Page 2 of 47 < 1 2 3 4 ... 46 47 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1270989 - 09/29/10 11:56 AM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? * [Re: DCHawk1]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Loc: JayhawkLaw office Lobby

#1270990 - 09/29/10 11:57 AM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: Geezer]
jhawks99 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lexington, KY
The fries look good.

#1270991 - 09/29/10 12:02 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: jhawks99]
jeffreylebowski2 Offline

Quote:

The fries look good.

That's cuz god made dem dat way

#1270992 - 09/29/10 12:04 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: DCHawk1]
Shirley Offline
Pelvic Missionary

Sometimes it's easy for a reasonable person to forget just how creepy some of this gets:

Four in 10 Catholics misunderstood the meaning of their church's central ritual, incorrectly saying that the bread and wine used in Holy Communion are intended to merely symbolize the body and blood of Christ, not actually become them.

Is it time to say: "EEEeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwe!", yet?

Full disclosure: Lord knows, I would have missed that question, too.

#1270993 - 09/29/10 12:14 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: RManFlint]
jayhawker010 Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: WtW
Quote:

On the contrary, I think the results mean that if you're dumb you believe in God. It's a chicken/egg hypothesis

Did religion make people dumb? Or did dumb people make religion?

#1270994 - 09/29/10 12:21 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: Geezer]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Korova Milkbar
Quote:

Uh, thanks for the offer, but I think I've got a slice of Bengal Tiger pizza in the fridge.

#1270995 - 09/29/10 12:35 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: RManFlint]
stumptownhawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: oregon
Were people atheists before the concept of God was developed?

#1270996 - 09/29/10 12:48 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: Shirley]
bpritchett Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Exile
[/shrug]

Not surprising that the majority is complacent and the minority -- atheists, agnostics, Jews and LDS -- aren't, and have been forced by circumstances (or osmosis) to acquire knowledge about the majority. I'd think you find the same in other areas, too.

I agree that this is the most worrying finding:

Quote:

For comparison purposes, the survey also asked some questions about general knowledge, which yielded the scariest finding: 4% of Americans believe that Stephen King, not Herman Melville, wrote "Moby Dick."

Stephen King? Stephen King!!??

#1270997 - 09/29/10 12:52 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: bpritchett]
larryb2 Offline
Am I Wrong?

Loc: United Center
Quote:

[/shrug]

Not surprising that the majority is complacent and the minority -- atheists, agnostics, Jews and LDS -- aren't, and have been forced by circumstances (or osmosis) to acquire knowledge about the majority. I'd think you find the same in other areas, too.

I agree that this is the most worrying finding:

Quote:

For comparison purposes, the survey also asked some questions about general knowledge, which yielded the scariest finding: 4% of Americans believe that Stephen King, not Herman Melville, wrote "Moby Dick."

Stephen King? Stephen King!!??

Everyone knows Led Zeppelin wrote Moby Dick!

Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRuTcnd8YLU

P.S. I knew a girl in high school that thought John Bonham was God. She named her black cat after him.

#1270998 - 09/29/10 01:50 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: jeffreylebowski2]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Quote:

This is nothing new. Most 'Christians' have no clue what the bible actually says. They are some of the dumbest people on the planet.

The thread is titled with "Religion", not Christian, but everyone is taking a dump on the Christian faith, why not Muslim, Jewish, Hindu..... etc....
Are followers of other faiths also the dumbest people on the planet?

#1270999 - 09/29/10 01:51 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: jammahawk]
alexoobers Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

What a perfect thread for the resident tools of the board.

#1271000 - 09/29/10 02:11 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: jammahawk]
jayhawk96 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Denver
Quote:

Quote:

This is nothing new. Most 'Christians' have no clue what the bible actually says. They are some of the dumbest people on the planet.

The thread is titled with "Religion", not Christian, but everyone is taking a dump on the Christian faith, why not Muslim, Jewish, Hindu..... etc....

The first thing they have in their favor is they don't believe Jesus is the son of God.

#1271001 - 09/29/10 02:23 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: jammahawk]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

Quote:

Actually, the dumbest are minority Christians.

#1271002 - 09/29/10 02:25 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: alexoobers]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

What a perfect thread for the resident tools of the board.

I agree. We cool kids can just sit here and laugh at them.

#1271003 - 09/29/10 02:44 PM Re: More Evidence That Religion Makes You Dumb? [Re: jammahawk]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
Quote:

Great point.

Mike Singletary....wearing a huge cross for all to see, and coaching an 0-3 team who looks very poorly-coached....isn't exactly helping prove this thread wrong for God-fearing Believers like myself.

Page 2 of 47 < 1 2 3 4 ... 46 47 >

Preview