Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#12634 - 09/01/06 01:40 PM Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze
mexicanhawk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Kansas
This attitude is unacceptable. Those days are over. Any student that wears those shirts needs to be reminded that the Terry Allen years are over.

#12635 - 09/01/06 01:41 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: mexicanhawk]
mexicanhawk Offline
Baby Jay

Oh yeah, and another thing. What is up with more people viewing the basketball forum than football??!! I mean, come on people! The season starts tomorrow for God's sake!

#12636 - 09/01/06 02:16 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: mexicanhawk]
flange Offline
John Brown

Loc: Folsom, CA
Quote:

This attitude is unacceptable. Those days are over. Any student that wears those shirts needs to be reminded that the Terry Allen years are over.

I agree 100%. I cringe every time I see one of those stupid shirts, and not because I don't like drinking and partying.

#12637 - 09/01/06 02:18 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: flange]
KUColBond Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Westminster, CO
I remember when I was watching a KU basketball game on TV and saw a girl wearing one of those sitting right behind the commentators. Makes KU look really bad.

#12638 - 09/01/06 02:23 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: KUColBond]
kansasnation Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Quote:

I remember when I was watching a KU basketball game on TV and saw a girl wearing one of those sitting right behind the commentators. Makes KU look really bad.

How does it make KU look bad? Because some students at KU like to get drunk? I'm sure KU is the only school with students that like to drink. I'm not a big fan of the shirts either but come on people, quit bitching for the sake of bitching.

#12639 - 09/01/06 02:29 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: kansasnation]
KUColBond Offline
Baby Jay

Because it gives the impression that KU students care more about drinking than anything else.

And for the record, this is because of my personal beliefs, not because I need something to complain about. I've never liked the shirts.

Edited by KUColBond (09/01/06 02:30 PM)

#12640 - 09/01/06 02:36 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: KUColBond]
kansasnation Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Quote:

Because it gives the impression that KU students care more about drinking than anything else

Actually it gives the impression that the person wearing the shirt cares more about drinking than winning or losing. If you're not wearing the shirt you don't have anything to worry about.
Now if someone wants to make judgments on a large group of people (25,000+) based on a t-shirt worn by a few then the person making the judgment isn't very bright and you shouldn't care what that person thinks anyway.

#12641 - 09/01/06 02:40 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: kansasnation]
KUColBond Offline
Baby Jay

Regardless of what you think, public opinion of a group like the University is sometimes based on how a few people act. You and I both know it's not right, but it still happens, and it would be easier to correct the few people making this negative impression than change how all those other people around the nation/world form their opinions.

#12642 - 09/01/06 02:46 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: KUColBond]
tulsahawk13 Offline
Phog Fanatic

I'm with you on this one Nation, I don't see the big deal.

my top priorities when choosing apparel for game day

1.) Team colors
2.) KU logo

That's it, wear blue, and hopefully it's a KU shirt.

#12643 - 09/01/06 02:51 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: tulsahawk13]
phoggystyle Offline
Baby Jay

Maybe we need a shirt that reads, "Win or lose, we'll still make stupid posts on the message boards."

#12644 - 09/01/06 02:56 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: phoggystyle]
tulsahawk13 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Lose and board don't rhyme at all, that would just be a dumb shirt.

#12645 - 09/01/06 02:59 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: tulsahawk13]
phoggystyle Offline
Baby Jay

Good point! But we could always make it blue and put a jayhawk on it???

On the subject...."Muck Fizzou" shirts aren't very "classy" either, but they're funny. What do we expect from a t-shirt?

#12646 - 09/01/06 03:02 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: phoggystyle]
tulsahawk13 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Good point... the only thing I care about is when we're at home on TV and the camera pans around and you see a mix of blue, red, and whatever team we're playing. Pack the place in blue and it would be a beautiful thing.

#12647 - 09/01/06 03:03 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: tulsahawk13]
phoggystyle Offline
Baby Jay

Agreed.

#12648 - 09/01/06 03:17 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: phoggystyle]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I could do without both the Muck Fizzou and the Win or Lose shirts. For those who think it doesn't leave a negative image; grow up. And besides, Muck Fizzou is a takeoff of Tuck Fexas which was invented at Mizzou. Thus, we are poor copycats of Columbia.

#12649 - 09/01/06 03:57 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: NotAPuke]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Loc: JRP lunchroom

Both are not very clever, to begin with.

And usually when I see a girl sitting behind the announcers at a bkb game, on her cell phone, wearing the win or lose shirt, I don't think about how it paints the University. I think "what an idiot."

