouri) are good people just like us.

Um. Surely you've forgotten to exclude Texas Jackasses from that category of good people. Trust me, I was at the KU-UT game in '04 at Memorial. I was ready to jump the fence. Off. pass interference call, UT wins, I hear crap from UT fans all the way out. Eventually a KU dad DID punch one of them, but still. ASS-HOLES.

Page 56 of 57 < 1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 >

Preview