Page 47 of 47 < 1 2 ... 45 46 47
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1945252 - 08/14/13 10:30 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? * [Re: Astronaut]
Naismith Offline
The Founder

Loc: Memorial Park Cemetery, KS.
Originally Posted By: Astronaut
When it's all you've got, Naismith- and it is all you've got- go with it.

Maybe next time, you could refute Kierkegaard. Or Hegel. Or Kant.

Well, not you. The abstract you.

All I've got? lol .. uh, ok.

Well, when it comes to religion, its all I (or anyone else for that matter), needs....

#1945254 - 08/14/13 10:33 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: Shirley]
Naismith Offline
The Founder

Loc: Memorial Park Cemetery, KS.
Originally Posted By: Shirley

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus."

nice... Didn't know Jefferson had said that.

#1945307 - 08/15/13 09:24 AM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: Shirley]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
A year ago there was a near 2-hour debate called "Does Got Exist" between Trent Horn (Catholic) and Jim Travis (atheist). It's pretty interesting.

For those that don't want to listen to the full 2 hours, they each give an opening talk right at the start and the final statements begin at 1:38:10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdLiANR1PtA

#1948770 - 09/13/13 02:04 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: Shirley]
Shirley Offline
Pelvic Missionary

Law enforcement officers arrested a Florida pastor Wednesday as he drove to a park to light nearly 3,000 Qurans on fire to protest the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

Polk County sheriff's deputies arrested Pastor Terry Jones, 61, and his associate pastor, Marvin Sapp Jr., 44, each on a felony charge of unlawful conveyance of fuel as they traveled in a pickup truck towing a large barbecue-style grill filled with Qurans soaked in kerosene. Jones had doused the Qurans after he met Sapp at a McDonald's, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said Wednesday night.

Sheriff's officials said that Jones was also charged with unlawful open-carry of a firearm, a misdemeanor, and that Sapp faces a charge of having no valid registration for the trailer.

When Jones got out of his vehicle at the McDonald's on State Road 60 in Mulberry he was openly carrying a firearm, Judd said.

“As he prepared to go to the park to burn the Qurans as he said he was going to do in violation of the law, the next thing he did was opened up a drum, a container, that he towed behind his truck. And then he took kerosene and doused the Qurans in the parking lot of McDonald’s," Judd said at a press conference. "The McDonald’s manager came and told him to leave. Well, now what he’s done is he’s taken a flammable liquid from a legal container and put it or poured it into an illegal container."

[...]

#1948780 - 09/13/13 03:28 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: Shirley]
Phog1004 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KC
lol, this must have been difficult for you to decide which thread to put this in, as it involves your 2 favorite things to hate religion and cops.....had a couple options with the I-hate-religious-people thread.....or the I-hate-cops-arresting-law-breaking-citizens thread.

looks like your hate for religion won out.

#1948782 - 09/13/13 03:41 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: Shirley]
Shirley Offline
Pelvic Missionary

You know me so well.

BTW, I meant to thank you for telling Jayshep my occupation. It's a relief to know I can rely on you to monitor my threads so diligently.

#1948790 - 09/13/13 04:40 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: Phog1004]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
Nobody's hating on religion.

Just pointing out how it makes people dumb.

Which it does.

The bible-banging nut in Florida is a great example.

#1949378 - 09/17/13 11:30 AM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: Shirley]
Phog1004 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KC
Originally Posted By: Shirley
You know me so well.

BTW, I meant to thank you for telling Jayshep my occupation. It's a relief to know I can rely on you to monitor my threads so diligently.

no worries Shirls, just figured since we knew his, it was all good.....I mean it's not like you are ashamed of it (nor should you be)

Originally Posted By: jayhawker2004

yes, Religion really dumbed down that Einstein fellow.

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction."

#1950512 - 09/29/13 01:25 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: Shirley]
Shirley Offline
Pelvic Missionary

"My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment."

Albert Einstein

#1950571 - 09/30/13 12:45 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: jahawker2004]
Astronaut Offline
Deep Thinker

Loc: Wherever Deep Thinkers gather
Originally Posted By: jahawker2004

What do you blame?

#1950572 - 09/30/13 12:58 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: Shirley]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Lol

#1952412 - 10/17/13 07:09 AM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: Shirley]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Loc: JayhawkLaw office Lobby

#2026072 - 01/10/18 09:20 AM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: Shirley]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land

#2026073 - 01/10/18 09:21 AM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: Shirley]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Hint: God cannot write the bible if he exist, and the Bible does exist so who wrote it?

#2026079 - 01/10/18 10:38 AM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: Maximus]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
Cliff Alexander.

(Great post btw)

Page 47 of 47 < 1 2 ... 45 46 47

Preview