And then: "I wish I had those seats."

#12650 - 09/01/06 04:12 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: NotAPuke]
prairie_dog Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Shawnee, Kansas
We need to come out and kick some a## and all of these silly T-shirts will be a thing of the past. Let's just win, Baby. And by the way, let's party too!

#12651 - 09/01/06 04:17 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: chiknbut]
hail2oldku Offline
Pure Jayhawk

I like the "Our coach is Phat" t-shirts myself.

Much better than either of the two mentioned.

#12652 - 09/01/06 04:27 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: hail2oldku]
hawk61 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: somewhere watching a KU game
Quote:

I like the "Our coach is Phat" t-shirts myself.

Much better than either of the two mentioned.

My daughter has one of those shirts. Wears it all the time.

#12653 - 09/01/06 05:01 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: hawk61]
paducahawk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Great Bend KS
My suggestion for the shirts - paint them purple and sell them in Manhattan about 6 weeks into the season. . .

#12654 - 09/01/06 05:16 PM Shirt Question [Re: paducahawk]
oreadical Offline
Resident Duck

Loc: TJ's Fanny Pack
I saw somebody wearing a "Rock Out With Your Hawk Out" shirt last year on TV at AFH. I have never seen on of these anywhere else. It was a standard KU blue shirt, bearing a strong resemblance to the other KU "novelty" shirts (like the "Muck Fizzou" design). But I wonder now if it was a homemade effort. Does anybody know where to get one?

#12655 - 09/01/06 07:51 PM Re: Shirt Question [Re: oreadical]
KUColBond Offline
Baby Jay

There's some little shop on mass that sells a ton of KU-themed t-shirts, I think they print them. It's on the east side somewhere. It's pretty obvious when you walk by. That'd be where I'd guess.

#12656 - 09/01/06 08:37 PM Re: Shirt Question [Re: KUColBond]
oreadical Offline
Resident Duck

Loc: TJ's Fanny Pack
Thanks...I live in Wichita, but I'm working in Lawrence. I walked by that store and didn't see one in the window. I'll have to drop by when they're open and check it out.

#12657 - 09/01/06 10:12 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: NotAPuke]
rockymtnjhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Colorado
Ditto for me. I don't like those two shirts either. KU can do better than to wear those lame classless shirts.

#12658 - 09/02/06 01:53 AM Re: Shirt Question [Re: KUColBond]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...
Quote:

There's some little shop on mass that sells a ton of KU-themed t-shirts, I think they print them. It's on the east side somewhere. It's pretty obvious when you walk by. That'd be where I'd guess.

JoeCollege.com

I am sending my wife down pre-game tomorrow to get me a new shirt....

"Our Coach Can Eat Your Coach"

#12659 - 09/02/06 03:23 AM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: NotAPuke]
HawkInDaHaus89 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Colorado
I see no problem with the win or lose shirt as long as the person is not puking on national TV. However, the Muck fizzou shirt is bad. Are these sold at the bookstore or officially licensed by the University. If they are licensed then its not a good thing. KU expects to win against Mizzou every year. When Mizzou wins in BB or Football they storm the field or court. Thats my clue that they aren't up to par.

#12660 - 09/03/06 01:54 AM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: HawkInDaHaus89]
actorman Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Bay Area, California
"... we are poor copycats of Columbia ..."

Now THAT's hitting below the belt!!! You could be kicked off the message board for making such a vile and insulting comment!

Seriously, I'm not bothered by the "Muck Fizzou" shirts, although I can see why it would bother some people. But at least the "Fizzou" shirts make it look like people care. The "booze" shirts bother me because they make it look like our fans don't give a s**t if KU wins or not. It makes it look like KU sports are just a trivial side show, rather than the life-and-death struggle we know it to be. (The scary thing is that I'm only half-kidding--boy do I need help.)

I love the idea of the "Phat" shirts; I haven't seen those. But the best shirt I've seen had nine small LGSU kitty-cat logos with lines through them, then underneath it said, "Cats may have nine lives, but Jayhawks live forever." (I had that as my quote for a while.) I asked the person where she got it and she said they had had them made specially for her sorority. What a shame.

#12661 - 09/03/06 06:28 AM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: actorman]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

But the best shirt I've seen had nine small LGSU kitty-cat logos with lines through them, then underneath it said, "Cats may have nine lives, but Jayhawks live forever." (I had that as my quote for a while.) I asked the person where she got it and she said they had had them made specially for her sorority. What a shame.

oh...so her sorority is the University Daily Kansan?

