Page 3 of 47 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 46 47 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1271004 - 09/29/10 03:37 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? * [Re: jayhawklouie]
pwhittemore Offline
Satellite Coords Mod

Loc: NYC
God works in mysterious ways.

#1271005 - 09/29/10 03:58 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: pwhittemore]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Quote:

Well, at least He has a job.

#1271006 - 09/29/10 03:58 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: jayhawker010]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
"Did religion make people dumb? Or did dumb people make religion?"

Neither IMO.
It is human nature to look for an easier way for every endeavour. Religion offers that.
People had questions they couldn't answer so they created an authority to validate their answers. When those answers don't stand up they re-interpret, and...
Thank God for forgiveness.

#1271007 - 09/29/10 03:59 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
pwhittemore Offline
Satellite Coords Mod

Loc: NYC
Quote:

Quote:

We talking about Singletary?

#1271008 - 09/29/10 04:05 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: pwhittemore]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Some Bears fans might still capitalize "he" when referring to Singletary.

#1271009 - 09/29/10 04:14 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: jayhawklouie]
larryb2 Offline
Am I Wrong?

Loc: United Center
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Some Bears fans might still capitalize "he" when referring to Singletary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSY_VagaE_g

#1271010 - 09/29/10 04:19 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: appyhawk]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
Quote:

"It is human nature to look for an easier way for every endeavour. Religion offers that.
People had questions they couldn't answer so they created an authority to validate their answers. When those answers don't stand up they re-interpret, and...

I think it would be easier to not believe. This world is pretty random and crazy and cruel many times.

Sometimes it's hard to believe a God could allow such suffering and devastation for so many. It's easier for some to just give up and think He doesn't exist.

It's much harder to believe there's a reason for everything, no matter how sucky. It's faith. Nothing more.

#1271011 - 09/29/10 04:24 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: jayhawklouie]
larryb2 Offline
Am I Wrong?

Loc: United Center
Quote:

Quote:

"It is human nature to look for an easier way for every endeavour. Religion offers that.

I think it would be easier to not believe. This world is pretty random and crazy and cruel many times.

Sometimes it's hard to believe a God could allow such suffering and devastation for so many. It's easier for some to just give up and think He doesn't exist.

It's much harder to believe there's a reason for everything, no matter how sucky. It's faith. Nothing more.

I still don't know if I believe in God but I will say there have been times when I thanked him/her/it and times when I have cursed him/her/it. My guess is he/she/it couldn't give a flying [censored] about me and if I gave him/her/it praise or cursed him/her/it. I wish someone could convince me otherwise.

#1271012 - 09/29/10 04:42 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: larryb2]
t_jayhawk Offline
suck it, asswipes

Loc: evansville, indiana
Quote:

My guess is he/she/it couldn't give a flying [censored] about me

just like everyone else that knows you/has met you/is living.

#1271013 - 09/29/10 04:46 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: t_jayhawk]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Do you give thanks to God for your resurrection from the dead? Seems like a little credit where credit is due. I mean, you were stone cold and your eyes were magotty.

#1271014 - 09/29/10 04:50 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
t_jayhawk Offline
suck it, asswipes

Loc: evansville, indiana
i was never actually dead. it was more the nikki sixx heroin overdose type of dead.

#1271015 - 09/29/10 04:57 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: jayhawklouie]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
Quote:

Quote:

Appy has his own set of superstitions and myths. He just doesn't like to think of them as such.

#1271016 - 09/29/10 05:02 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: larryb2]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Korova Milkbar
Quote:

My guess is he/she/it couldn't give a flying [censored] about me and if I gave him/her/it praise or cursed him/her/it. I wish someone could convince me otherwise.

That would make you a deist.

#1271017 - 09/29/10 06:39 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: RManFlint]
jayhawker010 Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: WtW
Until someone can prove me wrong, I'm right. When someone does prove me wrong, I'm still right.

#1271018 - 09/29/10 06:44 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: jayhawker010]
alexoobers Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

You're retarded.

Now prove me wrong.

Page 3 of 47 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 46 47 >

Preview