Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131671 - 04/23/07 06:53 PM ESPN and NY vs Boston
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Does NY and Boston play every frickin week-end? Give it a break ESPN. The Four straight home runs by Boston was great, but Sports Center played it three times in a 20 minute span.
It's only April, do the Red Sox and Yankees play each other a 100 more times?

#131672 - 04/23/07 10:24 PM Re: ESPN and NY vs Boston [Re: jammahawk]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
If ESPN says it's big, then it is. See Duke-Carolina.

#131673 - 04/24/07 08:12 AM Re: ESPN and NY vs Boston [Re: jaihaux]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Loc: 41 N 87 W
It is debatable but the Yankees - Red Sox may be the best rivalry in all of American sports. ESPN broadcasts and reports about sports. The Yankees are the most popular (and hated) franchise in all of American sports. It may suck to have all the Yankees and Red Sox crap thrown in our faces but ESPN gives the east coast people what they desire. Any one who has been to a Yankees - Red Sox game understands that to their fans their team is equal to or more of a "religion" than KU basketball is to KU fans.

#131674 - 04/24/07 08:48 AM Re: ESPN and NY vs Boston [Re: kuking123]
Roy_Als Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

I just wish they would show more close ups of "The Boss" when the Yankee$ lose.

#131675 - 04/24/07 08:52 AM Re: ESPN and NY vs Boston [Re: kuking123]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

It is a rivalry for the East Coast, for most of the Midwest and Wesr Coast, it is a manufactured rivalry being force feed to us by ESPN.
Why don't NY and Boston just schedule 162 games between themselves.

#131676 - 04/24/07 09:19 AM Re: ESPN and NY vs Boston [Re: jammahawk]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: 911's A Joke!
Regardless if you hate both teams, tradition NEVER dies. And not to mention thee GREATEST rivalry in ALL of sports. Face it, most people would rather see Yankees v. Red Sox than, let's say, Dodgers v. Giants, Cubs v. Cardinals or even Mets v. Yankees. Critics, reporters and talk shows are ruled by this series every year so it must mean something to company's like ESPN and FOX. Sure the Midwest would argue Cubs v. Cardinals, the West Coast Giants v. Dodgers, but let's be nutritious about this. Yankees are the foundation of baseball. And let me say, Boston played a huge part in that building process.

#131677 - 04/24/07 09:37 AM Re: ESPN and NY vs Boston [Re: JHAWX75]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Loc: 41 N 87 W
Take it from a Midwest guy who has been to at least 25 Cubs - Cardinals games and 2 Yankees - Red Sox games. I have attended Bears - Packers games, a Celtics - Lakers game back in the Magic & Bird era. The Yankees - Red Sox rivalry is the best in American professional sports. Period.

#131678 - 04/24/07 09:46 AM Re: ESPN and NY vs Boston [Re: kuking123]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Great rivalry, but quit shoving it down my throat. I don't need to see the NY/Boston highlites on Sportscenter four times before I here the update of my team, or most other teams once.
The rivalry stands on it's own, ESPN is just wearing it out.

#131679 - 04/24/07 09:51 AM Re: ESPN and NY vs Boston [Re: JHAWX75]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

No doubt a great rivalry. No doubt it is being run into the ground.
I go to about 10 Royals games a year, I try to catch a dfferent team each time I go. I like to see the variety that the league offers. Believe me, there are other great players to watch, other than the ones we are forced to watch in NY and Boston.

#131680 - 04/24/07 10:21 AM Re: ESPN and NY vs Boston [Re: jammahawk]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

ARod is having a Ruth, Barroid and Splinter year wrapped in one month. That is why they(yankees) lead off EVERY night. What are they gonna lead of with, Royals v. Reds? Only on a perfect game. Yankees would be 3rd or 4th story if not for ARod.

How is this getting ran in the ground? It's the first series between the two and ESPN picks up 2 out of 3 for the weekend. Fox got the other. What, you think when last Sunday night rolled around Padres and Braves should be on ESPN at 7:00 v. Yankees/Red Sox?

I think the baseball world realizes that there are just as good of players or better out there. Your blowin' this thing up way to heavy.

And, If your favorite team were playing you would have ZERO beef!

#131681 - 04/24/07 10:35 AM Re: ESPN and NY vs Boston [Re: JHAWX75]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

You're not getting everything I'm saying. I'm not denying the greatness of the rivalry. It's overexposed. Period.
Today is Tuesday, this AM I put on SportsCenter, and they are still playing highlights from the NY/Boston week-end series. That is running it into the ground. Move on ESPN, other games are being played.
I watched the NY/Boston games, enjoyed it, had October drama at times, but it is TUESDAY now, if I see it again, I think I'll puke!

Edited by jammahawk (04/24/07 10:36 AM)

#131682 - 04/24/07 10:39 AM Re: ESPN and NY vs Boston [Re: jammahawk]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

You do realise they play again this weekend. All they are doin is keeping it fresh for the weekend jamma.

#131683 - 04/24/07 12:14 PM Re: ESPN and NY vs Boston [Re: JHAWX75]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Fresh? THe series is as fresh as 3 day old underwear. It's all good, go ahead and enjoy your two team division.

Preview