#12662 - 09/03/06 08:06 AM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: brando]
OldEnuf2BYurDad Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I also don't like the "booze" reference. Mostly because I think there are two kinds of schools: good schools and party schools. Yeah, its just a bunch of kids who mostly don't even know the name of our starting QB who're wearing them, but still...

Mostly I don't like them because I always thought that the "Aggieville" drinking culture at KSU was a major stain on their school's image. KU needs to be known for "better" things than that.

#12663 - 09/03/06 12:30 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: OldEnuf2BYurDad]
Ryan2845 Offline
Max Falkenstien

As a student who actually owns one of these "booze" shirts, and wore it too the game yesterday, it's not that I dont respect ku football and want them to win. Of course I want that. It's more if we win, awesome lets go drink to celebrate. If we lose, lets go drink our sorrows away. Of course I care if they win or not.

#12664 - 09/03/06 12:39 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: mexicanhawk]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Korova Milkbar
Right on and great thread. I went to the games to get bombed and scope chicks when I was there, but that was the late '70's, early '80's. When KU would actually challenge a good team (like beating UCLA in '78 ?), I'd pay attention.

#12665 - 09/05/06 07:24 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: RManFlint]
actorman Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Bay Area, California
But the best shirt I've seen had nine small LGSU kitty-cat logos with lines through them, then underneath it said, "Cats may have nine lives, but Jayhawks live forever." (I had that as my quote for a while.) I asked the person where she got it and she said they had had them made specially for her sorority. What a shame.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh...so her sorority is the University Daily Kansan?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does that mean the shirt actually IS available somewhere?

#12666 - 09/05/06 08:31 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: actorman]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

The UDK had them for the KU/KSU game last year. Check with them or even the Jayhawk Bookstore........at the top of the hill.....

#12667 - 09/06/06 09:40 AM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: OldEnuf2BYurDad]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Quote:

Mostly because I think there are two kinds of schools: good schools and party schools. Yeah, its just a bunch of kids who mostly don't even know the name of our starting QB who're wearing them, but still...

Look, the point of this board is to bandy about rumors and opinions like pogs in 1995, but that is one of the most absurd things I have ever read. Both sentences managed to be about 682.7% ignorant.

To the first:

There's only good schools and party schools? So beer bongs here are unacceptable but endless rails of coke at Ivy League schools are? Last I checked KU's national reputation was on the rise. Do we like to party? Absolutely. You tell me what's wrong with work hard/play hard. I'm a student. I'm frequently drunk, especially on weekends. And yet somehow I get good grades, can compose my thoughts in complete, complex sentences, and have a pretty solid future ahead of me. There's only a few years of my life I can live like this. It's offensive to me when people say things as polarized as 'there's two kinds of schools'. Sure, your name suggests you're old enough to be my dad. So you should know that the world doesn't exist in a vacuum. If you think people can't be successful and enjoy a beer or twelve on occasion, you're being awfully naive.

And to the second:

You could not be more wrong. We have known who Kerry Meier was since long before he set foot on campus. We were the ones debating last fall whether or not he should keep the redshirt on, and we're the ones who showed up to Saturday's game mostly because we wanted to see his first TD (or four) as a Jayhawk. I'll take it a step further. I'll bet on a per-capita level, the students who attended the game Saturday were more familiar with KU's depth chart than the rest of the crowd.

Look, you have every right to be ignorant. Clearly, you know this; you exercise that right to its fullest. But don't expect to get away with it. Perhaps you would more appreciate the opinion of someone (estimably) closer to your age level:

"Alumni supply financial support to college athletics, but only the students can truly change the culture of a fan base. The support students lend has deeper roots. They take ownership in a team in a passionate way better measured in decibels than dollars."

So, yes, Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze. We'll fill our glasses, then fill Memorial Stadium. And when it's all over, we'll digest the stat lines as eagerly as we will our Wheel pizza. And we'll do it all again next week. See you there.

#12668 - 09/06/06 11:07 AM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: JFish26]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

So Mr. Fish, I don't believe that oldenough was talking specifically about members of the board, but students in general, like the dullards who spilled beer into my daughters purse last Saturday night. If you need to have one or twelve beers to enjoy a football game, you have some serious issues. I too was once or twice a college student and did many things that I can barely remember, if you get my drift, but NEVER did I attend a sporting event drunk or stoned. The event was more important. To the adults who see the shirts, they are offensive and juvenile. If you don't understand why, then you really don't have a bright future.

#12669 - 09/06/06 12:44 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: NotAPuke]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Loc: JRP lunchroom

To the adults who see the shirts, they are offensive and juvenile.

I'm not sure I completely agree with this. However, usually when I see a student wearing this slogan, I have a pretty good idea as to their maturity level.

It's not that much different than at the Cubs game last night. Sitting behind some yahoos with their recently purchased "Bleacher Bums" T-shirts that read "Shut up and drink your beer" on the back. It's a stupid shirt with an insipid slogan crying out like a siren to the mouth-breathers of the world.

What made it worse was that we were sitting in the upper deck reserved section - very far from the bleachers. Fitting.

#12670 - 09/06/06 01:06 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: chiknbut]
mexicanhawk Offline
Baby Jay

Keegan's article today about the apathy of the program no longer an issue is the true meaning of this thread. The win or lose, we'll still booze shirts only remind us that some dumb arse "fans" still haven't got that message and that there needs to be a public burning for these shirts.

#12671 - 09/06/06 01:12 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: JFish26]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Work on "there are", Mr. Glowing Future.

#12672 - 09/06/06 01:18 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: RManFlint]
goodlandjhawk Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: Gardner, KS
Its a T-shirt guys. Besides it does say WIN or LOSE, not when we lose. A public burning of the shirts, that is the most rediculus idea ever.

Two parts of being in college is wearing old T-shirts because you can't afford to go buy one every week and partying. That is all these people are doing. Calm down.

#12673 - 09/06/06 01:22 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: goodlandjhawk]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

Its a T-shirt guys. Besides it does say WIN or LOSE, not when we lose. A public burning of the shirts, that is the most rediculus idea ever.

Two parts of being in college is wearing old T-shirts because you can't afford to go buy one every week and partying. That is all these people are doing. Calm down.

Apparently, spelling and grammar are not part of the college experience.

#12674 - 09/06/06 01:29 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: RManFlint]
mexicanhawk Offline
Baby Jay

Brotha, it's just a thread for ideas, not an English grade.

#12675 - 09/06/06 01:40 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: mexicanhawk]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

Brotha, it's just a thread for ideas, not an English grade.

Practice like you play, brotha.

#12676 - 09/06/06 01:56 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: goodlandjhawk]
Rivethead Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin, TX USA
Quote:

Almost every fan (including students) got a free t-shirt upon entering the stadium last week.

Seems to me that throws out your "can't afford" it argument.

#12677 - 09/06/06 02:04 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: JFish26]
phoggystyle Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

Quote:

And to the second:

You could not be more wrong. We have known who Kerry Meier was since long before he set foot on campus. We were the ones debating last fall whether or not he should keep the redshirt on, and we're the ones who showed up to Saturday's game mostly because we wanted to see his first TD (or four) as a Jayhawk. I'll take it a step further. I'll bet on a per-capita level, the students who attended the game Saturday were more familiar with KU's depth chart than the rest of the crowd.

Look, you have every right to be ignorant. Clearly, you know this; you exercise that right to its fullest. But don't expect to get away with it. Perhaps you would more appreciate the opinion of someone (estimably) closer to your age level:

"Alumni supply financial support to college athletics, but only the students can truly change the culture of a fan base. The support students lend has deeper roots. They take ownership in a team in a passionate way better measured in decibels than dollars."

So, yes, Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze. We'll fill our glasses, then fill Memorial Stadium. And when it's all over, we'll digest the stat lines as eagerly as we will our Wheel pizza. And we'll do it all again next week. See you there.

Good points and well said...but remember...we've all been in your shoes, but you have yet to be in ours. You will spend much more of your life as an alumnus than you will as the "more passionate student". It takes both of us to help make it work...but moreover, it takes a man on the sidelines who can get athletes and make them become better players. So let neither of us take too much credit.

#12678 - 09/06/06 04:38 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: phoggystyle]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
I never meant to suggest that I need a beer (or twelve) to enjoy a game. All I was upset with was the myopic view that there are good schools and party schools and that the students do not follow the program closely enough to be able to identify the starting quarterback. I am as opposed as anyone to people who go into the game so sloppy-drunk that they spill on fans (and their chidren).

However, please note that obscene drunkenness is not exclusive to college games or college students. Anyone who has ever attended a Chiefs game can attest to that.

Looking at the big picture, can drunken antics of tanked 20-year-olds interfere with your enjoyment of what is becoming a very entertaining atmosphere at the stadium? Absolutely, and I hope you would not hesitate to flag down an event staffer if that is the case.

However, if a few words on a T-Shirt bothers you enough to ruin the game, you are probably too sensitive for your own good. For my part, I'd rather have a stadium full of KU-blue t-shirts advertising drinking and our coach's obesity than the patchwork quilt that is the west side of the stadium during some games.

#12679 - 09/06/06 05:45 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: Rivethead]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

Almost every fan (including students) got a free t-shirt upon entering the stadium last week

but once again, KUAC only makes medium and XL shirts so someone like myself can not wear the "free shirt"...

#12680 - 09/06/06 05:51 PM Re: Shirt Question [Re: brando]
holidaysmore Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Or whatever shirt you want you can have custom made. There are some pretty cheap places in Lawrence that make custom shirts.

Really all those shirts are kinda dumb if you ask me. Our coach is phat, win or lose will still booze, etc...the best design I ever saw was on a alumini's tuba cover. It was of a Jayhawk screwing a Mizzou Tiger in the ***. It was hilarious.

Edited by holidaysmore (09/06/06 05:52 PM)

#12681 - 09/06/06 06:50 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: brando]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Brando...My wife and I both received XXL shirts. Try a different entrance.

#12682 - 09/06/06 06:58 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: NotAPuke]
KUColBond Offline
Baby Jay

I know people that would have killed for a Medium. All we saw were L and XL.

#12683 - 09/06/06 07:28 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: NotAPuke]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

Brando...My wife and I both received XXL shirts. Try a different entrance.

wanna trade an WL for an XXL?

#12684 - 08/07/08 02:14 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: mexicanhawk]
mexicanhawk Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

Ah, the good ol' days!

#12685 - 08/07/08 02:21 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: mexicanhawk]
fabolous_bg Offline
John Brown

Loc: St. Joseph, MO
I have one of the "Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze" shirts on right now. Kind of crazy

#12686 - 09/02/09 10:11 AM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: fabolous_bg]
mexicanhawk Offline
Baby Jay

Ah, remember this piss-poor attitude? How the times are a changin'!

#12687 - 09/02/09 10:25 AM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: mexicanhawk]
Ryan2845 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I'm gonna wear mine saturday just to p*ss you off.

I still maintain what I said 3 years ago, has nothing to do with not caring about the team. We win, i'm gonna celebrate and booze. We lose, i'm gonna drown my sorrows.

Are you making an annual tradition of bumping this thread every fall? lol

#12688 - 09/02/09 10:31 AM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: flange]
mexicanhawk Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

Quote:

I agree 100%. I cringe every time I see one of those stupid shirts, and not because I don't like drinking and partying.

Amen, brother. Just win baby!

#12689 - 09/02/09 10:35 AM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: mexicanhawk]
pwhittemore Offline
Satellite Coords Mod

Loc: NYC
Win most of the time. Lose some of the time. We'll still booze all of the time.

#12690 - 09/02/09 12:31 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: pwhittemore]
JZHawk Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: The 'Dot
Quote:

Win most of the time. Lose some of the time. We'll still booze all of the time.

THIS

#12691 - 09/02/09 12:36 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: JZHawk]
mexicanhawk Offline
Baby Jay

"KU Football: We still booze all the time" would be a GREAT shirt!

#12692 - 09/02/09 01:42 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: mexicanhawk]
mdfraz Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence
notapuke, if you bother going back and reading this thread (which I did since I wasn't on the board in '06), I would just note that if you think Mizzou came up with the Tuck Fexas shirts in the last 10-12 years since the formation of the Big 12, theirs was not an original idea. I would go to Iowa games in middle school in the early to mid 90s and Muck Fichigan shirts were very prevalent at that time already. Not saying Iowa came up with the idea, but it's been around since before Mizzou would have played UT on a regular basis in the Big 12.

#12693 - 09/02/09 03:22 PM Re: Shirt Question [Re: brando]
mushhawk Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: State, Country
chill out mexican hawk.

#12694 - 10/25/10 07:24 PM Re: Shirt Question [Re: mushhawk]
mexicanhawk Offline
Baby Jay

What's the next great T-shirt?

#12695 - 10/25/10 07:35 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: NotAPuke]
kujhawk24 Offline
John Brown

EVERY school has this shirt. Who cares?

#12696 - 10/25/10 10:07 PM Re: Shirt Question [Re: mexicanhawk]
CptWeisguy Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Kansas Football: This shirt was made by mexicanhawk

#12697 - 10/25/10 10:12 PM Re: Shirt Question [Re: CptWeisguy]
TheBashman Offline
Baby Jay

mexicanhawk : bumping threads since 2006

#12698 - 10/25/10 10:12 PM Re: Shirt Question [Re: CptWeisguy]
alexoobers Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Quote:

Kansas Football: This shirt was made by mexicanhawk

I laughed

#12699 - 10/25/10 11:45 PM Re: Shirt Question [Re: alexoobers]
Ryan2845 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I just want to give a shout out to Fall 2011 me reading this on next years bump, 2010 you says what's up.

#12700 - 10/26/10 01:24 AM Re: Shirt Question [Re: mexicanhawk]
HawkInAL Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

Official Member of Gutter's Message Board Fan Club

#2041673 - 07/17/19 11:11 AM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: mexicanhawk]
mexicanhawk Offline
Baby Jay

Had to bring this back to life (original from 2006!) considering today's news on beer sales at games.

#2041681 - 07/17/19 11:22 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: mexicanhawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: mexicanhawk
Had to bring this back to life (original from 2006!) considering today's news on beer sales at games.
You been lurking all this time waiting for booze sales news? LOL

Hope you're at all the home games this year enjoying some fine adult beverages and some W's!

#2041689 - 07/19/19 10:53 AM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: mexicanhawk]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
What's your prediction for W's Kman? I see four IF every ball bounces our way. Of course, as poor as our conference is, we may be able to win more.

RCJHKU!

#2041697 - 07/21/19 12:12 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: mexicanhawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
This is about booze...not wins....I say 6... 6 beers.

#2041745 - 07/25/19 10:37 PM Re: Shirt Question [Re: mexicanhawk]
tsveach Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

“KUSports.com: Remember 13 years ago when I was enrolled at KU and people still posted on this message board? Bump.”

#2041749 - 07/26/19 01:28 PM Re: Shirt Question [Re: tsveach]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: tsveach

“KUSports.com: Remember 13 years ago when I was enrolled at KU and people still posted on this message board? Bump.”
I was still just a lurker on the board back then.

There were enough posters back then that you could read all you needed to read about KU football by reading this board.

#2041750 - 07/26/19 01:56 PM Re: Shirt Question [Re: mexicanhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
"Remember 13 years ago when I was enrolled at KU?"

No.

Social media message boards in general declined in this period. Yes, Vega was a hoot to start his deal. But out here in Denver, The Post board, was also a hummer, but then it broke down. I know, change sucks...but anonymous posts tend to be suspiciously false in nature, as well.

#2041751 - 07/26/19 02:04 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: KUHawkhead]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
What's your prediction for W's Kman? I see four IF every ball bounces our way. Of course, as poor as our conference is, we may be able to win more.

RCJHKU!
I think this team has the talent to win 6 to 8 games, but with a new coaching staff and new system teams don't typically play up to their talent. It also doesn't help that everyone with experience on this team hasn't had much experience in consistently winning either and that mental hurdle is just as real as a physical talent one.

The one big wildcard IMO with our team in all of this is the DL. So many questions in that unit right now to be confident in how they'll play. There's not a lot of experience or depth(mostly at DT) there right now. It could bite us in the butt in some games. QB play is also a question mark, but I think we'll be OK here this year. Not great, but good enough.

Another very difficult to predict factor will be the other first year coaches in our conference we'll be playing against. Coaching transitions almost always equal big drops in the win column for most teams. The exceptions seem to happen when a better coach takes over a team that under performed under the previous coach, which I think is exactly what will happen here at KU, or a coach is taking over a loaded blue blood team where the talent level makes it hard to take much of a hit.

We have no idea how WV, TTech, or ksu will look this year. I don't think any of those teams have enough talent to not be taking some backwards steps under their new coach. The real question here IMO is how far down will they fall this year.

With all that being said, I think we'll probably win 4 to 6 games. Right now I see 4 games we should win and another 2 that look very realistic for us to win and a couple others that could go any number of ways including us getting an otherwise unexpected W.

#2041752 - 07/26/19 04:59 PM Re: Win or Lose, We'll Still Booze [Re: mexicanhawk]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

"Another very difficult to predict factor will be the other first year coaches in our conference we'll be playing against. Coaching transitions almost always equal big drops in the win column for most teams. The exceptions seem to happen when a better coach takes over a team that under performed under the previous coach, which I think is exactly what will happen here at KU, or a coach is taking over a loaded blue blood team where the talent level makes it hard to take much of a hit."

keep in mind that Bama lost to LA-Monroe on Saban's watch. I think it was year 2 but it may have been year 1

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview